Creating a WvW Roaming Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: TGamesification.3845

TGamesification.3845

Hey, so I’m trying to build a, as the title says, wvw roaming build, and I would like some help. I normally roam with 2-5 people, and I’m kinda new at making builds. This is what I have so far:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQNAR8flwzipXUTkGb9IipHBnvBckKoalegb82FC-jUDBYfAofRmCEmIIQpmKqZnCjFOFRjVtET9CQ/aR1GcLq2gGziGQKgRVGB-w

Any opinions or suggestions would be great

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Bountiful interruption seem rather pointless since you have a whooping 1 skill on a high cooldown that can interrupt (ie gs 5).

I would also use double sigil of doom to put constant poision on your target rather than getting more accuracy (70% is already insane, 65% isnt going to hurt).

Personally I would also trade precision for crit damage – you can probably get another 30% crit damage at a minor loss of precision/toughness depending on what gear you pick.

Empowered illusions I am still not sure about. I seem to recall it not affecting phantasm damage, which is where where the real damage come from. The actual damage that clones does is very minor (20-30 maybe). Someone around here will probably know it, all I know is that I prefer crippling dissipation (if phantasm build) or mental torment (if shatter).

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

You should try the 3 basic PU builds everyone runs right now:

• Condition PU
  • Hybrid PU (not sure if popular but a few friends use and like it)
  • Power PU

They’re all pretty solid and you can change them to fit your playstyle afterwards.

P.S. Yeah, I know PU is not a build but it’s the easiest way to explain them.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

First off wow those are really good stats. However, 70 percent crit is overkill and you should get some more crit damage. A possible way to improve your crit damage is from celestial armor ( the coat legs and hat). Also, if you do use bountiful, be sure to use your diversion and your gs carefully, as those are your only interuppts. That’s all I got honestly. I ran that setup for a long time before switching to shatterlock so go ahead and ask more questions

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

Do you really have full ascended in every slot? If so, they you really shouldn’t need a thread for others to make your build.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

You don’t need that much precision – swap out all those trinkets for ones with crit damage (cavalier, berserker or berserker/valkyrie), even the backpiece.

Echoing the question above – do you have full ascended or at least the money/mats for it, or is this a long term goal over the next few weeks/months? Do you already have all those trinkets, or simply laurels/ectos saved up?

Also with armour rune – personally would either take +movement speed (traveler/centaur/air) or defence against conditions (melandru/hoelbrak). With the former you’d need condition removal skills/utilities and/or food – with the latter you’d need mobility skills to make up for slow speed.

Edit: also, why AR infusions? Surely you’d want wvw infusions?

(edited by Curunen.8729)

in Mesmer

Posted by: TGamesification.3845

TGamesification.3845

These are all long-term goals, I do have the resources available to make it all as long as I craft my bolt of damask everyday, and not buy everything. And thank you guys for your input, I had a feeling that there was to much crit chance but wasn’t sure. Plus I just switched out the AR infusions with WvW ones, I didn’t notice what I did :P

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I made a little video of the roaming build I use in WvW. The thread is here
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Video-PU-Roaming-Phantasm-PURP-WvW

The video only shows solo roaming, but I use this build with others as well. It’s helpful if you have voice so you can let them know a stealth skill is coming.

You can get to pretty high crit chance, but as others have mentioned, your goal is roughly equal levels of crit chance and crit damage percent. Since I have fury on all my phantasms, I balance for them being about equal crit chance and crit percent.