[Dont Report Me Pls] Mesmer PvP Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Niekas.3854

Niekas.3854

Since it is Christmas time I am going to share something what took me purely Solo to Diamond without any big issues or struggles. The most op thing you will ever face – the “Dont Report Me Pls” mesmer build ~

First of all I will note some things that are changeable and/or used differently, depending on your style:

1) ILLUSIONS Line -> Ineptitude instead of MS, I personally use MS since I find it gives me more sustain and burst due to lower CDs.

2) SIGILS -> These were always personal, I use GS to Wilson away from heavily outnumbered fights or interrupt stomps/rezzes.

3) RUNE -> Tormenting is also an option.

4) UTILITY -> Portal instead of Signet of Domination, however, 3 second stun is often an easy set-up for KFC time [Moa].

What does the build have:

• Sustained application of Tormenting and Confusion.
  • Insane amount of Blocks.
  • Illusions and clones everywhere.
  • Decent amount of Condi clear and heals.
  • Decent burst/magic damage, especially to deny Diamond skin and such.

What the build does not have:

• Tankyness while not blocking or evading. You might find yourself getting 1shot by power revs or similar if you are not paying attention to your surroundings.

Play style:

You are not a +1 or teamfight person since besides aoe condi clear you dont offer anything to your team. All you have to do and would prefer to do is fight 1vX somewhere on the map (far node!). And you can do it easily. Nearly permablocks, a lot of sustain due to passive and Inspiration heals + condi clears. You should never lose a 1v1 to anything unless you get bursted out of nowhere, which, would be your own mistake. Most 1v2s are also the cake because people just kill themselves while attacking you, and yes, it works in Diamond too.

Counters:

• 1vX with a Reaper/Condi (Especially Druid one) in the X, this is your time to use Moa.
  • Tanky Condi Druids, well, these are not really a counter but more likely a KITTEN to kill, especially if you rush far and there is 1, but then again, Moa fixes the problem.
  • Heavy stun/fear/daze application.

TL;DR

Run around and block, things will die, if you get into a problem and still want to win – Moa, if you get into a problem and Moa is on CD – swap to GS and Wilson away. Enemies stomping/rezzing? GS and rip. Rekt far and nothing else to do? Rotate mid and KFC 2 enemies for the lulz.

My average game ends at 300k+ condi damage dealt and 200k~ normal damage.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAreRnsICNohVoBmpBMrhlnj6sACgDDdxynDoeQP0FF-TpRFABuv/Q6HBAzLDk8DAQhDBAAnAAA

In 200 games I am yet to meet a Mesmer who would run anything even remotely close to this, yet the rage and QQs i receive from enemies is enormous. Let it begin, yoloQ Mesmers!

EDIT
Video link for some footage of soloq ~ https://youtu.be/bVFgFgCwOUY

(edited by Niekas.3854)

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Just my 2 cents, if you have 4 signets slotted in, you best trait into domination to make most use of your signets.

Not even the distort, Just the CD reduction

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Mesmer

Posted by: eyesrutherford.1357

eyesrutherford.1357

I’ve ran a build like that before just not so much with all the signets. It’s fun but I like regular zerk more.

~Zïpples~ ~Honey~ ~Lexisety~
~Tamiyo~ ~Lord Mockingbird~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

I haven’t seen that many signet on one build in a LONG TIME

in Mesmer

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

I haven’t seen that many signet on one build in a LONG TIME

Haha there should be more appreciation for how good the mesmer signets actually are. Compared to the trash guardian signets (and the poopy trait!) for example, its night and day.

in Mesmer

Niekas.3854

Just my 2 cents, if you have 4 signets slotted in, you best trait into domination to make most use of your signets.

Not even the distort, Just the CD reduction

The CD reduction is not worth what illusion/inspiration/chrono offer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Two condi removals on a 35s CD, in the current meta? Really?

I don’t see this build working well. It’s pretty much the usual hybrid build, but with far poorer choices for utilities, leaving gaping holes in sustain. You’re a total glass, but not a cannon. You can’t do even close to the damage of a power shatter build, but you’re effectively even less survivable.

The healing signet is bad. You’ll end up having to blow it’s heal just to clear a couple of condies or get a burst heal off, and then you’re outta luck for 35s.

You’re basically praying for your enemies to be baffled by your frequent shield blocking, and that’s so 4+ weeks ago. So even power-based enemies with a clue can get you out of your block rotation, and then easily go through your 16k HPs in a hurry.

Outside of cheesing people with Moa in 1v1, you’re pretty well finished as soon as you A) meet anything with conditions, or anyone who breaks your blocking rotation by simply not attacking during your block.

Don’t get me wrong, I am a fan of oddball builds, but I fail to see the synergies here. The same build would IMO be better without sigils, among other changes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

The healing signet is bad. You’ll end up having to blow it’s heal just to clear a couple of condies or get a burst heal off, and then you’re outta luck for 35s.

