Did phantasmal zerker get fixed this patch?

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

I will redo my previous test tonight. If this has become a floater problem, I will know, and if this is truly a hitting problem as I suspect, I will know that as well.

Hey there Pyro! I just tested it in sPvP with guildmates (individually) as they can see how many times it hits and how hard in their combat tab. IT IS A HITTING PROBLEM. I will record it myself too and post the video after class.

Good to know. I’ll probably run a test myself just for the sake of redundancy, and I hope that Jon Peters is still hovering around this thread somewhere to see this information.

Video (sorry forgot to unmute sound): iZerker bug

Number of hits:

And that’s vs a static target…

Tool tip states it should be a total of 4 hits this means we are essentially suffering from a flat 25% damage reduc at least since none of these hits were the stated 4 per attack… That’s a big deal for this weapon

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

We are missing the floater and also whirl hits. IMO, we miss hits and we do not miss floaters.

Problem is, iZerker damage is greater at the 3 and 4 whirl rotation. We’re missing way more than a 25 % damage reduction. More like closer to 50 %. (It increases in damage like iDuelist and iWarden).

(edited by Krispera.5087)

in Mesmer

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

50 percent damage reduction.. sounds like thier nerf style.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

We are missing the floater and also whirl hits. IMO, we miss hits and we do not miss floaters.

Problem is, iZerker damage is greater at the 3 and 4 whirl rotation. We’re missing way more than a 25 % damage reduction. More like closer to 50 %. (It increases in damage like iDuelist and iWarden).

No, that’s just how multihit skills display. They show a running total of damage inflicted.

in Mesmer

zaxon.6819

yes. the display for multi hit is additive. unless its something like scepter beam which is too slow to add(maybe there is another reason for this.. but i dont think it adds)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

This skill is in fact doing full damage in our testing. The bug seems to be damage floater related where not all floaters appear on this skill.

Jon

This might be easier for players to see if Phantasms would appear in our damage logs.

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

This skill is in fact doing full damage in our testing. The bug seems to be damage floater related where not all floaters appear on this skill.

Jon

This might be easier for players to see if Phantasms would appear in our damage logs.

^this has been needing to happen for awhile

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

iZerker is missing, it’s not a “floating numbers” problem.

in Mesmer

zaxon.6819

its missing + may also have flat damage reduction per hit + may have floater issue on top of all that. the floater issue sounds like bs though.

so im really doing 6k damage but its telling me i am doing 1k damage thanks for clearing that up…..

in Mesmer

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

thanks to all the people that did some test, for a game developer to come on here to make a statement that has proven to not have much testing behind it is pretty unprofessional.

I am going to have side with some of the conspiracy theory of Anet wants people to play less Mesmer, and make people choose other classes instead.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sugyn.2491

Sugyn.2491

Guess I may play less Mesmer by just not playing!

in Mesmer

zaxon.6819

i only play the forums right now until these problems are fixxed. or they come back and say that the video that was posted is working as intended and izerker should be doing 300 damage.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

If they (intentionally) nerfed him, they should just say it.
It would be the only way to give us back our ability for further decisions. What we want to do with their statement, what we want to do with our mesmers.. and IF we want to do anything at all.
They can’t just simply take us for an idiot. We are no children where they can take off the decision we should have to make.
(I am sorry, I just can’t translate exactly what I want to express.. in my native language I would have said it in ~ 1 or 2 sentence(s).)

I really hope it is just a misunderstanding and that this – what they have seen on their servers/ screens – was only perceived and with a little help from us they will be enlightened soon.

(edited by Navi.7142)

in Mesmer

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

Previous

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

Next

The 4 hits do not always happen if the IZerker is far away from the target it might only get 1 strike in because the animation generates 4 attacks. Saying it only hit a static target 3 times doesn’t really tell the whole story. Hundred blades or whirrlwind on great sword are similar. Each attack has a size and facing and timing and those things determine if a hit occurs.

in Mesmer

zaxon.6819

so what you are saying is izerker is exactly the same as it was pre patch.. but everyone disagrees. k

also you are saying that when attacking a target who is not moving our izkerer cant hit it more then once.

so are you saying that it is programmed to miss …. or there is a floater issue or both.. or just throwing answers at us?

is this the same way warriors work? standing still = invuln?>

(edited by zaxon.6819)

in Mesmer

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

The 4 hits do not always happen if the IZerker is far away from the target it might only get 1 strike in because the animation generates 4 attacks. Saying it only hit a static target 3 times doesn’t really tell the whole story. Hundred blades or whirrlwind on great sword are similar. Each attack has a size and facing and timing and those things determine if a hit occurs.

