Does clone size matter?

Does clone size matter?

in Mesmer

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Yes, I am asking that question for real. When I first started the game, I tried mesmer but ended up deleting it for some reason. I’d like to give the class another try as none of the other classes I played really have the same ‘fun’ factor as this one. Purple butterflies and chaos storms…I love the animations of this class!

So here’s the question:

Do I make an itty-bitty Asura model mesmer to have tiny, little clones running around or should I go with a Human or even Norn to fill up the screen space?

Or does the clone/phantasm size really matter? And yeah I know, I know ’it’s not the size, it’s how you use it…’ jokes are coming but really, does it matter for this class?

I know Humans have the best armor looks, poor Asura got sort of shafted there…but the animations of the Asura really appeal to me. So before I go leveling, just wanted to make sure the most beneficial race was picked so I don’t regret it later.

Edit – Not a fan of the Charr or the Sylvari. Sorry to those of you with those mesmers, just don’t like animations or the voices of those two races.

Thanks in advance

(edited by rabidsmiles.5926)

Does clone size matter?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Atrament.2314

Atrament.2314

No, I don’t think the model of your clone impacts anything really?
If anything, I’d swing for an asuran mesmer, that way it’s even more annoying to pick out the real one from the clones. I’d just roll with the race that makes you happy, though.

Does clone size matter?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

In reality? No

In perception? Hmm, maybe?

I play sylvari mesmer and I really don’t think it matters what race you use. Asura are the best race but not because they’re small.

Any good player you fight isn’t going to get thrown off by a smaller character model. Just sayin.

Play the race you’ll be happy with in the long run.

Does clone size matter?

in Mesmer

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Happy with is so subjective and I am such an altoholic!

Both have good points though. I have a hard time figuring out if in the end, the tiny weapons or the ‘meh’ gear will leave me not enjoying the mesmer vs the various, beautiful outfits that the humans have. I think half the fun of the class is how outlandish you can make them and have it not really be abnormal.

Anyone with an Asura mesmer that can give some perspective? Do you regret or love it? Do you find that the armors and weapons size aren’t that big of a deal?

Maybe I should spend some time in the mists trying the outfits out…and make two mesmers

Does clone size matter?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Happy with is so subjective and I am such an altoholic!

Both have good points though. I have a hard time figuring out if in the end, the tiny weapons or the ‘meh’ gear will leave me not enjoying the mesmer vs the various, beautiful outfits that the humans have. I think half the fun of the class is how outlandish you can make them and have it not really be abnormal.

Anyone with an Asura mesmer that can give some perspective? Do you regret or love it? Do you find that the armors and weapons size aren’t that big of a deal?

Maybe I should spend some time in the mists trying the outfits out…and make two mesmers

Be a hipster like me. Make a charr mesmer

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/external?l=http%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2FVAUbZ62CC4M

This video was just to show off legendaries, but this guy uses pretty much the same armor and color scheme as i do.

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

(edited by Carpboy.7145)

Does clone size matter?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I admit that when I clicked on this thread I was expecting something completely different… XD

Does clone size matter?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Ugh this charr is ugly x.X overlegendaried xD

btt: I’m not exactly sure if enemies aim for a lower spot if you play an Asura. I could image it however. This would mean that focus 4 would protect you better than when you were a huge Norn, since it’s a pretty low reflection wall. Never tested it myself sadly.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Does clone size matter?

in Mesmer

Godmoney.2048

Hitbox size is the same across all races.

No half decent player is going to care what race you are when they kill you.

I’ve never thought to myself “if only they were a Norn instead of Asura so that I didn’t lose that fight”

Character model has no affect on anything but your own psyche.

Does clone size matter?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

I’m not talking about the hitbos, I’m talking about the point where shots are gonna be unleashed and are gonna hit you. Since a charr won’t shoot out of it’s knee and an Asura won’t shoot out of it’s head, it makes a difference, doesn’kitten

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Does clone size matter?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Marsares.2053

Marsares.2053

Only benefit I can think of is that your animations will be less obvious to the enemy, thereby making it a bit more difficult for them to time their interrupts properly.

Does clone size matter?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bellyboomer.3048

Bellyboomer.3048

I’ve been rollin’ asura mesmer ever since I’ve got the game. At first… well I just wanted an army of midgets with swords… But even after that nooby fase I still enjoy it a lot.

I’d say you’d better choose a race based on the lore and the look you want, but ofcourse keep an open mind for changing weapons and such.

Does clone size matter?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyrotek.8730

Pyrotek.8730

I’ve always wondered about the “volume of protection” by the PWarden spinning axes for an Asura Mesmer versus a huge Norn/Charr one.

It’s hilarious to watch big norn warrs sitting ‘inside’ my Asura’s sphere for reflect protection.

Server: Underworld
Ranger (80), Mesmer (80), Warr (40), Ele (29)

Does clone size matter?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

When I made my mesmer so long ago, I made the largest Norn possible thinking that the clones would cover some screen space and opponents might accidentally click on them instead of me or a teammate.

Not sure if that actually makes any difference, but I love the Snow Leopard (norn racial elite) for WvW roaming/havoc. I’ve used it to hide in keeps, get away from an overwhelming force, catch all those pesky high mobility builds, and rush to objectives that are under assault.

So maybe big clones help me out, but the Snow Leopard helps me out way more.

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

Does clone size matter?

in Mesmer

Godmoney.2048

When I made my mesmer so long ago, I made the largest Norn possible thinking that the clones would cover some screen space and opponents might accidentally click on them instead of me or a teammate.

Not sure if that actually makes any difference, but I love the Snow Leopard (norn racial elite) for WvW roaming/havoc. I’ve used it to hide in keeps, get away from an overwhelming force, catch all those pesky high mobility builds, and rush to objectives that are under assault.

So maybe big clones help me out, but the Snow Leopard helps me out way more.

LOL, Snow Leopard is amazing! I have a buddy who uses that on his guardian and I’ve seen him runaway from huge zergs with that sprint.

Honestly for classes taht lack escape Norn is a really good choice because of that Ultimate.

Does clone size matter?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Some like to play Asura in WvW so they are (or they think they are) harder to be noticed while they sneak into groups of opponents. Others play the tallest Norn to fill the screen in an attempt to visually cover what their (smaller) teammates are doing.

I would say chose a race that you feel fits well with the character you’re going to make.