Easy Mantra Solution

Easy Mantra Solution

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

The easiest way to fix the problem that you have one or two stacks remaining crippling you for the next fight or forcing you to blow these stacks into air would be check your mantra stack upon exiting combat mode.
If you got any stacks from a mantra left when you exit combat mode you instantly regain all of your stacks for the mantra.
If you don’t have any stacks the mantra needs to be charged normally.

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

Easy Mantra Solution

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phent.9350

Phent.9350

The easiest way to fix the problem that you have one or two stacks remaining crippling you for the next fight or forcing you to blow these stacks into air would be check your mantra stack upon exiting combat mode.
If you got any stacks from a mantra left when you exit combat mode you instantly regain all of your stacks for the mantra.
If you don’t have any stacks the mantra needs to be charged normally.

I like it but there is some issues witch fight reseting, it can be abused.

IMO mantras should work like that: you can pre-cast mantras even witch cooldown, but cooldown remains and you cant use stacks till cooldown expires.

[None] mesmer/ele/engi/thief/necro

Easy Mantra Solution

in Mesmer

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

Maybe a trait that gives mantras +1 charge whenever an enemy is killed. If they die while you have no charges, the mantras are immediately recharged. This would make it useful across all game modes without necessarily rewarding sloppy usage of mantras.

Easy Mantra Solution

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

I like Mindblossom’s idea, but I would change the “instantly” to still having to wait out the CD, but entirely in the background. No need to manually re-charge, it would simply run down the CD as it was doing for a short while there, but all that happens at the end of the CD is that your stacks get reset to maximum.

Then if you use that stack, you re-trigger the CD as normal. So it’s a QoL improvement for Out of Combat only, but you can’t abuse it to get a free recharge.

Easy Mantra Solution

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

This suggestion seems like it would be more overpowered than the recharge bug we had earlier. Because at least then you had to spend 10 seconds or so recasting all of your mantras.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Easy Mantra Solution

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

The easiest? No – just another complicated thing with flaws and possibilities to abuse, to never have to recharge or anything.

The easiest solution is to just remove the CD. It’s not like mantras were op in any way, especially not after playing chronomancer with wells …

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Easy Mantra Solution

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nina.4317

Nina.4317

The best solution:

The Cd matra recharge must be in proportion to the mantra stacks left.

If you don’t have hamonious mantra, after using your first stack of heal, the cd recharge should go down till, 5s left..

(edited by Nina.4317)

Easy Mantra Solution

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

The best solution:

The Cd matra recharge must be in proportion to the mantra stacks left.

If you don’t have hamonious mantra, after using your first stack of heal, the cd recharge should go down till, 5s left..

I came up with this some time ago – like when a mantra has 20 sec cd, you use 1 of 3 charges, the cd starts to lower until 13.3 sec (it lowers until 1/3), 2nd charge lowers it to 6.6 sec and obviously afer using the last charge you have to wait at least those 6.6 sec to reach 0.

With this method, you got a CD for ALL 2 or 3 stacks of mantras, so with this harmonious mantras would also give you a CDR per mantra charge. I think this is the best solution, but not the easiest. Either way, idc wich solution it will be, I just hope they do something for the mantras.

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

Easy Mantra Solution

in Mesmer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

I’d like to see it changed to be more like portal.

• Activate Mantra. Get a 30-60s(?) buff/timeframe in which you can use your charges
  • If you blow all charges within the time frame, the Mantra goes on full CD
  • If you don’t use all charges, the CD after the time frame is reduced to 50% if no charges used, or 66% if one charge used.

Some people might disagree with the timeframe, but I think it’s less wonky than relying on CD running in background. Plus HM promotes using your Mantras anyway, as opposed to camping them before patch.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

Easy Mantra Solution

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fjaeldmark.9043

Fjaeldmark.9043

The easiest solution is to revert mantas to the “bugged” state and raise the CDs slightly to compensate.

Easy Mantra Solution

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hlord.5940

Hlord.5940

I don’t think it was a bugged, they did remove the mantra mastery trait line, now i wonder if they will add it back
BTW was Mender’s Purity bug introduce after the mantra “fix” or it had been there since the 23rd patch?

Easy Mantra Solution

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Mender’s purity bug is since the mantra cd “fix”.

To have no cd was a bug since they didn’t mention this change anywhere. But it was the “fixiest” bug ever. sad they touched it

Another option would be a redesign:

This idea was in multiple minds and I still think it would be worth a try: When mantras would charge themselves over time. When you are out of combat and swap in a mantra, it will have 3 charges. Then after that, each mantra will get 1 stack after a mantra specific CD. Lets say considering cast time, cd and balance:

Healing mantra: a charge every 5± sec.
Dazing mantra: a charge every 8± sec.
Stability mantra: a charge every 8± sec.
Condi cleanse mantra: a charge every 8± sec.
Mantra of pain: a charge every 3± sec.

I’d enjoy these kind of mantras. Sure some traits would have to be adjusted, but I’d say it will make them very very smooth to play with.

(edited by Xyonon.3987)

Easy Mantra Solution

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hlord.5940

Hlord.5940

Mender’s purity bug is since the mantra cd “fix”.

To have no cd was a bug since they didn’t mention this change anywhere. But it was the “fixiest” bug ever. sad they touched it

Another option would be a redesign:

This idea was in multiple minds and I still think it would be worth a try: When mantras would charge themselves over time. When you are out of combat and swap in a mantra, it will have 3 charges. Then after that, each mantra will get 1 stack after a mantra specific CD. Lets say considering cast time, cd and balance:

Healing mantra: a charge every 5± sec.
Dazing mantra: a charge every 8± sec.
Stability mantra: a charge every 8± sec.
Condi cleanse mantra: a charge every 8± sec.
Mantra of pain: a charge every 3± sec.

I’d enjoy these kind of mantras. Sure some traits would have to be adjusted, but I’d say it will make them very very smooth to play with.

so instead of a real fix they introduced a new bug? wow that is so kitten

i find your idea very interesting and might i add that the mantra are in the readied state when we change the skill or move to other map, having to recharge it every time when we change the skill and moving to defferetn map is annoying, this is ust QoL. changing

Easy Mantra Solution

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

The main problem of the mantras is just that you never want to have 1 or 2 stacks left, you always feel forced to use them all to recharge them. The cd is the problem. The cd that is always the same, regardless if you spammed all 3 mantras or if you just used the last one.