<3 GW1

Attachments:

Mugen Tsukuyomi [ABC]
Sorrow’s Furnace

Dreams

in Mesmer

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

I bet it won’t be just a dream for long.

Dreams

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

I really hope the mesmer can equip a mh pistol, a longbow aswell a shield soon. I’d love to see that coming. Shields are beautiful, I wonder if we’d gain a 2nd idefender on the shield O.O

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Dreams

in Mesmer

Posted by: mugen.4763

mugen.4763

I remember running around in gw1 with a tormented shield and a spear on my mesmer. Previewing it reminded me of that xD Wish you could wield all weapon combos without skills just for screenshots and stuff

Mugen Tsukuyomi [ABC]
Sorrow’s Furnace

Dreams

in Mesmer

Posted by: calavel.6249

calavel.6249

I admit being a bit jealous of the engi shield. Having both a full block and a ranged reflect + swap skill on both skills in one weapon is awesome. So many uses, defensive and offensive.
It’s probably my favorite offhand in the game.

Dreams

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos.3579

Chaos.3579

What gloves are those? I’ve been looking for a finger-claw like gloves for my male mesmer.

Dreams

in Mesmer

mugen.4763

Profane from the gemstore, looks terrible on males though ^^

Mugen Tsukuyomi [ABC]
Sorrow’s Furnace

Dreams

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lemuux.2057

Lemuux.2057

eww, please dont….shields on a mesmer? really?

Weapons that dont fit a mesmer:

Axes, hammers, shields, maces.

Anything sharp/pointy that fits the DUELIST theme, works.

Dreams

in Mesmer

Posted by: medohgeuh.4650

medohgeuh.4650

It could be used for parrying purposes, like a more defensive offhand sword.

I don’t see the problem other than the fact we need smaller shield skins.

Dreams

in Mesmer

mugen.4763

This wasn’t an request to give mesmers shield, I posted it out of nostalgia; in Guild Wars 1 you were able to wield any weapon set on any character and the tormented shield was a popular choice. ^^

Mugen Tsukuyomi [ABC]
Sorrow’s Furnace

Dreams

in Mesmer

Posted by: cymruvoodoo.3851

cymruvoodoo.3851

Hey now, I think a shield would fit the mesmer brilliantly, although it wouldn’t be my must-have weapon of choice if I were purely wishlisting. Think of the lightly armoured Highland clansman, with his sword and targe or the Venetian nobleman – The mesmer’s combination of combat mobility, toolkit versatility, burst damage, and general trickeration would fit those archetypes perfectly. However, instead of blocks I think the shield should have no blocks at all and instead have a melee range cleaving stun and a phantasm which does an iSwordsman jump-in style attack, but which launches/kb’s with the shield.

Now, if we’re wishlisting for things from GW1/new things, then I have a few thoughts including Amber weapons (because Kurzick kit brings back happy memories and I liked the amber staff skin fairly well)

Going forward, I’d really like to see the Halberd as a 2-handed weapon option for various classes including the mesmer so that the mesmer can actually have another melee option aside from 1h sword and I think the halberd would be rather cool to have for different classes.

Flail would be another good option

Anyway, back to topic: Tormented shield is always a fun option although the tormented set wasn’t what I most missed from GW1

Dreams

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dbenji.9230

Dbenji.9230

Focus pretty much does everything you’d expect from an illusionary shield.

Guild Wars player since March 2006
GW2 player since April 2012

Dreams

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lemuux.2057

Lemuux.2057

my wish list for mesmer weapons:

MH Pistol
Rifle
Dagger MH/OH

The problem with the rifle is that we already have a good Long Range Power weapon. But it would be really nice : Illusionary Sniper :P (warrior’s Kill shot)

(edited by Lemuux.2057)