Couple of scepter questions

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I’ve been experimenting with scepter in a power build. There are a couple things I’m not quite sure of in terms of mechanics.

When using the block (2) skill, does the blind (counterspell) automatically trigger or does it need to be clicked to make it happen? If you have to click a second time to cast the blind, does that cancel the block? Does the blind always trigger or does it not stay available if the block happens?

For the confusing images (3), what can cause the channel to be cancelled?

Thanks for the help!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

It doesn’t trigger automatically, you have to press #2 again for it to cast.
It cancels the block, and casts the blind spell. I haven’t played with it enough to see if it’s possible to block and cast the blind if they happen at the same time, though if it’s possible you’ll probably lose the damage part and the clone.
If you don’t press anything until the block ends, nothing happens.

For #3 and any other channeled spell, any other action will cancel it.
Interacting with objects, getting interrupted or controlled somehow (stun, daze, pushed back, knock downed, etc), dodging, etc…

There’s few spells in the game, generally instant, that allows you to continue whatever action you’re doing while you use them.

For example, if it’s anything like an Elementalist’s teleport, you could start the channel and Blink somewhere else (as long as you don’t go out of range or something) and the channel should continue.
Most skills marked as “Stun Breaker” should work like this, they’re instant and can be casted anytime regardless of what you’re doing, and most likely won’t cancel your current action (if feasible).

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

Thx very much for the help.

As a quick follow-up, do you know how wide the “line” is for the blind? I’ve been testing the channeled skills for damage to mobs in front of your target, and the line for hitting mobs with that is very narrow. I was wondering how narrow the blind effect from the 2 skill really is.

Thx!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Continuing on with the last statement: Decoy is the oddball here. Decoy has an interrupt cast time, as I like to call it, where you don’t actually cast, but you do interrupt yourself.

Mantras, on the other hand, can be cast (once charged) while channeling, as usual. (In case you didn’t know.)