except the phantasm always spawns in melee range, so the max distance the target can travel from being in melee range is the .25s delay of the phantasm’s attack, excluding the target blinking or using some other movement skill.

this means attacks against a stationary target should always hit 4 times, which has been the case before the this bug appeared.

why can’t you just fix this issue by copying the code used for whirlwind attack from warriors? that skill reliably hits 4 times if you start within melee range.

in Mesmer

zaxon.6819

maybe it works like confusion .. confusion only hurts people who use abilities.. and izerker only hurts people that move.

in Mesmer

Tricare.2946

If the iZerker doesn’t hit 4 times on a static target there’s something wrong. If any ability doesn’t hit for it’s full potential on a static target, when it’s meant to, that ability is broken.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Undertow.2389

Undertow.2389

If any ability doesn’t hit for it’s full potential on a static target, when it’s meant to, that ability is broken.

He just said it’s not “meant to.”

The berserker itself travels as it attacks. 4 attacks are spread out over the distance. Not all 4 of them are going to always be in range of a stationary target.

It’s completely identical to warrior greatsword whirlwind, where you do A LOT more damage if you stay right next to them for the entire animation. Such as if the warrior is crippled/chilled or immobilized, the attack barely moves and thus gets more hits. Same with if the target is next to a wall, and you whirlwind into the wall so you don’t move.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Then why did it change after the 26th of February patch hit???
Why do we see a difference (which is not perceived!!) ??

Shouldn’t it then has been always like that?

And why did they say at first it is a bug and now they do not see anything wrong with the damage?
But we see and experience it since the 26th…

(edited by Navi.7142)

in Mesmer

Tricare.2946

If any ability doesn’t hit for it’s full potential on a static target, when it’s meant to, that ability is broken.

The berserker itself travels as it attacks. 4 attacks are spread out over the distance. Not all 4 of them are going to always be in range of a stationary target.

It’s completely identical to warrior greatsword whirlwind, where you do A LOT more damage if you stay right next to them for the entire animation. Such as if the warrior is crippled/chilled or immobilized, the attack barely moves and thus gets more hits. Same with if the target is next to a wall, and you whirlwind into the wall so you don’t move.

The iZerker should hit 4 times when summoned on a static target, period.

in Mesmer

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

“Whirlwind Attack will hit 1-4 times depending on the distance between the user and the enemy. Starting in melee range usually results in 4 hits, while reaching the target at the end of the attack results in 1. "

which agrees with my observations of whirlwind, and the phantasm attacks before this bug.

the attacks are front loaded, it’s not evenly spaced out across the entire length of the spin.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sunreva.8714

Sunreva.8714

But on a stationary non-evading target, shouldn’t the results be the same across multiple passes with the whirling attack?

Instead, we appear to be seeing hit/miss ratios that are almost occur in random fashion:

For example:
1 hit
3 hits
1 hit
2 hits
4 hits
1 hit

Something is wrong here. The range of damage should not be this random, because then it severely limits the usefulness of the weapon in combat (especially pvp) because you can’t rely on this as a primary source of attack to work when needed.

I mentioned it in my thread in the bugs forum, but wouldn’t a simple fix for this be to simply make the whirling action count as one single numerical attack? In other words, there’s still a whirling action (but if the target isn’t within this path, then its doesn’t get it) and the ability can still be avoided via blinds/evades. But when it does hit, there isn’t a worry of random & inconsistent damage.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Trick Doll.7923

Trick Doll.7923

What about the missing finisher? There is obviously something wrong there.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Thanks for the update Jon, but I would urge you to check up on the iZerker again as multiple people have confirmed that something went wrong with it after the 26th of february patch.

So I would really appreciate it if you could check it out again because there’s definitely something not working as intended. And even if this behaviour was intentional (like with the Ranger SB ‘animation fix’) we would also appreciate it if you just come out and tell us instead of making stuff up as your customers are going to find out anyway (like with the Ranger SB ‘animation fix’).

Thanks!

(Or, give Mesmers a Mainhand Pistol and I’ll be too happy to complain about anything)

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Mesmer

Posted by: leungclj.4915

leungclj.4915

putting my tin foil hat on…

in Mesmer

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

Previous

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

Next

Thanks for the update Jon, but I would urge you to check up on the iZerker again as multiple people have confirmed that something went wrong with it after the 26th of february patch.

So I would really appreciate it if you could check it out again because there’s definitely something not working as intended. And even if this behaviour was intentional (like with the Ranger SB ‘animation fix’) we would also appreciate it if you just come out and tell us instead of making stuff up as your customers are going to find out anyway (like with the Ranger SB ‘animation fix’).

Thanks!

(Or, give Mesmers a Mainhand Pistol and I’ll be too happy to complain about anything)

As far as we know something did go wrong. We can’t reliably get it to display all of he damage floaters, but we have tried to test if the damage is lower or it just doesn’t hit and we have never seen that error I our debug setup which shows attack areas. I may try and make a bad pic tomorrow to show what I mean.

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

Thanks!

As far as we know something did go wrong. We can’t reliably get it to display all of he damage floaters, but we have tried to test if the damage is lower or it just doesn’t hit and we have never seen that error I our debug setup which shows attack areas. I may try and make a bad pic tomorrow to show what I mean.

Thanks Jon. This is more of a response on this issue than we have gotten in the past 2 months… Is there any reason that this skill would get bugged in a patch that addressed other weapons (Feb. 26th focused torch). If you guys can’t figure it out how long would it take to rework the skill entirely if necessary. :/

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Are you checking the debug data on the test or live server by the way; as it seems that sometimes things working fine on the test server may not work the same on the live server. So doing a cross-reference check of the data on both servers might provide a clue as to what might be causing this odd behaviour with the iZerker.

At any rate, I still would like to thank you for explaining the current situation and the effort at finding the cause of the issue. I appreciate it very much!

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Mesmer

Posted by: Trick Doll.7923

Trick Doll.7923

Thanks!

And what about the combo finisher? Earlier the team said that the removal of the combo finisher was unintentional.

You haven’t addressed the removal in any of your posts, only the missing damage.

(edited by Trick Doll.7923)

in Mesmer

zaxon.6819

Just do uus all a favoor and expand the radius of the whirl.

it is obviously either very small that it has trouble hitting things it is right on top of or its very broken that it just isnt working as intended. increasing the radius of a small skill may give us more of a chance to land the intended hits. they are hits we are intended to land so it would not be op.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ofek.1743

Ofek.1743

As a poster mentioned, my video does in fact show the floater bug Mr. Peters touched on too I just realized at 1:16. Thus, there is a hitting bug AND a floater bug, with the former being the much more critical one obviously.

in Mesmer

Posted by: leungclj.4915

leungclj.4915

Thanks!

let me fix that for you

when
(
iZerk.Hit = 1
Target.Health = Target.Current.Health – iZerk.Dmg
Dmg.Floater = iZerk.Dmg
)

evil face >:D

in Mesmer

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

Suppose I’ll just have to sell my greatswords!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

And what about the combo finisher? Earlier the team said that the removal of the combo finisher was unintentional.

You haven’t addressed the removal in any of your posts, only the missing damage.

As I’ve tested the combo finisher yesterday, iZerker and iWarden still have it. The tooltip doesn’t mention it, but both create whirling projectiles.
I only tested if they actually work and not the detailed mecanics:

iWarden’s combo floater lasts like 0.2s (instead of ~0.9s); shot multiple projectiles; most likely less than 12 (more like 6)
iZerker’s combo floater lasted for the original duration; I saw only a single projectile.

@topic
Mesmer has enough easily fixable bugs (as I think), yet we’re stuck living with them. iZerker is nothing different. Sure I’d like it to deal more damage (lol), but I don’t ditch the GS because of the iZerker.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Jon

Wow this is pretty much the perfect answer to cover the izerker nerf or leave it it broken.

You use the skill on a target with a full zerker gear, see it hit ONCE for 850 damage, cripple target for 2sec, enemy health barely decreased at all and its floaters? Yes must be floater…………………………………

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

(edited by Nuka Cola.8520)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

That’s the fault of the added 0.5sec before izerker attacks. If it wasn’t added he wouldn’t be missing what he’s supposed to hit. Before the whole LOS nerf no matter what target was doing (excluding evades of course) izerker hit hard ALWAYS. Now he has a hard time hitting a stationary dummy!@

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

(edited by Nuka Cola.8520)

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

As you can see in the screen I have 3,600+ power (a lot) 46% Crit chance with Phantasmal Fury it makes it 66%. My sigils of bloodlust are maxed out… And this target was stationary upon spawning of the zerker… So you are going to tell me that phantasmal berserker is going to hit for less than one bounce from mirror blade (2,900 damage in this build). What about those of us that were going for legendarys for a GS… Why were we going for it because GS WAS a great weapon… this skill hit for 6k regularly regardless of whether the target was moving or static the only way it would miss is if it was EVADE that’s it… So all that gold and time I spent going for my legendary is currently a waste because there is no point in going for a weapon that takes a lot of time and gold to get… But performs like garbage… Max distance the AA hits for more than this freaking skill… How is that even acceptable?

