Dungeon builds?

Dungeon builds?

in Mesmer

Posted by: hggt.7260

hggt.7260

Hey everyone. I’ve left my mesmer alone for a long time and now her build is completely out of date. I want a build that has decent health/toughness and can sustain a moderate amount of damage. Whether that damage comes from precision, base damage or crit doesnt matter to me. Hell, it could even be condi if I can keep myself alive.

I’m not too big on zerker sets because they’re too squishy and I find myself constantly downed in dungeons. I’ve never been able to keep myself alive in full damage gear. It’s just not my playstyle. I always have to have some source of health.

I’ve tried making my own build, but I dont want to spend any money on anything until I’m sure it’s what I want. And I dont know mesmer well enough to be confident that the build I made is what I want.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Dungeon builds?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

You’ll want to take a look at the stickied dungeon thread for your builds. However, since you mentioned not being able to keep yourself alive in glass cannon gear, you can make some modifications.

You’ll still want to follow the build advice for weapons, utilities, traits, and playstyle. The difference will be that you’ll want to replace the zerker (or assassin’s) gear with knights and cavaliers. A mix of knights and cavaliers will still let you do pretty solid damage while boosting your toughness tremendously. As you get more skilled at playing and avoiding damage, you can gradually replace pieces of your defensive gear with assassin’s or zerker to increase your damage.

Edit: I noticed that you actually mentioned wanting health as well. You can sprinkle in some valkyrie gear if you find yourself needing health. Mesmer’s have pretty decent base health, and you’ll often be traited into inspiration giving some more, so I generally don’t have issues with health.

(edited by Fay.2357)

Dungeon builds?

in Mesmer

hggt.7260

I’ll definitely take a look. Thank you very much for the help and not saying “zerker or gtfo” like I’ve seen in the past.

I’m thinking maybe helm chest and pants are knight’s and gloves boots and shoulders are cavaliers? That was partially rhetorical.

I’ll let you know if I need anything else, you were a great help. Thanks again!

Edit: Is it possible you could send me a link to the dungeon build thread? I only took a minute to look for it but I dont have much time before I have to go. If you could that would be great. Thanks again.

Edit 2: Nevermind, found it. But arent most of those builds a bit out of date? Are there more recent builds that I may not find just by looking at the list?

(edited by hggt.7260)

Dungeon builds?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryouzanpaku.1273

Ryouzanpaku.1273

Player plays the game. MetaKitten plays the DPS meter on the golem.

Dungeon builds?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I’ll definitely take a look. Thank you very much for the help and not saying “zerker or gtfo” like I’ve seen in the past.

I’m thinking maybe helm chest and pants are knight’s and gloves boots and shoulders are cavaliers? That was partially rhetorical.

Edit: Is it possible you could send me a link to the dungeon build thread? I only took a minute to look for it but I dont have much time before I have to go. If you could that would be great. Thanks again.

Edit 2: Nevermind, found it. But arent most of those builds a bit out of date? Are there more recent builds that I may not find just by looking at the list?

Nothing has changed for Mesmer in a significant way since that guide was last updated. All of the builds and other information contained within it is accurate and complete.

Dungeon builds?

in Mesmer

hggt.7260

Nothing has changed for Mesmer in a significant way since that guide was last updated. All of the builds and other information contained within it is accurate and complete.

Alright. I just don’t want to spend money on an out of date build. xD

I’ll check it all out. Thanks again!