Does Chronomancer Sacrifice Glamours?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

It seemed in the stream Robert never used any glamour skills though he did talk about using a reflect against the bristleback. It would have seemed obvious that feedback would have rekt that mob but he didn’t use feedback, nor any other glamours.

Either mesmers are giving up glamours or mantras.. because they can still use illusion and phantasm utilities.

Giving up glamours would be rather huge, you’d lose timewarp, which would have been a rather huge thing to continuum shift and time warp twice in a row.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Mesmer

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

The reflect he was talking about was from the Shield 5 skill, that wall that goes out and comes back.

I am pretty sure when he pulled up the utility bar, he could still pick any other skills a mesmer normally has access to.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Shield 5 is an absorb not a reflect

in Mesmer

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

I am pretty sure they said it reflected projectiles today?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

No utilities were gone

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

I think the only utilities that will ever be “sacrificed” from an elite specialization are those unlocked from selecting a different elite specialization … assuming the new utilities are even tied that closely to the elite specialization.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Maybe he misspoke, but based on what we know, Tides of Time simply absorbs projectiles, stuns enemies, recharges itself and gives allies quickness.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

I guess we’ll see but I thought I remembered them talking about specializations and they said it wouldn’t be a straight upgrade, that there’d be sacrifices made.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithamir.5928

Ithamir.5928

Maybe he misspoke, but based on what we know, Tides of Time simply absorbs projectiles, stuns enemies, recharges itself and gives allies quickness.

Actually, Robert didn’t misspoke. He said that the shield #5, does in fact, absorbs projectiles. I remember it clearly, since I was quite disappointed to hear that. Though, to be fair, I understand it completely.

Praise be to Balthazar, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Stormbolt.7293

Stormbolt.7293

There was a part in the video where he opened up the utilities and everything was still there. So the answer is no, you don’t sacrifice any utilities to equip Chronomancer.

They could have all been available for development purposes

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Actually, Robert didn’t misspoke. He said that the shield #5, does in fact, absorbs projectiles. I remember it clearly, since I was quite disappointed to hear that. Though, to be fair, I understand it completely.

Ah ok then great. I think it would be kind of OP with all the access to reflects we have now. More so than ever. Absorbing projectiles is fair enough. And who knows, maybe the shield CD will incorporate it reflecting a la focus trait?? That’s yet to be seen.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”