Debating Builds for Dungeons

in Mesmer

Posted by: secretmessej.4750

secretmessej.4750

So I’m pretty new to forums in general, especially this one, and I thought this would be as good a place as any to ask for some help in deciding between 2 builds for dungeon runs.

The first one is by someone in another thread somewhere else on here (if he/she finds their build up here then let me know and I’ll give credit for their work)

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=VP;4VPF-1S7kWV71;9;49T-T-2;0139;1478;2oW0S;9BBGvkDgY10;15VAWFXKYO3V_6o0SN-5V8aNX8a;9;9;9;7kkkkkk;63;2V8k3y

The second one is Brazil’s DPS Mesmer Build

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=VP;4VPF-1S7BVV71;9;49T-J92;0139;147-2;04o0-S;1udbTudbTBBGvcF;0g;25VAWFXKYO3V_6o0SN-5V8aNX8a;9;9;9;9;9-3;2V8k3h

So again I just need some help in order to figure out which one of these builds will work better in Dungeons, no I’m not running Arah, I’ll mostly be running Honor of The Waves until I get that whole set of armor, then I’ll run Fractals for ascended stuff, then I’ll work towards ascended weps, and then, only then will I even attempt Arah. I love having plans

I appreciate anyone willing to help me through this debate, and I apologize in advance if I do not respond quickly, I have lectures all day today and I’m studying my kitten for my Chemistry final tomorrow

(edited by secretmessej.4750)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

I use the following for all dungeons and FOTM except Arah,

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-N;4VPVz0273VV71;9;5J-OO;113;217-29-6Nk05;9o-FvcFg2v;1V1-60B1G2LZR_-30C-2i;9;9;9;9;3kkkkkk;9;0VR-6P

You can use Scholar Runes instead of Ruby Orbs
I sometimes will swap out the off-hand sword for pistol (and swap out the sword trait for pistol trait in dueling)

For Arah I run a Mantra/Reflection build.

I don’t understand some of the choices in the builds you linked.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: Clockwork Bard.3105

Clockwork Bard.3105

If it were between the two, I’d personally choose the 30 in Inspiration. The extra phantasm damage and the flexibility of another Inspiration trait to swap out based on the situation feels worth significantly more than anything the first tier of Illusions has to offer for a phantasm build in a dungeon environment.

in Mesmer

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

My laptop is terrible and can’t access intothemists, so i’ll just say this:

Run 10/30/0/30/0, 0/20/0/25/25 or 10/30/0/20/10 phantasm for dungeons.

If it were between the two, I’d personally choose the 30 in Inspiration. The extra phantasm damage and the flexibility of another Inspiration trait to swap out based on the situation feels worth significantly more than anything the first tier of Illusions has to offer for a phantasm build in a dungeon environment.

Compounding Power for 9%+ damage?

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in Mesmer

Posted by: Clockwork Bard.3105

Clockwork Bard.3105

Compounding Power for 9%+ damage?

Aye, that’s what the decision was between. The two links were 10/30/0/30/0 and 10/30/0/20/10, with Compounding Power in the Ill10 slot.

I don’t feel Compounding Power is at all bad, and certainly works just fine in that scenario. I just feel that in that environment, if I’m getting my full 9% bonus, it often means my phantasms are out (not always, but that is the goal). I haven’t done the math or looked up the theorycrafting to see how three iDuelists/iWardens/iSwordsmen at +15% would stack up to a sword at +9%. I’m sure someone has though, and wouldn’t mind seeing those numbers.

I also didn’t take into account that both builds have Deceptive Evasion. So a full constant 3 phantasms may be a loftier goal for a melee build.

In the end, it’s that extra Inspiration trait that sways me. It’s a nice toolbox for some added condition removal or the like.

in Mesmer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Those intothemists links are misleading. You should never take persisting images. Always take glamour mastery and warden’s feedback. If you go 30 into inspiration you take temporal enchanter.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Brazil’s build is pretty much made specifically for reflecting Lupi. 0/20/0/25/25 or 10/30/0/0/30 is more balanced for overall play.

in Mesmer

Posted by: secretmessej.4750

secretmessej.4750

Thank you everyone for all the suggestions and helpful feedback, I am looking forward to set up this build, that is, once I am done studying for my Chemistry final

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Brazil’s build is pretty much made specifically for reflecting Lupi. 0/20/0/25/25 or 10/30/0/0/30 is more balanced for overall play.

Yeah and I believe there are better Lupi reflecting builds (Mantra) out there.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |