Deceptive Evasion and Sword # 3.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Malice.8439

Malice.8439

So having performed some tests, it appears that you can’t spawn clones either by Deceptive Evasion or through the Sword # 3 skill, if you’re not in combat. I’ve been trying to use the Sword # 3 ability as a “charge” or a leap to get into combat with mobs, only for it to fail.

Staff # 2, however, will spawn a clone if you have a mob targeted, will it not? Whether you’re currently in combat or not, as long as you’re in range.

Which makes me wonder is Deceptive Evasion and Sword # 3 are bugged, or if they are working as intended.

All warfare is based on deception.
- Sun Tzu, Art of War

in Mesmer

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

So having performed some tests, it appears that you can’t spawn clones either by Deceptive Evasion or through the Sword # 3 skill, if you’re not in combat. I’ve been trying to use the Sword # 3 ability as a “charge” or a leap to get into combat with mobs, only for it to fail.

Staff # 2, however, will spawn a clone if you have a mob targeted, will it not? Whether you’re currently in combat or not, as long as you’re in range.

Which makes me wonder is Deceptive Evasion and Sword # 3 are bugged, or if they are working as intended.

sword 3 can be used out of combat, but using it will put you in combat. its range is 600, so you’re probably just not in range for it to work.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jermz.4613

Jermz.4613

Are you making sure that you’re in range for every skill? I’m not sure if you’re aware, but that red line under your skill means that you arent in range. If you keep moving closer the red line will disappear telling you that you’re in range for the skill.

You can only generate clones when in combat or you have something targetted and in range. for example if you have autotarget turned on and you’re running past a mob and they’re agro’d when you dodge it will generate a clone, however if you’re not in range, and they have not been agro’d dodging will not generate a clone.

Sea of Sorrows ~ gw2-seaofsorrows.com
[HLX] Helix Leader ~ http://helix.venturegamers.com

in Mesmer

Malice.8439

Range might very well be the issue. It’d appear, though, that if you’re ever that close, you’d be put into combat already, thus making my intent for the leap futile.

Well, perhaps it was intended solely to catch runners in PvP. =P

- Sun Tzu, Art of War

in Mesmer

Posted by: Scizzor.8137

Scizzor.8137

I’ve posted before about this and I’m not sure all Mesmers realize is that the leap skill summons a clone the instant you use the skill and it has a very small range (says 600 but I think it’s smaller). On the other hand, other skills like the iberserker you can precast it before your in range because it summons the phantasm after the skill activation is complete. Why is it like this? I don’t know, but I’m used to precasting my clones/phantasms and the leap clone doesn’t allow me to do it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lyer.1905

Lyer.1905

You do not want deceptive evasion to spawn clones when not in combat.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

There seems to be a bit of misinformation in this thread, I’ll clear it up.

Deceptive evasion only spawns clone in combat, and they aggro on the nearest enemy to you when you rolled.

Phase retreat (staff 2) is castable both with and without a target, and both in and out of combat. When casted with no target, it moves you backwards relative to your character’s direction. When casted with a target, it moves you away from your current target, and produces a clone. When casted with no target, but in combat, it will still produce a clone.

Illusionary leap+swap (sword 3) is not castable without a target. It is castable with a target and out of combat. However, if cast with a target, but out of RANGE, the clone will not spawn, you will not get the swap skill, and it will immediately go into cooldown.

I hope that cleared a few things up.

in Mesmer

Malice.8439

You do not want deceptive evasion to spawn clones when not in combat.

I do if I am rolling towards a target I’m about to engage in combat. ;P

@Pyro: Thank you. That sums it pretty well.

- Sun Tzu, Art of War