Damage: more active, less passive

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

i don’t know about you guys, but seeing my phantasms get obliterated in enemy zergs before they even do anything never fails to put a cute little frown on my face, so it would be nice to have something more reliable.
thoughts?

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

You won’t find much disagreement on this forum, but ANet seems happy with the status quo.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Mesmer

Lightsbane.9012

You won’t find much disagreement on this forum, but ANet seems happy with the status quo.

that’s a problem.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

And why nobody takes the game seriously anymore lol.

Hell, even the thief has a passive invuln trait on it now.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

• Simple fix: change phantasms to attack only once (being invulnerable during this time) before becoming “standard” clones and fix our personal damage accordingly.
  • Less simple (but better?) fix: rework and remove damage from phantasms altogether like I suggest in my signature.

There are solutions, but a-net does not care too much.

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

• Simple fix: change phantasms to attack only once (being invulnerable during this time) before becoming “standard” clones and fix our personal damage accordingly.
  • Less simple (but better?) fix: rework and remove damage from phantasms altogether like I suggest in my signature.

Easiest thing to do to help mesmer sustained damage in PvE is to make phantasms a proper summon like Necro minions. That way they can stay out and help you as you clear trash mobs, and you don’t necessarily have to wait 30 seconds to get all 3 phantasms out while fighting a champion.

And from there its easy to make them more active. Have them execute their attack/effect once when summoned, and then change the skill itself to that effect/attack. That way you get to choose when they attack and whatnot.

in Mesmer

Lightsbane.9012

Easiest thing to do to help mesmer sustained damage in PvE is to make phantasms a proper summon like Necro minions. That way they can stay out and help you as you clear trash mobs, and you don’t necessarily have to wait 30 seconds to get all 3 phantasms out while fighting a champion.

And from there its easy to make them more active. Have them execute their attack/effect once when summoned, and then change the skill itself to that effect/attack. That way you get to choose when they attack and whatnot.

i think the best solution would be to have more weapons that perform like scepter. not in function mind you, but in that they don’t create phantasms, but have skills that do significant damage on their own. That’s why i’m seriously hoping that the axe leak is incorrect, because that would mean they need to solve two problems that mesmers have at once; sustained melee presence and skills that do damage that aren’t phantasms. (assuming the axe isn’t ranged. which it better not be.)
if mesmer got a ranged weapon, they could at least address the issue of phatasms being the dominant form of damage.

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

i think the best solution would be to have more weapons that perform like scepter. not in function mind you, but in that they don’t create phantasms, but have skills that do significant damage on their own. That’s why i’m seriously hoping that the axe leak is incorrect, because that would mean they need to solve two problems that mesmers have at once; sustained melee presence and skills that do damage that aren’t phantasms. (assuming the axe isn’t ranged. which it better not be.)
if mesmer got a ranged weapon, they could at least address the issue of phatasms being the dominant form of damage.

None of our mainhand only weapons produce a phantasm (though since we only have 2, I can see why you would think scepter was “unique” in that regard), so I really don’t see what you are trying to say here.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

None of our mainhand only weapons produce a phantasm (though since we only have 2, I can see why you would think scepter was “unique” in that regard), so I really don’t see what you are trying to say here.

Maybe scepter feels unique because it actually has a burst damage skill which is not a phantasm. Sword’s damage is essentially the AA.

in Mesmer

Lightsbane.9012

Maybe scepter feels unique because it actually has a burst damage skill which is not a phantasm. Sword’s damage is essentially the AA.

that’s what i’m saying. it has a burst that isn’t reliant on summoning something.