Dire Set Armor + Runes of Perplexity…

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Dire Perplexity Tank+Cond Mesmer!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Overlord.7394

Overlord.7394

Really.. no probably not. PRECISION IS A MUST

My name is Remy. I’m a proud member of Lion Knights. Defender of Borlis Pass.
80s: Mesmer, Engineer, Guardian.
In progress: Warrior 52.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deathcon.5903

Deathcon.5903

Maybe some day, and I am definitely going to try do make one. The main problem with Dire armor though is without precision we cannot reliably dish out bleeds (through Sharper Images) however this dos not mean a Tank/Interrupt oriented Mesmer couldn’t do well. We will just have to see.

in Mesmer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Well I actually just put this gear through the updated calculator
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/mesmer/?4.0|6.5q.a1s|0.0.0.0.0.0|1q.71p.1q.71p.1q.71p.1q.71p.1q.71p.1q.71p|2w.0.2w.0.3w.0.2w.0.3w.0.2w.0|k00.k00.u000.0.0|0.0|0.0.0.0.0|e

At 31.4% critical chance, with phantasmal fury those phantams can still apply bleeds reliably, while clones still have a 1/3 chance to apply a bleed, plus the additional conditions staff clones apply if you use a staff. coupled with 18.8K HP and 2884 armor, it should be quite tanky.

This is with dire weapons/armor/perplexity runes and full rabid trinkets. Looks like my 600 CoE tokens will go towards armor if the mesmer community deems this build viable.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I find that I react quick enough to get by with toughness provided by rabid so I’m going to stick with that.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

This is with dire weapons/armor/perplexity runes and full rabid trinkets. Looks like my 600 CoE tokens will go towards armor if the mesmer community deems this build viable.

Any build is viable, question is if it is good, heh. How much bleed can you stack?

When I tried something similar (and assumed some more health from rabid) it was awfull compared to the phantasm oriented mantra build I run at the moment. Like shooting blanks, I had zero pressure and not enough survivability, it needed more. The regular build has almost twice the power, more crit chance and 3x crit damage… and of couse the same toughness and more vitality. Needless to say, its noticable

Bleh, probably going to get some gear for it anyway. Might just be poor at conditons. My necro is a condition god in comparison… at level 40 :s

in Mesmer

Posted by: ForAce.1943

ForAce.1943

Rune not available in PvP :/

http://www.gw2info.pl – All informations about Guild Wars 2 in one place. In polish.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qiko.2461

Qiko.2461

So which vendor sells dire? or is it crafted?

Thanks!

Edit:

Hmm, so far found one vendor “Crucible of Eternity” dungeon . The last set on the bottom of the list.

Dire Armor and weapons.

Mesmer – HoD server

(edited by Qiko.2461)

in Mesmer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Any build is viable, question is if it is good, heh. How much bleed can you stack?

When I tried something similar (and assumed some more health from rabid) it was awfull compared to the phantasm oriented mantra build I run at the moment. Like shooting blanks, I had zero pressure and not enough survivability, it needed more. The regular build has almost twice the power, more crit chance and 3x crit damage… and of couse the same toughness and more vitality. Needless to say, its noticable

Bleh, probably going to get some gear for it anyway. Might just be poor at conditons. My necro is a condition god in comparison… at level 40 :s

well, based on the gear I already have, I can slot in rabid weapons, a rabid chestpiece, and the same rabid trinkets and dire rest of for the armor, and it nets me 41% and 16.7K HP, so not a huge difference for this compromise in stats..

Dire gear probably shines the most in condition builds that don’t go 20 in dueling, which imo really hurts our ability to stack bleeds. I mean we can pick up more health/scepter CD in inspiration or illusionary elasticity in illusions, but without the extra bleed pressure from clones/phantasms, I doubt that such a build would be all that strong.. maybe very tanky, but with a lot less killing power.

I’m glad you found a mantra-phantasm build you like but that type of build is completely different from a condition build, so the fact that you would even bring it up isn’t all that relevant to the discussion. And yeah I used to main necro lol, but it felt to easy to play so its rotting away as my 100% map complete char.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qiko.2461

Qiko.2461

Trinkets might be available from “Temple of Melandru” but I cannot confirm. It is not open on my server.

Mesmer – HoD server

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

In WvW, I find that my clones frequently get insta-gibbed, and they don’t end up stacking bleeds much at all. I’ve ended up sacrificing the dueling line for Dom, for Condi duration (looking for two second burns with the staff). For my build, the Dire set will be great – extra Vit is always welcome, and I’m only sacrificing the precision from rabid, something I don’t think I’ll miss much.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

The only problem with going full dire is the fact that sharpened images is a lot less useful than it would be with full rabid. However, if you made a condi spec without that trait, It would be much better. I have seen some condis builds do fine without 15/20 in dueling.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hexxen.7216

Hexxen.7216

I want to use Dire so bad but my build needs healing power as well ><