Discuss our Oct 22nd changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Archaeneoso.8461

Archaeneoso.8461

We got a few changes with todays Halloween Patch:

Mesmer
•Arcane Thievery: This skill now appropriately removes the aegis boon rather than being blocked by it.
•Confusing Images: This skill has been updated to fire at its correct distance.
•Cry of Frustration: This skill’s tooltip now accurately shows that confusion it applies lasts for 3 seconds.
•Mirror of Anguish: This trait no longer functions on necromancers when they have Reaper’s Protection active.
•Phantasmal Warlock: This illusion’s recharge between attacks is now slightly longer.
•Phase Retreat: This skill should no longer teleport players into geometry or other places they shouldn’t be getting into.
•Scepter Skills: Projectile skills for the scepter have had their velocity increased by 33%.

in Mesmer

Posted by: bwuki.2175

bwuki.2175

and yet again a staff nerf… scepter focus time!

Brotherhood of the Butterfly
Voted “most likely to die/fail” by peers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

What do they mean by “slightly longer?”

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Mesmer

Posted by: Somna.5168

Somna.5168

Think we’ll be seeing Scepter machine guns now?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rhialto.8423

Rhialto.8423

Warlock does kind of stink… but I’m relying mostly on conditions, boons, and bleeds so hopefully it won’t hurt too badly.

in Mesmer

Posted by: lemyxienn.2057

lemyxienn.2057

Ughhhhhhh. The warlock’s attack already feels slow as hell

in Mesmer

Posted by: drake.2135

drake.2135

It’s the same skill activation time, just the speed of the projectiles is faster.

“The beginning is the beginning. The end is also the beginning.”
~Drake from Blackgate

in Mesmer

Posted by: zexion.5842

zexion.5842

Scepter is still trash and they nerfed warlock. No bug fixes

great….

in Mesmer

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

It’s the same skill activation time, just the speed of the projectiles is faster.

The activation time was based off when the projectiles hit.. so they are the same thing. Still don’t think scepter will be any good, but I’ll have to try it out again.

in Mesmer

Posted by: thudcrash.3065

thudcrash.3065

The i warlock had an attack?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sollanon.8450

Sollanon.8450

A few bug fixes, a small nerf to iWarlock and just a small update to scepter’s #1. It doesn’t change the attack speed, it just makes the projectile fly faster.

in Mesmer

Posted by: thudcrash.3065

thudcrash.3065

In all seriousness. “Balancing” before you correct broken mechanics is kind of counter productive..

in Mesmer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

Scepter absolutely feels faster.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Mesmer

alanis.6094

The increase in iWarlock is not noticeable at all to me.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>

in Mesmer

Posted by: pyronix.4081

pyronix.4081

I used scepter a lot and this is actually a bug fix that’s a nerf:

It used to be that you can open up with confusing images on mobs at ~1200 distance.

So again, mostly nerfs for Mesmers and no bug fixes. Hurrah! I don’t know if I should be glad that I stopped playing this class, or disappointed because ANet has no kittening idea how to balance Mesmers for PvE.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Coolstorybrah.6210

Coolstorybrah.6210

They increased recharge to 7.2s which decreases it’s overall damage by close to 25%. Significant nerf imo.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

I don’t know if I should be glad that I stopped playing this class, or disappointed because ANet has no kittening idea how to balance Mesmers for PvE.

Eventually they will just give up and toss us an OP skill like Panic and all will be well.

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Mesmer

Posted by: Detritus.5863

Detritus.5863

Dunno where some of you are getting “no bug fixes” from, but if they managed to fix Phase Retreat, that is huge. That was the biggest annoyance for me when playing my mesmer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

Im glad with these changes, with all the QQ about mesmers I was afraid Arenanet was going to cater to the baddie’s complaints and nerf us

in Mesmer

Posted by: MeveM.7913

MeveM.7913

Why the bloody Staff nerfs? We already do rubbish damage why take it even further?

in Mesmer

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

If they are going to split guardian skills into Pvp and PvE version, perhaps they should do the same for mesmer. Nerfing the Mesmer Staff DPS, in Pve? Why? Just… why….. -_________-

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Mesmer

Posted by: LaronX.8079

LaronX.8079

Let’s see thievery: It still fails to get us all boons.

Confusing Images: Nice change make it a bit more usable.

CoF : QoL buff nice

MoA: I didn’t even know it does that

I warlock: they should just limit it to two warlocks at the same time instead of meeting it over and over. I can see why they did it but it is getting silly.

Phase Retreat: YES!!!!! Now I can walk and blink the way I want.

Sceptre: Haven’t tested this yet but every buff for that thing is good.

Blub.

(edited by LaronX.8079)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kayla.2498

Kayla.2498

•Phase Retreat: This skill should no longer teleport players into geometry or other places they shouldn’t be getting into.

