DPS WvW Insight

DPS WvW Insight

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

What is currently for Mesmers in WvW when it comes to damage? Im talking about both small and big fights (including sieges, defending, choke points, retreats). I want to focus on damage mostly, but unfortunately Im not very knowledgeable about the class. Thanks in advanced!

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

DPS WvW Insight

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

All Berserker’s you’ll do great damage until you die 10 sec later.

All damage can be great 1v1 though.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

DPS WvW Insight

in Mesmer

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

I’m in almost full berserkers except 2 knight’s armor pieces, chest and legs and 2/3 cavalier trinkets. As for spec, I’d go for a shatter spec. You have clones to divert from you, more uptime on distortion (invuln shatter) and strong aoe damage. A mind wrack can kill a group of 5 if they were at 50% hp. (not that this happens often)

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

DPS WvW Insight

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

Hi.

Wery different how you play aswell, in organiced team the survival > dmg as a rally for enemy team in GvG or open world can make you lose the fight. For roaming you simply use your skills etc for more dmg and less focus on survive.

Have a look:

12 man group team fight:

Shatter Cat Heavy 3.0 roaming fight:

Condition gameplay/build:

/Osicat

DPS WvW Insight

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

What is currently for Mesmers in WvW when it comes to damage? Im talking about both small and big fights (including sieges, defending, choke points, retreats). I want to focus on damage mostly, but unfortunately Im not very knowledgeable about the class. Thanks in advanced!

id try reflection, and a greatsword.

(edited by Levitas.1953)

DPS WvW Insight

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

I melt people’s faces in WvW. I wear all pvt armor and all zerker jewelry . I have’t played a lot lately about 1 hr a day at most. Seems the number of skilled player have dropped a lot, at least in my experience. I guess most wvwer just zerg now days , so it’s somewhat effortless to kill solos with high burst.

DPS WvW Insight

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nevhie.6079

Nevhie.6079

For Power Build, Go For GS if u want to become a Hitter Role in ur P. Most GS Skills can;t be blocked by anti Projectile so ur DPS will keep going as long ur enemy in ur shooting range. As for the other weapon off set depend on ur taste.

Here’s my vid for GS Teamplay for 25th June Patch, Around 3-5 P MEmbers. Have a look. TY~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1okBWqNpOc

Nevhíe
GreatSword Mesmer
Jade Quarry, Strike Force [SF]

DPS WvW Insight

in Mesmer

Posted by: True Seeker.3682

True Seeker.3682

I personally prefer Greatsword + Sword/Focus. Greatsword is the DPS weapon of choice in WvW due to range, ability to generate clones, AoE damage + Cripple via Phantasmal Berserker (Cripple cannot be underestimated in allowing you to gain distance) while Illusionary Wave is an excellent gap-creator and interrupt. Focus will allow you to maintain overland speed and allow for reflection (if you spec into it), Warden does a lot of damage in siege defense situations, and Into the Void is great for catching the kitten -end of a group and ripping them up while they are down. Sword gives you a gap-closing Cripple and Immobilize, and Blurred Frenzy is good for offense as well as defense in a pinch.

You’ll want a mix of Berserker and Knight equipment, if you are looking for Ascended the Berserker + Valkyrie items are ideal for giving you some extra health against conditions also. Survivability can be increased by making sure to take Blink and possibly Decoy. I usually run with Mass Invisibility for risky maneuvers and “oh kitten” moments where you have to leave, or to setup ambushes on the offensive, though Time Warp is extremely powerful if you can keep the enemy in one spot (but helps little in survivability)

Mesmerizing