You’re forgetting the condi-removal on shatter, though.

The same build would IMO be better without sigils, among other changes.

Signets. Sigils are the things you slot into your weapons.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

You’re forgetting the condi-removal on shatter, though.

But he still has a point :/
Signets in the current meta are just not on par with wells, blink, decoy, nullfield, etc.
I tried the signet heal on my bunker, and it just doesn’t deliver simply because your clones and phantasms doesn’t survive long enough for it to be worthwile.
Of course with a 3 clones uptime you get 1k heal per tick, but when they die almost instantly you’re down to barely nothing… especially without the CD reduction on signet, it,s an awful time for a heal that doesn’t have the effectiveness of Ether Feast or Well of Eternity.

in Mesmer

Niekas.3854

I don’t see this build working well. It’s pretty much the usual hybrid build, but with far poorer choices for utilities, leaving gaping holes in sustain. You’re a total glass, but not a cannon. You can’t do even close to the damage of a power shatter build, but you’re effectively even less survivable.

You’re basically praying for your enemies to be baffled by your frequent shield blocking, and that’s so 4+ weeks ago. So even power-based enemies with a clue can get you out of your block rotation, and then easily go through your 16k HPs in a hurry.

Outside of cheesing people with Moa in 1v1, you’re pretty well finished as soon as you A) meet anything with conditions, or anyone who breaks your blocking rotation by simply not attacking during your block.

Don’t get me wrong, I am a fan of oddball builds, but I fail to see the synergies here. The same build would IMO be better without sigils, among other changes.

Everything you stated here is wrong since you can clear condis pretty quick + you have nearly permanent block due to CD redux on phantasm skills + static CD redux per shatter + condi clears per shatter + block reset (all phantasm skill reset) on Heal Signet + Passive heals from Heal of Signet.

As I mentioned, 1 or 2 of them may be swapped but after all the testing I found having the 3 second stun + relatively low cd stun breaker + condi duration increase too good.

You would lose too much for not running heal/moa signets in comparison to any other utility/elite spell for the purpose the build is serving. I guess you did not even try it ~

(edited by Niekas.3854)

in Mesmer

Windwalker.7421

Oops sorry about the hastily written answer that led to some typos and inaccuracies…got distracted by the kids and hit enter before re-reading.

I did completely miss the Inspiration part so yeah you have condies covered fairly well, but that doesn’t really change much about my opinion of the build.

This build would be better off in every conceivable way by dropping Signets (:P), especially the Signet heal, and picking up better utilities. Sig of Domination is simply not worth a utility slot, and Midnight isn’t either for that matter.

Sig of Torment, Agility and Earth are also all pretty sub-par IMO, especially giving up Energy on a glassy build like this.

This build is IMO trying too much, and doesn’t provide enough synergies. With a low 30% crit chance, not to mention poor Crit Damage, the Power damage is a pale shadow of any usual power-based build. In turn, in completely lacks the sustain that a condition damage build needs for its conditions to take effect. While this is of course the concept of hybrid, and some sacrifices must be made, I think you’re making some poor decisions in many places.

For example, using Pack Runes would give you ~7% more Crit Chance base, plus a near 50% uptime of Fury for a quite nice ~57% chance to crit.

It’s also a very selfish build that looks at best “pretty good” in 1v1, and in large part due to Humility being clearly a bit OPd in 1v1.

Signet of Ether also relies on heavy illusion generation to be remotely viable(1v1 or 1v2 at best), if you’re facing a class that can consistently take your illusions down quickly, or you’re shattering them for your burst for that matter, then you have very little healing from this Signet. (And no condition clears unless you use it, which of course is counter-productive.)

in Mesmer

Posted by: hipstertool.7531

hipstertool.7531

Real cool build, helped me make my new build that I am loooving and is helping me destroy solo queue

couple things I want to say though
1. condition damage? do you hate doing damage as a mesmer? we have no condi rn
2. signets are ridiculous. you know kitten well that wells and blink and decoy are 10000% better

otherwise, a mighty fine build
im running a similar/viable one with dueling instead of illusions
so ive got dueling/inspiration/chrono
the condi cleanse and heal on shatter + the second block and extra clones from scepter has my sustain waaaay too high
i admit i wish i had the extra phantasm casting from illusions but dueling has dodge clones and my chrono grandmaster trait is the one where my phantasms resummon on shatter

so basically: thanks for reminding me of scepter/shield and inspiration traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jacob.4280

Jacob.4280

Prety interesting build, at least something different.
And I like the writing about it (its much better than posts like: “Hey look at this build and … build posted”).
Im curious, how the on crit sigils work with just 30% crit chance?
Would u mind, posting some gameplay video?
Id also like, if u can make some comparison between this and power shatter, differences in playstyle and something like that.
Thx in advance.

