Damage Done - SPvP

Damage Done - SPvP

in Mesmer

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

Q:

So how much damage does the average power shatter build do in PvP? I’ve been playing a mesmer and I’ve been finding that I do barely 200K per match on average. Why is this? On my Thief I can easily do 360 or break to 400 depending on if my team is well coordinated.

Do I just need to L2P more, or does Mesmer just not have that much damage to dish out?

Damage Done - SPvP

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

A:

200-250k on any mesmer build you could name, is pretty normal.
It’s a small amount of total damage because you’re applying that to singular targets throughout the whole game.

Basically, you don’t provide a whole hell of a lot of cleave.

Thieves have superior cleave, and more damage overall.
Therefore you getting 360-400k sounds about right.

I haven’t played thief in a long while, so Idk where it should actually land. But what you’ve suggested doesn’t seem outlandish to me.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

Damage Done - SPvP

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ananeos.4587

Ananeos.4587

Power shatter is a burst build. Burst != sustained damage.

Hailsec – Asuran Mesmer | EVOS
Zraiyya – Asuran Elementalist | EVOS
Akkodi – Asuran Engineer | EVOS

Damage Done - SPvP

in Mesmer

Anomaly.7612

Does != also mean, =\= ? An equal with a slash through it? If so, I agree. :L

Damage Done - SPvP

in Mesmer

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Does != also mean, =\= ? An equal with a slash through it? If so, I agree. :L

Programming wise, != is NOT EQUAL

Damage Done - SPvP

in Mesmer

Anomaly.7612

It’s a small amount of total damage because you’re applying that to singular targets throughout the whole game.

I haven’t played thief in a long while, so Idk where it should actually land. But what you’ve suggested doesn’t seem outlandish to me.

One, I thought your name was, “TheOneWhoSleighs,” which would have been amazing, but I still like your name as is.

I agree, I can see what you mean by that. Thanks for the info as I was curious. Kinda bummed because I’m not sure what a mesmer brings to the table that another class doesn’t aside from a portal. Any help on that? What makes a mesmer worth bringing to a team? Because I really enjoy the play style a lot, but I want to feel like I’m contributing.

Damage Done - SPvP

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Mesmer has awful sustained damage, but decent burst. Thieves have great sustained damage and burst. After you do your burst, you’re left with basically nothing that does damage while thief autos and low init abilities do very good damage.

Damage Done - SPvP

in Mesmer

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

One, I thought your name was, “TheOneWhoSleighs,” which would have been amazing, but I still like your name as is.

I agree, I can see what you mean by that. Thanks for the info as I was curious. Kinda bummed because I’m not sure what a mesmer brings to the table that another class doesn’t aside from a portal. Any help on that? What makes a mesmer worth bringing to a team? Because I really enjoy the play style a lot, but I want to feel like I’m contributing.

For YoloQ the only thing I can suggest is to play a very selfish condi build, and decap what you can.

For an actual team, I have no clue.
You’re essentially portal and moa, and don’t bring much else other than a couple of difficult to land interrupts.

Rev does everything we do, but better.

On the bright side, however, a mesmer can 1v1 a rev. How that’s beneficial?
Idk.

Damage Done - SPvP

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I’ve been using the condi build that Messiah has been showing in his videos.

I had a match on Niflhel tonight where I had a mix of team fights, a couple 1v1s, and a couple of Svanir kills (which I’m sure drive up the damage totals a lot – one was solo, one kill was with a teammate).

In total, I did about 334K condi damage (from 861 condis applied) and about 199K direct damage.

It is a fairly selfish build, but it still gave over 40K healing, 72 boons, and 86 condis removed from allies. I’ve never played a true support build, so I don’t know how that would compare.

Damage Done - SPvP

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

That’s nice damage though eldenbri. I am playing a similar selfish Condie build ATM, and am averaging about 300-350k, with often over 400k. Among the most damage I’ve done was a tad over 460k on Khylo in a medium length match that we won pretty handily. (Not a blow-out, but like 500-350 or something.) It wasn’t an overly lengthy match is what I’m saying.

Same as you, I had several 1v1s most of which I could win or draw, and a fair bit of team fights where the combination of GW + Condie shatter dumps put a lot of hurt on people.

A lot of this is luck though, as Yolo-queue tends to be. ;-) Sometimes Condie build feels really powerful, until you hit that organized team and your Condie damage plummets into the crapper…and then you think about Power builds again…it’s an endless cycle because -in reality- neither one is that effective in a team environment ATM.

It wasn’t a coincidence that bunker builds became popular post HoT, that’s all we had to counter the power creep of the other professions. Now that it’s gone, the blatant lack of damage creep for Mesmers post-HoT is easily seen.

Not a whole lot has really changed for Condie Mesmer with the HoT patch, well except for 5% on MS lol, so it’s sudden popularity is more “desperation” after overly heavy nerfs (the only kind Mesmers ever see!) then anything else.

Damage Done - SPvP

in Mesmer

Posted by: Toeofdoom.6152

Toeofdoom.6152

I’m seeing the same 350-500k numbers on Condi builds too, though it can vary widely for heaps of reasons (e.g. if you smash the other team too hard you might only do 150 from lack of targets).

Similar Condi shatters using shield + illusions have been around since the HOT betas – bunker mes got all the attention though. Post patch, the MS buffs and new amulets help out, but many variants die too fast with the higher damage meta – so this extra defensive version took a while to show up.

Damage Done - SPvP

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Agreed. The Merc amulet did help a good bit, as the other Condie oriented Amulets are plain bad now IMO. Without at least some Vit & Toughness, it’s really hard to enjoy a condition Mesmer build.

I shouldn’t say this out loud, the Merc Amulet will probably be removed next.

You used to get at least 2k HPs off Insp, which in the meta back then was enough to run Rabid amulet successfully, but now it means either 16k HPs or no Toughness if you want to run Condi amulet aside from Merc, and that in a power-creeped meta. So basically glassy condition builds, which is really a contradiction since you need sustain for a Damage over Time oriented build.

Damage Done - SPvP

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

My average damage is much closer to 300K in total with the condi shatter build and mercenary amulet. Even in this fight, you have to take out 1.5 Svanirs worth of health from my totals. Being able to apply 861 condi’s is also an outlier. Most fights for me have about 400 – 600 condi’s applied.

I know OP asked about power shatter, but I just wanted to give some perspective.

Any way you look at it, it feels like a tough challenge in a lot of pvp fights. I try to start by taking home, but if someone rushes it, it’s typically a long fight before I can cap it (or worst case – I lose). It feels rewarding when I can contribute to my team. I imagine if I was passably competent on some other profession, I could contribute more. But this is really the only class I play.