Elite: Phantasm Form

in Mesmer

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Had an idea for a new Elite. Here it goes:

Phantasm Form:

• Transform into a Phantasm (visually)
  • clone production disabled (however, you cans till summon phantasms)
  • you gain all benefits from equipped traits, which are directly associated with phantasms or illusions
  • you are revealed for the duration of the transform (if Moa formed, reveal will also disappear)
  • Duration: 20s
  • Cast Time: 1s
  • Cool Down: 180s

Note:

• Phantasmal Haste will reduce skill cool downs by a set percentage (except for the elite itself)
  • You will count as an illusion for Ether Feast, Signet of the Ether or shatters
  • Illusionists Celerity won’t have an effect on the elite skill
  • The active effect of Signet of the Ether will not reset the cool down for the elite
[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shadowcat.4397

Shadowcat.4397

…and you should have 3k hp like Phantasm have

I sey NO for next usless From. Most of Trasformation skills are week, why do you want to get usless elite skill?

in Mesmer

Posted by: phirefox.2568

phirefox.2568

Had an idea for a new Elite. Here it goes:

Phantasm Form:

• Transform into a Phantasm (visually)

Having that effect would be awesome

• clone production disabled (however, you cans till summon phantasms)

Okay, so it’s mostly incompatible with any kind of dedicated shatterbuild (which requires clones on-demand, as well as condibuilds relying on clone production), but will be useful for Phantasm Builds – well, you called it “Phantasm Form” for a reason, i guess

• you gain all benefits from equipped traits, which are directly associated with phantasms or illusions
    (…)
  • Phantasmal Haste will reduce skill cool downs by a set percentage (except for the elite itself)

which means you would be able to “tripple”-trait your Phantasm. -20% points for a traited Weapon, another -20% points in case you’re using Illusionists Celerity (you only mentiond how it wouldn’t impact the elite skill itself, which seems to be redundant information since a Transformation skill doesn’t count as Illusion Summon anyway), and finally another -20% points due to Phantasmal Haste (if traited), which would affect your skills while under influence of “Phantasm Form”. That would be 8 second Cooldown for iZerk, iDuelist or iSwordsman, which seems a bit strong IMO (even if it rarely happens for a Phantasm build to actually use all 3 traits at the same time).

Also think of the flat out +30% damage due to traits. Since your Elite-Form would effectively let you count as an Illusion, you would not only do the usual insane damage done by Phantasm Builds, but could actually Shatter 3 Phants (or whatever Clones were still standing from before you activated the Form) plus yourself, which leaves you with a better mindwrack than a dedicated Shatter traiting both Illusionary Persona and Mental Torment, without actually having to rely on shatters – just by using a Phantasm Build, which tends to be more tankier (not really an option for Power Shatter) and forgiving in the first place.

• You will count as an illusion for Ether Feast, Signet of the Ether or shatters

That actually makes it superior to IP - until the Form runs out of time, at least.

All in All i think the elite is – while being a very nice concept ! – a little too specialized in favour of one special category of Builds; Namely Phantasm Builds, which are already quite strong IMO. Would be nice if a new Elite would be more useful to every style avaiable – Time Bubble is equally Bad for all Builds (basically only usable in PvE, very few Situations in WvW, and only against really bad Opponents in Player vs Player Situations), Mass Invisibility is useful for every kind of Build we have (getting more breathing Room is always a good thing), and Moa… well, this is clearly a Troll Skill, so i won’t comment on that

(edited by phirefox.2568)

in Mesmer

TyPin.9860

Well Illusionists Celerity it would have no effect at all, that’s what I wanted to say. Also the cool down reductions doesn’t have to be -20%. I said a certain percentage, that could be 10% or even just 5%.