(edited by Jacob.4280)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Taevion.2896

Taevion.2896

can you show us some fight vids of you dominating? for the sake of entertainment
always fun to see a fight vid along w/ a new build

in Mesmer

Niekas.3854

Prety interesting build, at least something different.
And I like the writing about it (its much better than posts like: “Hey look at this build and … build posted”).
Im curious, how the on crit sigils work with just 30% crit chance?
Would u mind, posting some gameplay video?
Id also like, if u can make some comparison between this and power shatter, differences in playstyle and something like that.
Thx in advance.

+ Taevion.

Sure, I will try to record some gameplay and possibly upload it tomorrow/late today.

As for previous questions about signets, i will repeat myself and say that they are superior to wells/decoy, especially in this build. I personally swap one for portal depending on map.

As for crit chance sigils – yes, 33% of whatever the crit chance is more than enough to proc stuff because u are casting spells/shattering all the time.

in Mesmer

Niekas.3854

Update:

As requested, added footage of today’s 3 games in a row while soloQ’ing.

https://youtu.be/bVFgFgCwOUY

in Mesmer

Windwalker.7421

Nice!

I do like the video.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Magical Things.8465

Magical Things.8465

I like it! In your opinion do you think this build could be used in WvW solo roaming/dueling? Looks like it would rock but wanted to get your opinion.

Awesome video!

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

Thanks for sharing. This got me thinking about using the viper’s amulet, so I’m getting to try something new

in Mesmer

Niekas.3854

I like it! In your opinion do you think this build could be used in WvW solo roaming/dueling? Looks like it would rock but wanted to get your opinion.

Awesome video!

Hey, i dont really know about WvW since I never did it. I assume with all the building possibilities you could actually get even the better version of this build.

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

seem like 1v1 build like any condi mesmer build
seeing you using the sc/sh much more than gs make me think why dont you use more staff with great aoe and PR

same as any condi base build you couldnt hurt the DS ele without using moa…. so even with good power its still hard to lower his hp below 90%

put more group play vid 3v3, 2v2, 2v3, 4v4, 3v4….

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

My 2 cents:

Get rid of Ether Signet, you shatter a lot on this playstyle, you are not even reaping its passive effects. EF would serve you more, or the Well heal for team support. If you are just going for the burst, this alone leaves you vulnerable without a heal for 35 seconds because its not traited.

in Mesmer

Niekas.3854

My 2 cents:

Get rid of Ether Signet, you shatter a lot on this playstyle, you are not even reaping its passive effects. EF would serve you more, or the Well heal for team support. If you are just going for the burst, this alone leaves you vulnerable without a heal for 35 seconds because its not traited.

1) You are constantly using its passive effects due to maximum stack of illusions up nearly permanently.
2) Its not really used as a heal, but rather block reset.

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

My 2 cents:

1) You are constantly using its passive effects due to maximum stack of illusions up nearly permanently.

If It ticked for every 1 sec I would agree with you.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

My 2 cents:

If It ticked for every 1 sec I would agree with you.

Stickers is right, and while the block reset is a nice idea, that 35s heal cd is a killer. Go with mirror instead, that way you have a reflect at least which should serve you well considering.

or do what you want. Doesnt hurt us :D

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

with persistence of memory with chronophantasm gets you 2 sec cd so with 2 i avenger shatter you get 4 sec and alacrity than you shatter them again for another 4 sec and alacrity
so total 8 +3 sec cd reduction and another 8 sec from the alacrity gain from the phantasm if they bounce to you.
the skill is on 24 cd so you get it to 5 sec while in between you can use scepter to block and use 2 evades if needed and i will be ready for use in no time.
this is assuming your enemy is stupid to hit you while you block him. if he stop attacking you you wont get this cd reduction

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

For what it’s worth, this build inspired me to change my approach to using the Viper amulet. I’m not as good at defense and being disciplined to get out of bad fights like the OP, so I’m using runes of durability.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAreWnknBlphVoBeoBEgilnjqeQP0F9sACgDDdxynDA-TJxHABA8EACf/BuLDIwpAAA

Like other posters here, I have trouble using Ether Signet. Reseting the block (and the Mental Defense trait) are really good, but there are times when I need a heal and 35 seconds is an eternity.

Also like some have suggested, I like staff better than great sword. The illusionary warlock hits hard (and is useful for diamond skin eles).

But the really big deal for me was realizing that Viper might be the best choice. I really would love a more pure condi build that had both toughness and vitality, but Viper just seems like a much better overall amulet than any of the “condi” choices (Rabid, Carrion)

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

For those looking for more viper condi build ideas, I posted one in this thread a week or so ago:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Any-good-condi-chrono-builds-pvp/first#post5862549

I like that variant the best with great defense with sword/torch. Rune/sigils are variable.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: MikeProsk.4068

MikeProsk.4068

Thank you bro, this build is fantastic. Now it makes sense to play for the Mesmer not only in the bunker.