"Disgusting Mesmer" Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Mesmer community, I need your help.

Long ago, way way back when we still ran the 5 trait system, I crafted a build that was absolutely disgusting. And by disgusting, I actually mean truly beautiful. And trollish. And OP. And probably doesn’t even exist anymore with the new setup but hey, no loss in asking for help in recreating it.

(So coined when I dueled my good friend, who can beat me 10 to 1 in pvp. But this build was so OP I somehow managed to kill him three times in a row. Hence, after showing him the build, he called it, “Absolutely disgusting”.)

However, with the new system, and my long haitus, I’ve forgotten how this build is supposed to be made. So I need your help, mesmer community, in figuring out the missing pieces and filling in the gaps.

1. This was strictly a condi-roaming build, and couldn’t really be used anywhere else. It was specifically designed as a counter for its time, which had the zerker meta.

2. It stacks confusion and torment like no tomorrow. To the point where moving/using a skill was a death sentence. (mostly intended to kill roaming thieves)

3. scepter/torch and staff. (Or was it scepter focus? Maybe scepter/sword..?) On the surface, it looked similar to a PU mesmer, but it did not run PU.

4. Dire armor with perplexity runes

5. Torment/energy sigils, giver/dire weapons

6. Rabid accessories

7. It used 4-5 different trait lines, so it may not be possible to duplicate it with the new system…

8. I think I used sigil of healing, along with other sigils. The traits linked distortion on sigils, and by that extent, reflect on distort. (longbow rangers, beware)

9. It was very pro-interrupt. Like bringing as many interrupting skills as possible.

10. One of its prime weaknesses was lack of condition removal. It had cleansing, but I do recall needing to be very cautious around other condi-roamers.

I loved this build so much, because it was really…crazy beautiful and disgustingly easy. And I was much too selfish to share it (Hey, everyone who heard it told me it was a loss cause and a stupid build. Then I turn around and down enemy roamers in 10 seconds. I didn’t want to share). But now that it’s probably lost for all time, I don’t mind too much in sharing it…especially since mesmer seems to be in a bad spot right now…

Soooo…yes! Help me recreate my Disgusting Mesmer build.

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Even in full dire with Chaos, direct damage in WvW is so high now that tanky condi 1vX Mesmer builds are very easy to kill with one simple CC led coordinated focus – it’s trivial now to overcome an enemy’s toughness/vitality. Necro auto-cast Signet of Spite will see you killing yourself if you have no cleanse. Competent Scrappers will laugh at your extremely easy to manage condi bursts. Revenants and Dragonhunters do huge damage that easily prevents you from kiting them out. Druids can now just leave any fight you try to put them in with a simple Quick Draw + Ancestral Grace. Daredevils can of course do the same and Escapist’s Absolution will see your condi burst almost completely removed if another player decides to blow a few cooldowns whilst the Daredevil evade spams to freedom (if alone stow weapon after bursting a Daredevil to set them deal with the stacks). Condi Mes performs admirably against Elementalists and killing Berserkers is depressingly trivial (which is the case no matter what you’re playing).

I don’t think “disgusting” Mes/Chrono builds exist anymore since the alacrity nerf. Perplexity runes just allows you to sort of be competitive alongside the condi efficiency of the other classes.

Gandara

in Mesmer

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Even in full dire with Chaos, direct damage in WvW is so high now that tanky condi 1vX Mesmer builds are very easy to kill with one simple CC led coordinated focus – it’s trivial now to overcome an enemy’s toughness/vitality. Necro auto-cast Signet of Spite will see you killing yourself if you have no cleanse. Competent Scrappers will laugh at your extremely easy to manage condi bursts. Revenants and Dragonhunters do huge damage that easily prevents you from kiting them out. Druids can now just leave any fight you try to put them in with a simple Quick Draw + Ancestral Grace. Daredevils can of course do the same and Escapist’s Absolution will see your condi burst almost completely removed if another player decides to blow a few cooldowns whilst the Daredevil evade spams to freedom (if alone stow weapon after bursting a Daredevil to set them deal with the stacks). Condi Mes performs admirably against Elementalists and killing Berserkers is depressingly trivial (which is the case no matter what you’re playing).

I don’t think “disgusting” Mes/Chrono builds exist anymore since the alacrity nerf. Perplexity runes just allows you to sort of be competitive alongside the condi efficiency of the other classes.

Oh they do, but they are most certainly not eagerly shared as no one wants them to become more common.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

This build was before chronomancer.

Meh, it’s probably a lost cause now…it did need points in more than just three traitlines. I just wanted to rediscover what the build exactly was. Maybe if I had access to an oldschool build editor, I’d remember which traits it used.

What’s the WvW roamer meta nowadays anyway? I’m finding more bunkers than zerkers.