Critique my tanky support build please

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vexd.1238

Vexd.1238

Hey, I’ve wanted to create a build that can survive a lot of damage, that uses the shield and wells. I would like to just survive in zergs and throw out a load of boons.

Before I start crafting armor, are there some suggestions anyone has for this build pls?

build is here:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vhEQNAreWncfC1filpBufCEgilejyMAelFoeUb1X9cDKhVD-TlBFABtv/wPK/GXPQeaCAw8z8q/QKgAHGB-w

ty

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Hi
I just had a quick look and my first reaction is: why scepter? You do not have a condi build (and that would be a bad idea anyway in a zerg) and sword offer cleave and much more defenses.

My second point would be why precog? I don’t think the 3 aegis and little endurance are worth the CD.

Finally, I am not sure your build brings much to the table. You have no damage because of your gear (and because we are mesmers), you do not have any significant AOE healing nor condi cleanse. You pretty much JUST survive.

The only thing you bring are some staff boons and some alacrity, all of which you could easily bring by staying in the backline (since they are ranged skills) and gearing/building for higher damage.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Yeah, I’m going to echo Silverkey here. This build is 99% tank, 1% support, 0% anything else. Your stated objective is to survive in zergs and throw out a ton of boons. You’ll probably survive, but you’re not going to throw out any boons. Your group healing is limited to the healing well; not enough to be significant on its own.

If you really want to be tossing out a lot of boons, you’ll probably need to go something more like heal mantra + runes of altruism and bountiful dissilusionment. However, even that build is going to be pretty weak on sharing boons that actually matter. A shout guardian would outclass this build in pretty much every way imaginable unfortunately.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vexd.1238

Vexd.1238

Thanks guys!

I went cepter just for blocking on the move, I guess sword has nice evasion.

So I’m too much tank and not much else, how can I get to say, 50/50 tank support? I’m really not aiming for damage.

Should I go with mantra’s?

What about gear stats? thanks

P.s. I’ve been using the same GS build for years now, thus wanting to use entirely different skills :P

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I like that you go such a tank version. It propably won´t kill annything but anoy like hell and thus be realy funny.

I made modification without changing the traitlines.
The mod is more supportive. I don´t know if the oil is available.
also added sigils that i see are fitting this build. (intenionally where they are of course)
You can also go for protection on chaos armor instead of mirror.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhEQNAseWncfCdohtfCmfCEgilej6MFKhWreUb1X1MAelMC-T1CFABAY+xPlg5pJotjAA/HCgx1DMv6P/o87gTAAwPAg23fIAACQozdGQwolCIwZWA-w

If you want to do at least a bit damage go all celestial trinkets. If you have it ascended go for it.

Greetings

Wolf

(edited by Wolfric.9380)