Do you want the old mimic back?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

Q:

Its a kitten they buff ranger projectiles but take away mimic.
This is just a yes/no feedback (pardon the pun) to get anet to reverse the change.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Yes. Pretty sure everyone else will vote the same.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Reax.1806

Reax.1806

Yes, I want the old mimic back.

in Mesmer

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

Yes. Boon copying is too unreliable when you can’t copy your own team mates. And the reliable reflect on the old Mimic would be more than welcome now.

Second Child

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Yes. It was superior and more interesting.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mendax.9506

Mendax.9506

No. It was bad.
But it is bad in it’s current state too. There must be a 3rd solution.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

No. It was bad.
But it is bad in it’s current state too. There must be a 3rd solution.

Add Echo.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

Never used the original, won’t use the new one.

Doesn’t matter what you change it to.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in Mesmer

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

due to the ranger flare up, it’d be nice to have it back but in the long run no, i dont want it back.

I’d rather it be turned into the old mimic from Gw1 or at least be a Skill steal where you can randomly lock out an opponents skill (between 2-0) for 30s and gain the ability to use it once (echo). Might be OP but only OP when the RNG gods are in your favor.

hell just make it that and make it an elite skill, i’d use that over Moa or Mass bed wetting invisibility.

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

in Mesmer

Posted by: Serhend.6382

Serhend.6382

It can be changed into something else entirely.

Loving that echo suggestion^^

in Mesmer

Posted by: Doni.6095

Doni.6095

Yes, they turned a semi useful skill into a compete waste of a skill slot

in Mesmer

Posted by: unlucky.9285

unlucky.9285

yes.. they probably did it because of rangers lol…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Supertramp.5430

Supertramp.5430

Yes. I did some sPvP random yesterday and got very destroyed by a bunch of rangers and I didn’t have much to counter them with. I used mimic very rarely before the change, but now with the ranger changes I miss it. I don’t see why they couldn’t just have let it be and added a new skill with the new mimic mechanic instead.

Ah well. Not much to do about it. The new mimic is kinda nice though when you use it in coalition with SoI.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chris.4670

Chris.4670

Yes, give us the old mimic back.
it was a really great protection skill against everything when you use it right.

People who say it was bad just don’t know how it worked (like that one person that told me “absorbing one proectile every 25 seconds was just bad”).
For those who understood, this was not a bad skill, it was just not “supirior” enough to get into meta builds, but that doesn’t mean it was a bad skill. The echo was a nice addon too and it was fun to use.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

Yes.

I was using the old Mimic in some builds, the new one is fail by design in my eyes. And the sad part is that Anet probably thinks they totally made Mimic awesome now and won’t touch it anytime soon. As I said, I was using Mimic before (especially WvW), now there’s no reason for me to take it. Especially when I can slot Arcane Thievery instead.

Absolutely not happy with the change. It’s a boring skill now.
I won’t say the old one was perfect, but the current one is much worse.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

The old mimic was not use at all by players. Especially in Spvp or WvW cuz it’s just not an anoth interesting or viable skill. & the new just sucks kitten. Was fun to try. But in the end worthless in a Spvp or WvW. We need something new & majore. So i dont see why we should not ask for a totaly new ability instead. Cuz our sh!# is broken & feels heh! I had to return to my old PU build thinking were getting somthing new. But no, still the only 1 that can survive in pvp.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MSFone.3026

MSFone.3026

Is it a coincidence that they changed Mimic at the same time they brought on revenge of the LB ranger? I don’t think so…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Haha! I just got the joke! Rangers get super pew-pew, Mesmers lose one of their anti pew-pew which perfectly counters the new machinebow Ranger’s got. Oh, ANet, we see what you did there!
Though, I hope that isn’t the actual reason and perhaps we get a new mimic. This current mimic isn’t dual-purpose enough to be mesmer. Mesmer skills are almost always dual-purpose, in that there’s one way to use them, and a secondary way to use them such as the Illusionary Riposte with it’s high-damage block and its ranged daze projectile. If we, maybe, had Echo where we could either choose and delay when we get the boons copied or if we AoE share the boons, it might work.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MSFone.3026

MSFone.3026

Here’s another question: Is there anyone who would take the new Mimic over AT if they had to take one in their build right now?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shotz.5068

Shotz.5068

Give ele their old fgs back then since we are asking for changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

New version is basically Arcane Thievery lite. Boring and redundant.

Old version was of questionable use at times, but at least it was an interesting and unique attack (both in terms of Mesmer utilities and the game in general).

I love unique attacks. I never wanted it changed in the first place, and I obviously would like the old Mimic back. Wish they had buffed it while keeping a similar functionality rather than just gutting it and changing it to something else entirely.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shadowkiller.6725

Shadowkiller.6725

yes…why not just rename the current mimic to arcane thievery and give us back the old mimic, the mimic with that 4 sec of invul after inital hit…would be lovely now that clones benifit from IE…o yes pls…with sugar on top…we want the joy of catching mossman’s axe and one shot things…you devs so sneaky, ninja nerfing and calling it a new skill thinking it would add balance to the profession for the upcoming changings…you devs do not mesmer…it’s like youre trying to kill two birds with one stone…it’s not going to work…you must take baby steps with mesmers…it’s ok…the mesmer community will help…we take step together…do not be afraid of the purple butterflies…otherwise…you must ATONE for your sins against mesmers! the power of lyssa compels you….compels you all!

a lighter thief

in Mesmer

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

Its funny how it was a very situational skill before. And in the same patch that buff’d rangers, they changed the skill into something totally different. When now it might have gotten more play? (Wonder if ANet changed Mimic BECAUSE of the changes to Ranger???? hmmm)

So yes, they should of just reduced the cooldown on Arcane Thievery, and “tweaked” Mimic into something that made it easier to work with.

Just like the changes to scepter, its still clunky as it was before. Just hurts a little bit more is all.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

(edited by SlimChance.6593)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Thinking about the name, what if Mimic makes you look like the target for X seconds, 15 or so. In WvW or PvP, you get as nametag of their team. In PvE, monsters won’t aggro you until you aggro them first (of the type or specific mob you copied).

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blades of Sabatine.5639

Blades of Sabatine.5639

Here’s another question: Is there anyone who would take the new Mimic over AT if they had to take one in their build right now?

Answer to your question is a big fat NO NO. It is worse than AT. At list with AT, you send some funky conditions on you back at your fore.

On a different not but still relating to Mimic,

Definition of mimic in English Oxford Dictionary

Imitate (someone or their actions or words), especially in order to entertain or ridicule: I want to highlight the part action for a reason. I want a new mimic skill but this time make that it mimic the action of our fore.

New Mimic:
When cast, the next attack that hits your while under the effect of mimic, you create a clone that mimics the attacker skill back at them dealing 50% of the original damage.
Duration: 4sec
Cool down: 25 sec maybe (down 15 sec or returning 80% of the original damage with trait)

Trait: could be a Master or Grandmaster. As for which line that I leave it to the dev to think that though.

This is what mimic should have been.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Yes, unless there is a third option which is better than either of the two we’ve been given.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in Mesmer

Posted by: Indrea.7803

Indrea.7803

It’s kitteneless skill because we already have Arcane Thievery that do practically the same thing but in a better way.

I would like a Mimic and an Echo skills able to copy my team mate or adversary ability.