This change alone makes me glad, that I no longer see myself in strange corners or underneath an imaginary wall / floor

Kyzrael / Vyzrael – Mesmer / Guardian
Crimson Sky [Sky] Stormbluff Isle
www.crimsonskygw2.com

in Mesmer

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

is it me or is staff auto attack flying faster now? im sure it is or my eyes are messed up

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iviom.9743

Iviom.9743

Where fixes for Phantasm retaliation, healing and fury?!

80 Human Mesmer – Blacktide [Xaoc]

in Mesmer

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

I used scepter a lot and this is actually a bug fix that’s a nerf:

It used to be that you can open up with confusing images on mobs at ~1200 distance.

So again, mostly nerfs for Mesmers and no bug fixes. Hurrah! I don’t know if I should be glad that I stopped playing this class, or disappointed because ANet has no kittening idea how to balance Mesmers for PvE.

Surprised? I’m not. Mesmer will get slowly nerfed, bit by bit. And other professions will get buffed (which is why I’m leveling my ele – massive buff to downed state there, ele downed state already does tons of damage). I won’t be surprised if other professions will start getting abilities that ignore evasion.

The condition damage portion of the class is laughable and so is PvE capability (regardless of what the trolls on this board say). All mesmer is good for is duels and people complain about mesmer being hard to kill 1v1. If you remove that, the class has nothing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

Why the bloody Staff nerfs? We already do rubbish damage why take it even further?

Because people (except thieves) have hard time killing mesmers 1v1 in spvp.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iviom.9743

Iviom.9743

Because people (except thieves) have hard time killing mesmers 1v1 in spvp.

And where is in GW2 1v1 battles? It’s very rare situation even in spvp.

80 Human Mesmer – Blacktide [Xaoc]

in Mesmer

Posted by: nidwin.6731

nidwin.6731

@ManCaptain
Is it really needed to call people that don’t agree with you, trolls mate?

Mesmer is a very good and classy toon in a lot more situations than only in duels.

The nerf on i Warlock wasn’t needed as it’s again a dps nerf on the staff without getting something in return.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

Someone gone jelly about our glorious all-mighty 12000-14000-critting warlocks stacked on champions. :P

Any tournaments.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mystiq Angelic.8193

Mystiq Angelic.8193

Another week of disappointment. The nerf to Warlock was really unnecessary in terms of PvE. If the devs were so focus on balancing PvP, they should have split PvP/PvE skills. Warlock now will most likely only get its first shot off before it’s killed. Signet of Illusions is still not fixed, so that illusions are correctly granted health bonus without delay. Various other traits still yet to be fixed and significant nerfs from last week and this week. The decreased recharge (buff) to Chaos armor was an unnecessary tradeoff for increased recharge (nerf) to Chaos storm. The 5 sec delay to chaos storm really hinders the skill rotation timing and it’s a devastating difference between life and death at times. It’s an overall decrease in our effectiveness in PvE, especially during group DEs.

There are nerfs that I don’t think are justified, except the proper fix (nerf) to phantasmal warden’s recharge time (attack rate). I’d really love to see more traits/skills get fixed and less nerfs, please. I still believe that Mesmer has a lot of room for improvements since the beta, and I really hope the devs get it right.

“If you sacrifice nothing, you gain nothing”
GWAMM & CotG
[HERO] – Star Leader – Black Gate

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

So guardian gets a PvE/PvP split but not Mesmer? What?

This change alone makes me glad, that I no longer see myself in strange corners or underneath an imaginary wall / floor

Except the weapon isn’t worth using anymore after the last two patches.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Why do i get a sneaking suspicion the devs at arenanet quietly participate in sPvP and are on board with everyone else in screaming “OMG NERF MESMER”

Because… it’s the only logical explanation for their patch behaviour.

HOW ABOUT SOME FIXES NEXT PATCH? – too much to ask?

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Mesmer

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

Well, as nice as Phase Retreat is to put some fire, chaos, or other armor on you, I’m probably going to GS or try out scepter/sword now.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Norax.2405

Norax.2405

Phase Retreat: This skill should no longer teleport players into geometry or other places they shouldn’t be getting into.

Teleportalia doors are close to us now

in Mesmer

Posted by: Garenthal.1480

Garenthal.1480

Is anyone really surprised after the revelation that Arena Net want to focus on making the PvP aspect of their game into an E-Sport? One of the consequences of not having the promised PvE/PvP split for abilities is going to be sweeping and erratic changes on a patch to patch basis.

in Mesmer

Posted by: prodigy.1023

prodigy.1023

There’s nothing to discuss anymore. Like I said before the class was outright killed by the 10/7 patch. And now they’re just kicking this already cold, rotting corpse.

PvE-wise mesmer was a joke even before 10/7. Now it’s not even funny. I still see mesmers trying to PvE sometimes and it’s just sad. They spend like 30 sec on every mob. Even on my thief I kill stuff faster.

My mesmer’s story ended on 07-Oct-2012.

