Disenchanter doesn't count for dailies

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

Not a big deal – I think this is actually more interesting because of what it says about the underlying mechanics.

Today there was a daily for condition removal. Since I’ve been using Illustionary Disenchanter as my condition removal for a while, I thought I would try it out.

After several tries where iDisenchanter clearly took a condition off me, I checked the daily progress. No progress was recorded under the condition removal category.

I assume it happens this way because the Disenchanter gets credit for the removal (versus my character). So this may be interesting from PvE agro calculation point of view.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aggresive Teapot.2314

Aggresive Teapot.2314

Probably the same logic with not getting credit for focus kills when your illusionary warden takes something out, and all other weapon kill achievements.

Leader of Quaggan Stole My [Bike] – Aurora Glade EU
http://quagganstolemybike.enjin.com

in Mesmer

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The situations with dailies like this and pets / minions seem a bit inconsistent.

I know turrets don’t get you any credit towards this type of daily (which makes my Engineer very sad). Based on this Phantasms don’t either.

I believe Ranger pets do, but I’d have to test it again to be sure.

Not sure if Guardian’s Spirit Bow does or not. I rarely run Spirit Bow even on my SW Guardian. Something I should keep in mind to test next time the daily shows up, though.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Freedan.1769

Freedan.1769

I believe the reason for summons not working is because they can’t tell who is getting the condition removed since iDisenchanter, turrets, etc. can benefit other players. As far as I know ranger pets can’t, just the ranger, and I believe it also works for guardian weapons, although not as sure on that.