Easiest way to hit 80 on a Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gabe.6810

Gabe.6810

Heyo,

I’m making a mesmer for the sole purpose of porting my wife through jump puzzles because they make her grumpy.

My plan is to get all the waypoints- and I’ve heard that putting on a whole bunch of exp boosters and then going on a killing spree is the fastest way to level-
So my question is, is there a faster way to level, if not, how would you recommend building a mesmer purposed entirely for killing sprees?

in Mesmer

Posted by: robotempire.2451

robotempire.2451

Crafting is the easiest, fastest way. It’s also the most expensive.

in Mesmer

Gabe.6810

Crafting is the easiest, fastest way. It’s also the most expensive.

I would do that if I had a bunch of money- is there a second place?

in Mesmer

Posted by: PandaBear.7510

PandaBear.7510

Go into EOTM, pop your XP booster(s) and just follow the commander/group. It is very boring (at least, it is to me) but you get tons of experience really fast. Also make sure you group up in a party to ensure you get enough damage credit.

in Mesmer

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

Leveling Cooking is extremely cheap; it costs somewhere around 4g for 7 quick levels, which isn’t much at all. I wouldn’t recommend using any other craft for leveling, though. It’s also a lot slower if you don’t have hearts unlocked on an 80 already.

EotM is good – possibly the fastest – if you can find a map that’s efficient at ktraining (if you load into a map and a commander’s looking for fights over caps, it will be much slower to level than doing PvE).

Other than that, yeah, killstreak booster + XP booster + birthday booster (if you have one), and run around killing yellow mobs in areas of PvE zones that generally don’t get a lot of traffic. The exploration bonus XP you get from mobs that haven’t been killed in a while is pretty huge, and with the stacked XP boosters it is pretty fast. More boring than EotM though.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

in Mesmer

Posted by: dwillikers.2348

dwillikers.2348

Heyo,

I’m making a mesmer for the sole purpose of porting my wife through jump puzzles because they make her grumpy.

This gave me a hearty chuckle. Some might say the only reason you should make a profession and grind it to 80 is because you enjoy it.

But grumpy wives op

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

Just run through all maps and discover as many lands, vistas, waypoints and PoI as you can. Complete some Hearts, atleast those below lvl 16, they give tons of exp after patch. Don’t forget major cities discovering. You should complete all major cities maps after you reach lvl 15. Discover all lvl 15 maps, than, when you are at least lvl 22, step to 15-25 maps and run through them. Don’t stop for every event or every Heart: do only simple and faster ones. Continue with maps 25 -35 and so on and so on. Also, don’t forget your Personal story, a lot of exp!
Edit: you can also get free level boost, if you get lucky wins in SPvP: If you win, you have a chance to get a reward with +1 level (account bound, so you can send them to any of your characters).

(edited by Sifu.9745)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

If you want to actually complete zones … Sword + Sword is great as you can reduce all the cooldowns on it once you have 2 Trait Points. It also hits hard, the clones add vulnerability as well, and the phantasm hits like a truck.

Later, if you don’t like sword, use 4 points to get whatever weapon you prefer. If you do prefer sword, stick with it and get 2 points for Sword cooldowns and 3 points in Illusions to lower the block, phantasm, and iLeap cooldowns.

After that, bump to 4 points in Dueling for clones on dodge once you have 7 Trait Points (4 dueling, 3 Illusions).

Some people will tell you to go phantasm build, but I find most things die to quickly for that to be truly viable. Shatters are actually quite nice. It’s also more flexible (in my opinion).

Don’t be afraid to be in melee as a Mesmer. It’ll make you a better Mesmer in the end as if you can dodge while in melee you sure as heck can dodge from 900 / 1,200 with other weapons.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

If you want to actually complete zones … Sword + Sword is great as you can reduce all the cooldowns on it once you have 2 Trait Points. It also hits hard, the clones add vulnerability as well, and the phantasm hits like a truck.

Later, if you don’t like sword, use 4 points to get whatever weapon you prefer. If you do prefer sword, stick with it and get 2 points for Sword cooldowns and 3 points in Illusions to lower the block, phantasm, and iLeap cooldowns.

After that, bump to 4 points in Dueling for clones on dodge once you have 7 Trait Points (4 dueling, 3 Illusions).

Some people will tell you to go phantasm build, but I find most things die to quickly for that to be truly viable. Shatters are actually quite nice. It’s also more flexible (in my opinion).

Don’t be afraid to be in melee as a Mesmer. It’ll make you a better Mesmer in the end as if you can dodge while in melee you sure as heck can dodge from 900 / 1,200 with other weapons.

This +
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil_of_Speed
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil_of_bloodlust
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Food#Swiftness
and
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gathering_Booster
if you have any extra boosters lying around that you can convert.

Make sure to upgrade your gear every 5-10 lvls although the new drop system should take care of that. Max power. Never stop killing/gathering and the big issue of swiftness for mesmers becomes a non-issue. If you don’t max power then phantasm builds become “stronger” but a mix of phantasm + shatter is often enough to down mobs fast. Mantra of pain is now some nice aoe as well to tag lots of mobs while you cleave/shatter.

GS in open world is also very good at spiking targets from range but swap to melee after the initial spike if stuff isn’t dead.

in Mesmer

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

>Play a pvp meta build
>collect tomes of knowledge
>level 80

Devona’s Rest

in Mesmer

Gabe.6810

This +
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil_of_Speed
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil_of_bloodlust
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Food#Swiftness
and
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gathering_Booster
if you have any extra boosters lying around that you can convert.

Make sure to upgrade your gear every 5-10 lvls although the new drop system should take care of that. Max power. Never stop killing/gathering and the big issue of swiftness for mesmers becomes a non-issue. If you don’t max power then phantasm builds become “stronger” but a mix of phantasm + shatter is often enough to down mobs fast. Mantra of pain is now some nice aoe as well to tag lots of mobs while you cleave/shatter.

GS in open world is also very good at spiking targets from range but swap to melee after the initial spike if stuff isn’t dead.

Thank you very much for posting those- I look forward to my neverending rampage.

I think the current plan is to grab those and kill all monsters I see inbetween waypoints. I plan on getting all waypoints so I can port to whatever jump puzzle. Hopefully that will get me to 80.

But grumpy wives op

They really are- her guardian is a really, really tall Norn. Trying to do jumping puzzles on that thing is like trying to teach a bull how to compete in the dog show.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Tome of knowledge. 80 in 30 Seconds.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in Mesmer

Posted by: klep.4165

klep.4165

I always clear my way through the maps, killing and gathering on the way. You are going to do this getting all the waypoints anyway. By the time you clear the Norn map group, you will be 80 and make some gold on the way.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Jokes aside, every dungeon run is 70% of your current level even doing story runs… and IIRC that is on a shorter diminishing returns and can be done like 3 times an hour or something like that.

As for world exploration you can prob do about 5 levels in a zone before moving onto the next, and being a mesmer you’d find the mundane murder of lots of little mobs tiring and not rewarding enough, so always go do dynamic events and hearts in higher level zones.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”