(edited by prodigy.1023)

in Mesmer

alanis.6094

iWarlock nerf is not at all noticeable for me. The scepter attack appears to be improved and I feel better using it in WvW.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

That’s good. In my testing last week, the iWarlock was firing slightly faster than I expected compared to what it did back at release. I was pretty surprised (it was firing just a little slower than iS, rather than at the original iD rate).

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in Mesmer

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Not sure why they changed the warlock attack time it was already pretty slow coupled with it being 1 shotted by pretty much anything made it only useful in certain situattions such as boss fights that didn’t target a specific area

Someone gone jelly about our glorious all-mighty 12000-14000-critting warlocks stacked on champions. :P

Any tournaments.

What build do you use to get locks to crit that high berserker gea with stacked fury?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Teknobug.3782

Teknobug.3782

The Warlock was already slow to begin with (6 second delay between attacks?). With the staff I use shatters more than illusions, but I mainly use scepter/focus which works like a dream on mobs in the Orr.

Why are they not addressing issues like the portal which is getting heavily abused in pvp.

Yak’s Bend WvWvW’er [Mount Phoenix Imperials]
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 ram | Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB (14.2)
Win 8 Pro 64bit

in Mesmer

Posted by: Teknobug.3782

Teknobug.3782

There’s nothing to discuss anymore. Like I said before the class was outright killed by the 10/7 patch. And now they’re just kicking this already cold, rotting corpse.

PvE-wise mesmer was a joke even before 10/7. Now it’s not even funny. I still see mesmers trying to PvE sometimes and it’s just sad. They spend like 30 sec on every mob. Even on my thief I kill stuff faster.

It’s pretty obvious you’re after burst damage, since the Oct 7 patch nerfed the berserker and such so that must be the reason why you retired it, does things have to die fast for you?

Yak’s Bend WvWvW’er [Mount Phoenix Imperials]
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 ram | Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB (14.2)
Win 8 Pro 64bit

in Mesmer

Posted by: Anela.3867

Anela.3867

It is very obvious they should separate the pvp abilities from the pve abilities. I don’t and never will participate in pvp so please don’t kill my beloved Mesmer because of something I will never do.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

Teleportalia doors are close to us now

Don’t worry! The doors will open for those, who wield swords in their main hand.

The only problem we have in pve is any zerged event. Single target damage is fine.
(and if you see mesmer who wastes 30 seconds to kill mob, this mesmer is either undergeared, sleepy, wrong builded)

What build do you use to get locks to crit that high berserker gea with stacked fury?

I’m running full berserker and legion-like build. Find champion with high count of conditions and little to no aoe(like that abomination in the end of plinx chain) and watch huge numbers. Not so huge numbers in the long run now, I guess, but you’ll never know since we don’t have dps meters.

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

The Warlock was already slow to begin with (6 second delay between attacks?).

When I tested it a week ago or so it seemed shorter than that — around 5 seconds.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Voodoo Tina.4180

Voodoo Tina.4180

Four bug fixes, a tooltip correction, a buff, and a nerf.

I logged in to play a little. The warlock change will reduce our damage on specific boss fights, but won’t change anything in those fights other than to make them last a little longer. It makes no noticeable difference in general pve – mobs are dead before you miss a warlock attack. The damage happens maybe a second later, but it still happens. And then you shatter it anyways.

in Mesmer

Posted by: isomache.1203

isomache.1203

They really need to fix the torch, specifically iMage.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leold.7201

Leold.7201

I’m glad they didn’t nerf us too hard, and happy to see that they are at least willing to consider separate PvE/PvP skill changes, even if it isn’t for Mesmer yet it gives me hope that they might do so in the future rather than just hurt PvE even further.

But really, would it kill them to fix some of our many bugged traits?! They’ve been documented forever but it’s like they’re hesitant to make any positive changes to Mesmer, even fixing bugs, because it might shift the balance again. The answer isn’t to just let them stay broken though, I don’t see how that’s right when players are assuming these traits do what they say they do, yet they might not provide any benefit at all or a hidden disadvantage in reality.

Still giving my Mesmer a break for a while to play other characters until the class is sorted out more and some traits get fixed. Though, when I do play Mesmer again, maybe I should switch from staff/sword+focus to greatsword/sword+focus, as it looks to be immune to nerfs in comparison to the staff.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Archaeneoso.8461

Archaeneoso.8461

People keep complaining about AOE in DE’s

Its easy, drop GS 4 into the pack, that tags a ton, GS 5 tags a ton, Staff 5 tags a ton, and the reflective bubble can tag a ton.

Yes, not as easy as other classes, but we can put out some extreme AOE

in Mesmer

Posted by: RuneValkyrie.3672

RuneValkyrie.3672

That’s hilarious, here i was thinking to myself what can they do to re-balance the staff after all the constant and unnecessary nerfs they keep doing to it, first they took 2 bounces away from WOC (one was enough), increased the Chaos Storm CD. I was thinking at least they can decrease Phantasm Warlock CD between attacks.