Debilitating Dissipation causing fear?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Biocide.7059

Biocide.7059

Hi guys!

First post in the forums here. I used to main a ranger but since switched over to the Mesmer class despite originally disliking the sounds the class made for absurd reasons. Anyway, apologies if this has been asked before but I noticed all evening that my clones were casting fear during PVE and I’m trying to figure out if the trait ‘Debilitating Dissipation’ is responsible.

Originally, I noticed this back a month or so with my staff clones. I initially thought it was a glitch as it only happened twice, but I was surprised that I was able to replicate the effect on a mob of moa in Queensdale.

I run shatter and condition Mesmer, both of which have Debilitating Dissipation yet found fear being cast more frequently on shatter spec when I did not shatter my clones, and allowed them to be killed by the mob. With the trait switched out my clones no longer cast fear. I managed to fraps my clones casting fear so I’ll probably provide the video if need be. If Debilitating Dissipation is responsible for this, I wonder why I never see it happen in WvW. It only seems to happen in PVE.
Anyone else experience this? I can’t really tell if it’s a fluke or intentional.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Helios.3598

Helios.3598

no… is dolan….

mesmer of Blackgate
http://intothemists.com/

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

What armor are you using? Is it a full set of TA?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

This has nothing to do with DD, your staff or armor. This is what many mobs (such as cows/moas) get when you attack them in low level areas like Queensdale. Do it in Orr or any other high level areas and Fear will never proc on any mobs unless you’re wearing the armor that does.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

This has nothing to do with DD, your staff or armor. This is what many mobs (such as cows/moas) get when you attack them in low level areas like Queensdale. Do it in Orr or any other high level areas and Fear will never proc on any mobs unless you’re wearing the armor that does.

They don’t get “fear” their AI gets “scared” and they start running. Fear is an actual condition that can be applied.

in Mesmer

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

If you got your original armor from TA (I think) then the armor comes with a default superior rune of the nightmare.

There is a feature (bug) where your clones will continue to have the fear on hit effect, even if you swap out different runes and change the appearance of the armor.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in Mesmer

Nuka Cola.8520

They don’t get “fear” their AI gets “scared” and they start running. Fear is an actual condition that can be applied.

which has the same icon and pretty much guaranteed the reason tc thinks its a trait/staff bug?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

which has the same icon and pretty much guaranteed the reason tc thinks its a trait/staff bug?

No. It has no icon. The ai will just turn around and run.

in Mesmer

Nuka Cola.8520

No. It has no icon. The ai will just turn around and run.

Wrong. they get the same icon and are feared for 3sec. This is done with Divinity runes

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

It doesn’t occur to all mobs. Some mobs will get the icon, others won’t. I know most Moa don’t get it.

in Mesmer

Nuka Cola.8520

It doesn’t occur to all mobs. Some mobs will get the icon, others won’t. I know most Moa don’t get it.

No, it doesn’t occur to all, correct. Only certain mobs in low level areas and the cows near troll’s cave in Queensdale is a perfect example.