Attachments:

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

As you can see in the screen I have 3,600+ power (a lot) 46% Crit chance with Phantasmal Fury it makes it 66%. My sigils of bloodlust are maxed out… And this target was stationary upon spawning of the zerker… So you are going to tell me that phantasmal berserker is going to hit for less than one bounce from mirror blade (2,900 damage in this build). What about those of us that were going for legendarys for a GS… Why were we going for it because GS WAS a great weapon… this skill hit for 6k regularly regardless of whether the target was moving or static the only way it would miss is if it was EVADE that’s it… So all that gold and time I spent going for my legendary is currently a waste because there is no point in going for a weapon that takes a lot of time and gold to get… But performs like garbage… Max distance the AA hits for more than this freaking skill… How is that even acceptable?

That’s just ridiculous. You can get better damage out of Spatial Surge.

Right and its no small task for a Mesmer to get over 3500 power…

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Thanks!

Thank you for your time and effort. We’re all eagerly awaiting your response to this issue

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Mesmer

Posted by: velestra.9415

velestra.9415

its not working as intented fact.

serious its nice that u look into it, but i wonder why u first say its only floaters while different people report its not, then minutes later u say it might be bugged.

its bugged since ages and was bugged 2 times already, everytime the fix took so long which basicly makes this spell total broken and the the 2 hand sword spec lacks serious dmg. a melee pet not in range?

i wonder what the testdepartment is doing and why there is no propper testing and players gotta sumbit screenshots to show its broken

got no screens since im not used to take screens to show gamedevelopers how their spells change after patches.

i play mesmer 2 hand sword long enough to see their was a flat damagereduction after 26/02/2013 patch roughly 30-40%

sad face here i want my bersi back as it was thx

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Hundred blades or whirrlwind on great sword are similar. Each attack has a size and facing and timing and those things determine if a hit occurs.

Except you can hardly control facing and path of a phantasm. Mesmers have to rely on pure randomness in many cases (I’d like to say chaos as that would at least match the class description, but that doesn’t really cut it.).

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Mesmer

zaxon.6819

ya. the “all you guys are just crazy” thing isn’t flying as an answer. I can see how effective the gs was compared to how it was before and it is not a placebo effect.

from the video test there was 1 floater error?

none of my izerker attacks are hitting like they were pre patch. the change is so drastic that it isn’t just “all in our heads.”

I zerker pre patch would take chunks out of peoples healths now it is only useable as a snare. most of the time the zerker only takes a chip out of health.

before patch izerker was our strongest phantasm. post patch due to “placebo” it is unplayable. not buying it.

in Mesmer

zaxon.6819

if you need help on how to fix the issue I have a hint ( it happened during the torch patch) .. ur welcome.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Acelerion.6820

Acelerion.6820

There is starting to be a very noticible pattern of devs posting wrong info with regards to these types of things. It really takes 30 seconds to test if its a floater issue.

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief
http://www.youtube.com/user/Axcelerion?feature=watch – Small group videos

in Mesmer

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

Let’s not be rude, or Jon won’t come back :p

in Mesmer

Posted by: Boottspurr.9184

Boottspurr.9184

Oh, could you also look into Warrior’s sword burst “Flurry” along those lines as well? It never shows all the damage floaters and I’m not sure if it ever does full damage…

Boottspurr from World of Enders [WoE]

in Mesmer

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Let’s not be rude, or Jon won’t come back :p

What do we have to lose? More nerfs for an iconic class that’s unique to the Guild Wars franchise?

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Hey guys, how about we don’t accuse the developer of lying? It’s aweful rude and not exactly encouraging to them when they post like this for us.

I do agree that something should be done to make the Berzerker do multiple hits more reliably though. The only Phantasm changes I can really think of are the line of sight changes for summoning them though, but I’m not sure how that would affect it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: rootnode.9546

rootnode.9546

Thanks!

Judging by the sheer amount of bugs and mini-patches few hours after a patch hits, I’d say that there’s something horribly wrong with your debugging and testing setup….
There are so many bugs that would be so easy to fix…

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside