Design a skill

Design a skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

Here’s my idea. Sort of like Calculated Risk from Guild Wars 1.

Suicidal Haste
Elite manipulation skill. Cost: 10 skill points. Range: 900

For 5 seconds, give your enemy quickness. Applies 25 stacks of confusion and 25 stacks of might to the target. Duration: 5 seconds. Cooldown: 90 seconds

The idea for using this skill, in PvE, would be to use it against a boss and then steal the 25 stacks of might and share it with the rest of your team. In PvP, you would have to cover it with other conditions first. A good player would wait out the confusion but a careless one might end up killing themselves with it.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

Design a skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

25 stacks of Confusion is about 4500 damage in sPvP and 9000 damage in WvW with a condition build. If you use it while your opponent is autoattack spamming it could easily kill them in an instant, especially with the Quickness… on the other hand, against anyone with a bit of caution this skill will almost always work against you as it’s easily countered by any form of condition removal or waiting it out; and given the buffs you’re giving your enemy you could easily be the one to die even if your opponent ignores the Confusion.

It is an interesting (and highly situational + noob stomping) skill, but overall I think it needs more calculation compared to risk: IMO it should also give the target Frenzy, increasing damage they take by 50%. It may seem like overkill but given that how Confusion performs is entirely up to your enemy, the skill does need a more reliable negative given the risk of backfire.

(edited by Embolism.8106)

Design a skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: MLieBennett.9031

MLieBennett.9031

Well, random ideas.

Mantra of Recall
Elite Mantra skill. Cost 30 skill points. Cool down: 210 seconds
Meditate, charging a spell that recharges all other skills and charges other mantras.
“Echo, Recollection, Déjà vu.”
Power Restore
Cool down: 1 second.
All other spells recharge, and all other mantras gain 2 charges (3 charges, if Harmonious Mantras is equipped).

Versatility is the key for this elite. Besides, it will allow a Mesmer to get 3x of one Phantasm out fast once every 3 minutes and 34 seconds.

====

Illusion of Haste
Utility Manipulation Channel Skill. Cost 3 skill points. No Cool Down.

This is a Channel Skill. Upon activation, it clears the Crippled Condition. While channeling this skill, you gain Haste and Stability during the channel duration. Once the channel ends or is interrupted, you are crippled for 5 seconds (+Condition Duration does not affect this).
Channel duration: 10 seconds.
(Note interrupting the Channel will give the 4-5 second CD)

Yes, a Utility to let the Mesmer haul it. As its a Channel skill, he can’t dodge or use any skill that isn’t a pre-charged Mantra or other Instant skill. In PvP, its still has a drawback as if the Mesmer truly needs to dodge, the Channel skill goes into the interrupted CD and he is Crippled for 5 seconds. Thats not counting the fact the Mesmer is limited on what he can do, since its a Channel skill. Nor does it Break Stuns.
Just a simple “Mesmer needs to get there NOW” Utility.

YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?
- (Death, Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

(edited by MLieBennett.9031)

Design a skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

^I like. Not that I’d use them anyway. Well, I’m not sure.

I think Illusion of Haste should have atleast 25-40s CD though.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

(edited by Qelris.6901)

Design a skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: zeoli.3250

zeoli.3250

Well, random ideas.

Mantra of Recall
Elite Mantra skill. Cost 30 skill points. Cool down: 210 seconds
Meditate, charging a spell that recharges all other skills and charges other mantras.
“Echo, Recollection, Déjà vu.”

This is cool.

Another Elite Mantra could be
using 1 charge of the mantra would give you 2 secs of quickness
this allows you to charge mantras in 2secs or complete other tasks faster.
dont know what to call it.

It would be nice to see the mantras have a trait that reduces the charge time of them by 25% making it a 3 sec charge.

another skill,
Refeshing Signet
Active effect: Swap places with the illusion furthest away.
Passive effect: If a illusion dies due to target dying, they heal the mesmer for X (thinking 300 at max lvl with no +healing).
CD: 50 secs

Design a skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

Recurring Insecurity:
Create a phantasm that deals confusion and bleeding. The phantasm recreates itself 5 times if killed/destroyed within 20 seconds.
3-5 stacks of bleeding
3-4 stacks of confusion
Attacks every 5.5 seconds.
Elite skill
60 seconds
Was thinking of bringing a “hex” phantasm and is based on the mesmer skill in the original Guild Wars .

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

(edited by LumAnth.5124)

Design a skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Echo
Elite, 180s CD, instant cast
Your next ability with a cooldown greater than 20 seconds used after Echo will replace Echo with another version of that ability. The cooldown begins immediately, but the copied ability only lasts until Echo’s CD expires.

In other words I can press Echo, use Feedback, then Feedback will go on CD but another Feedback replaces Echo, ready to use, and stays there for 180s (at that point it would flip back to a usable Echo, compare Portal Entre -> Exeunt).

Shattered Memories
Utility, 45s CD, second tier
Next ability used by the target incurs 50% more cooldown or 5 seconds, whichever is longer. Elite skills are partially resistive to this effect, and will only cool down 25% longer.

Phantasmal Skirmisher
Utility, first tier, 45s CD
Summons a Phantasm against your target which will repeatedly withdraw and then harass your enemy with arrows. If the target is not within 750 units of the Phantasm, the arrows cause Cripple.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.