But yes, this thing is very dedicated to Phantasm builds. I am currently using a phantasm build in WvW roaming and zerg sniping, that does insane amount of damage, is very easy to use and also profits from shattering. And I want it to be ultra overpowered

EDIT:
Also, for the disadvantages of that build. It will only last for 20 seconds on a 180 seconds cool down. So a shatter spec still could use that elite and after that revert back to shatter play. However, you are right, that it won’t really benefit much from phantasm traits, for shatter specs usually have non^^

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

(edited by TyPin.9860)

in Mesmer

Posted by: SPNKr.6208

SPNKr.6208

I think it’d be more interesting if you got your weapon traits replaced by phantasm skills, since that’s what transformations normally do.

So you’d have the leap from iSwordsman, whirl from the iBerserker, unload from the iDuelist etc. The cooldowns and effects could be the same as a regular phantasm and similarly affected by traits. Considering the amount of damage our phantasms do this could be quite powerful. We could even have 2 phantasm forms like Guardians do with their tomes, one with all the damaging phantasms and another with more utilities (absorb damage from allies like the iDefender, cleanse conditions, reflect projectiles etc.)

in Mesmer

Posted by: GideonAI.5341

GideonAI.5341

Something I’ve always wanted is to make our character perform the Shatter animation at the same time as the other illusions, and then go invisible.

Mind games are fun

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

please no.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

The problem with this would be how variable our Phantasm power is. In a full Phantasm spec, you’d have 30% more damage, 70% more health, 20% faster CDs, you pulse regeneration and passive Fury. Good luck balancing that one.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

30% more damage? well low damage * 1.3 = a bit less low damage. 70% more health? so like a lich form, plague or tornado? 20% faster CDs … not too impressive either. Just another “meh” ult like all the ults right now.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

The problem with this would be how variable our Phantasm power is. In a full Phantasm spec, you’d have 30% more damage, 70% more health, 20% faster CDs, you pulse regeneration and passive Fury. Good luck balancing that one.

So basically Lich form? Swag.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

I don’t see how this is more intense than Lich Form. At least they get pulsing stability. In order to balance it, the cast time should be at least 1.5 seconds (if not 2 considering pDisenchanter is at 1.5 already) and the CD should be 210. Also, how would the 70% health be worked out once you are transformed?

GS 2, Sword 3, Scepter 2 and Staff 2 would be changed to the equipped phantasm attack which should all have a CD of 10s without phatasmal haste. DE would also be disabled on dodge. Other attacks would remain the same. I just imagined performing pMage’s attack as a transformation. lawl

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Lich Form is a rather dependable power, though. You don’t have half your talents affecting it, it only scales with your stats so that it’s more of a power-based move than a condi one.

That’d be ok. If the phantasm we become wouldn’t be affected by traits it could be balanced really well.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MSFone.3026

MSFone.3026

This is possibly the worst idea I’ve ever seen for this class. Thinking of this happening, I’m just speechless, what a horrible horrible thing that would be.

in Mesmer

TyPin.9860

This is possibly the worst idea I’ve ever seen for this class. Thinking of this happening, I’m just speechless, what a horrible horrible thing that would be.

Apparently being speechless doesn’t stop you from writing Interesting. So I managed to impair your verbal motor functions, but higher cerebral functions are still in tact.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phoenix.1370

Phoenix.1370

Personally, I’d rather not see another form, especially for a Mesmer, although, a new elite would be something good….right now I feel a Mesmers elites are rather lackluster.

I never use Mass Invisibility, or Time Warp, and even Moa Form that I use in pvp seems extremely fragile to use, able to be blocked/evaded and have to suffer the cooldown regardless.

I had an idea for an “illusion of death” something like when if you were to take fatal damage during its duration you shatter yourself and teleport to a nearby location and heal for 50% health or similar and gain distortion for a couple seconds, long cooldown to prevent spamming, would be handy in a pinch.

I do enjoy playing as a Mesmer….but I have deleted and remade and deleted and remade SO MANY Mesmers because I just get bored eventually, this is the longest I’ve kept my current one lol, wish there was more variety in the elites usefulness.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ravbek.7938

Ravbek.7938

Maybe have all clone summoning skills now summon a phantasm whilst in this form.

Cybek – Gunnars Hold
Wipus Frequentus – www.wipus.net
Rock Paper Signet – www.rockpapershotgun.com