Couple questions on sigil mechanics

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I’m looking at using sword and pistol along with greatsword for my current build. I’m thinking about using sigil of bloodlust on one and sigil of perception on the other. Do the sword and pistol have to be my active weapons when the mob dies to get the bonus stacks? Do the stacks of power and perception stay active when I switch to the greatsword?

I was also looking at sigil of leeching and sigil of blood. If I put these on the pistol, would they only take effect if I hit / crit with Magic Bullet? Or would either of these count if the iDuelist hits/crits?

Thx!

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

Sorry – should have read the main wiki page on sigils before posting. Several answers were there. You can only ever have one of the stacking types. It looks like a stack is added if the weapon is equipped when the kill happens. And the stack stays as long as I’m not downed or switch zones. So I can see how people charge this up with one weapon and then switch to other weapons.

Also, phantasm crits won’t count toward sigil of blood.

So my only question remaining is what would cause the sigil of leeching to proc if I put it on the pistol. What qualifies as “my next attack” with respect to the pistol?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

If you were to cast 5, it would crit. If you were to cast 1 or 2, it would crit. (Since you’re using Sword/Pistol).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

With sigil of leeching, you will gain a temporary boon that causes your next attack from any source to steal hp.

That being said, sigils will never ever interact with phantasms or clones, no matter what, to the point of if 100% of your damage on a target was from a phantasm, you wont even get a stack for a stacking sigil.

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

Thx much. So if I put Sigil of Leeching on the pistol, I’ll get a boon that stays up until I make an attack. But that would only be magic bullet, blurred frenzy, or the sword auto-attack (which is pretty unlikely the way I play). Does that boon go away if I switch back without doing one of those attacks?

Since I wanted to try out some things, I went ahead with perception sigil on the sword and accuracy on the pistol. That seems to get crit rate up quite nicely.

I might experiment with the other ones more later. Thx for all the tips!