Dom GM idea: Psychic Shock

in Mesmer

Posted by: MSFone.3026

MSFone.3026

Deal damage when you daze a target.

I would take this over any other Dom GM. Thoughts?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raunchy.6891

Raunchy.6891

It would have to be pretty low base power, because I could see that with Halting Strike being problematic.

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Some overlapping with halting strike but why not. Maybe we can create an instant burst build (like fresh air ele) but that starts with interrupt lol.

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

One thing I have to say, love the name. Not sure about what to do with it though.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

I think it’s too similar to Halting Strike to be honest with you, but it does sound cool.

However, I think instead of coming up with new skills, we should figure out how to improve the ones we already have. The only way I’d be down for new gms is if others are merged together (I’m looking at Shatter Conditions and Restorative Illusions) or DE becomes part of our mechanic.

Btw, Furious interruption should remove boon(s) with no ICD. Wouldn’t that be a great buff to an otherwise sucky trait?

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

MSFone.3026

Yeah it would be really sweet if us posting stuff made Anet fix all our bugged out or useless crap, without making it worse…but it hasn’t worked that way so far. However they do seem willing to add new stuff, so hey.

This trait combined with Halting Strike would still be nowhere near the burst possible with IP, and that is a perfectly fine GM so why not this one? You’d have to go 6 into Dom to get it, so a 6/4/x/x/x, which isn’t going to be super optimal.

In this game an interrupt build will never be OP, and I think it should be possible to nail someone for 3-4 dmg with a daze interrupt via this trait plus HS. It would increase the utility of MoD, making it possible to use for a little added spike when going for a kill, which I think would be sweet.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Power Block: 5 Seconds of Slow on Interrupt

I can hope

in Mesmer

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

GM should be

• Daze duration increased by 50%
  • Dazing a foe rips a boon off your foe.

Power block should be

• Interrupted skills will cause damage on use (similar to confusion, scales off power).
  • interrupted foes are weakened.

Xii and Xi in Inspiration don’t work because in any shatter build, you run x/4/x/x/6, and don’t have enough points left to get it. Anet really need to make deceptive evasion an adept trait to open up so many builds, hell, if that were the case, I’d run 0/2/0/6/6, and get vigor from shatters and remove conditions, would be as good as ele dd cele.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

Deal damage when you daze a target.

I would take this over any other Dom GM. Thoughts?

This looks oddly familiar.

I quite obviously like the idea. But I would rather have it incorporated into CS and might also prefer a power-based damage-over-time mechanic. Otherwise the burst coming from an interrupting Daze might indeed be too overpowering or at least too unpredictable for your opponent. Having an over-time-mechanic offers some counterplay.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Ele’s already have this GM trait only it’s on CC effect. 6 in their second line, shoots a lightning bolt

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Ele’s already have this GM trait only it’s on CC effect. 6 in their second line, shoots a lightning bolt

Lightning Rod. It’s a fun one, and I use it on my Ele all the time. Funny thing is, it was originally only on-’rupt, but that got patched to on-CC.

As for the main topic? An interesting idea. And, going with a power damage option at least preserves the overall “flow” of the Dom line.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

It couldn’t exist in a world with Halting Strike – you’d need to remove that first.

in Mesmer

Posted by: adelaide.6213

adelaide.6213

Would be too overpowered in a 6/2/0/0/6 IP build with daze mantra and mirror images.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zarathustra.1458

Zarathustra.1458

Would be too overpowered in a 6/2/0/0/6 IP build with daze mantra and mirror images.

The increased burst would not make up for the loss of DE and the sustain reductions.

in Mesmer

MSFone.3026

You could put an ICD on it if it really proved to be OP, which it wouldn’t.

Landing an interrupt is at least as hard to reliably do as a full IP shatter, the latter of which can 1 shot people and this never would. There is no way this would be remotely as strong a GM as IP for burst.

And yes, anyone who took IP+6 in dom would be bad without DE and die a lot; non-issue.