Decoy seems to fail.

Decoy seems to fail.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lifelost.5627

Lifelost.5627

Decoy seems to fail a lot when used after or que’d against a previous skill. had a 10 min skirmish where i must’ve used decoy close to 20 times. I noticed it fails to turn you invisi if que’d after a channel or a heal.

I’ll test it some more before posting anything in the game bugs but if you guys could also help to verify it too would be appreciated.

Decoy seems to fail.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Skyro.3108

Skyro.3108

This is likely due to you using Decoy before a projectile you just fired lands. The instant you deal damage (even from projectiles you fired before you used Decoy) will break stealth. This is particularly noticable with bouncing traits such as Staff 1 or GS 2, as each bounce will deal damage and will break your stealth.

Decoy seems to fail.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wisler.9485

Wisler.9485

It is known that if you deal damage you lose your invisibilty. The problem is you still lose your invisibilty if attacks you launched BEFORE going invisible hit your enemy and deal damage AFTER you became invisible (most comonly these are Winds of Chaos and Chaos Storm). Fortunately Illusions don’t have any effect on your invisibilty.

Decoy seems to fail.

in Mesmer

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

This is likely due to you using Decoy before a projectile you just fired lands. The instant you deal damage (even from projectiles you fired before you used Decoy) will break stealth. This is particularly noticable with bouncing traits such as Staff 1 or GS 2, as each bounce will deal damage and will break your stealth.

I know my dumb self has done this a few times. Decoy isn’t a skill I used much until I started playing WvW more often in the past month, so I am not surprised that I failed to correctly account for this nuance.

Decoy seems to fail.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Oh, so that’s probably why Mass Invisibility sometimes didn’t stealth me at all (not even for a second)… though I didn’t see any revealed-icon. But then again; I was running away and probably too busy to notice… though… I was running for a few seconds already; so how was I attacking? Maybe I dropped a Chaos Storm before? Hmmmm… that may be. Ugh. -_-

(edited by Saturn.6591)

Decoy seems to fail.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pylades.6394

Pylades.6394

This explains what’s been happening to me. Thanks all!