Elite Spec: Nightmare

in Mesmer

Posted by: Artyport.2084

Artyport.2084

Some Mesmer are all butterflies and sparkles. Nightmares are Mesmers who decided to use their magic to intimidate their foes into submission. Nightmares no longer just summon illusions of themselves they seek to dominate and control the battlefield by casting horrible illusions on themselves and the area around them. They wield pistols that shoot chaotic bullets opening up portals to unleash nightmares on their foes.

Mechanic-
Mesmer Gain an additional Illusion Spot.
All weapon phantasms are now changed to conjured abilities that effect the Mesmer.
Gain Access to new phantasm skills as utilities. These are unique phantasm that are not attached to a specific enemy but to an area the conjurer chooses and gain all the benefits of the phantasm traits. Gain access to main hand pistol

New Phantasms-
Sword- Ghastly Armor- Summon Ghostly armor that blocks the next three attacks.
If no attacks are blocked send out a wave of chaos that damages and immobilizes foes.

Pistol- Unsoothing images. Summon a veil of illusionary raven that dazes the target for the next three attacks. When the veil expires ravens swarm out and damage and slow enemies around you-

Torch- Choatic Beacon- Summon a ghastly Beacon above you. That pulses regen to allies and burn to enemies

Greatsword- Vicious Weaponry. Summon 5 Blades that attack foes on your next 5 attacks.

Staff- Empathetic Mirror- Summon a mirror that reflects back damage you receive on the enemy each attack also shatters the mirror causing bleeding.

New Weapon- Mainhand Pistol
Ghastly Shot- Shoot a shot that causes vulnerability. bullets pierces and hit enemies it passes through
Ghoul Shot-shoot at the foe causing weakness. bullet pierces
Ghost Shot – shot in the air opening portals that shoot the target from different direction

Conjured Shot- channel a powerful shot that summons nightmares that fly out at the enemy ripping through the thoughts of each foe it passes through.

Rift Shot- Shot at target location opening up a rift that damages cripples and slows enemies in the area. Allies who pass through this rift blink to a random location.

Utitlites Summons(Similar to renegade) take up one illusion slot. Summons look like creepy ghouls but they are illusions/nightmares so they are purple ish.

Healing Skill-
Day Dreamer- Summon a phantasm initially heals you and pulses protection. When shattered heals allies.

Spirit Shackles- Enemies in the area are slowed and Chlled. When Shattered explodes causing big damage.

Confusing Images- Summons a shadow that apples applies tons of confusion. When shattered Taunts enemies for x seconds before disappearing.

Spirit Of Denial – Summon a spirit of denial that grants allies barrier. When Shattered Weakens the area around him.

Hypochondriac- Summon and Illusion that shares conditions applied to one enemy to all enemies. When Shattered Turns all enchantments into conditions.

Elite-
Conjure Nightmare- Summon a nightmare that pulses stun. When shattered all enemies in his area are knocked down.

Main traits-
Bond over Nightmares- Share lesser versions of your phantasmal weapons skills to your allies.
Duality- Your Summons look like butterflies to allies and pulse healing 3×.
Dieing in your dreams- foes hit by a phantasm under 25% health are struck with x stacks of torment.

This is kinda like a ritualist through the eyes of a Mesmer. It would be nice to summon something other than myself.

(edited by Artyport.2084)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I really like the thematic of those phantasm skillsas well as the idea of a nightmare/dream weaving Mesmer spec.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Yeah I agree – thematically this is the direction I would like to see them go in next.

in Mesmer

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

I always found the nature behind butterflies and mesmer really fitting. Thats because butterflies are generally a loved insect. U wont run from a butterfly in first site rather u will strech your arm to try have it land on your palm. Much like that mesmer wants to make you open up to him become vulnerable. The shrek u with mind crushing magic etc.

But yours also looks neat.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zarathustra.1458

Zarathustra.1458

Mainhand pistol needs a daze on pistol 2 or 3. Just a 3/4s one, but a nice solid interrupt would be an absolute requirement on any mainhand pistol in my opinion, to better open up synergy with the pistol dueling theme that the mesmer itself naturally possesses.

in Mesmer

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Mainhand pistol needs a daze on pistol 2 or 3. Just a 3/4s one, but a nice solid interrupt would be an absolute requirement on any mainhand pistol in my opinion, to better open up synergy with the pistol dueling theme that the mesmer itself naturally possesses.

Thats true. I also want the pistol to be unique in some way idk how but id like not to have an unload and w/e else maybe a back dodge with that daze and something else with skill 3

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zarathustra.1458

Zarathustra.1458

Well why not an evade with that daze? So you actively parry as it where like a duelist in some silly western who shoots the bullets of his enemies out of the air. A daze with a channeled block in case it doesn’t work perhaps? that would reverse the order of most of our blocks too.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Artyport.2084

Artyport.2084

I really like the thematic of those phantasm skillsas well as the idea of a nightmare/dream weaving Mesmer spec.

Thanks.
I’m hoping for something a bit darker with the Mesmer.
I was also trying to come up with something where the Mesmer has a duality skill that makes some skills alternate between being really soft/pretty to becoming dark and gritty.

Duality- Your phantasm have the ability to be helpful to allies or harmful to foes.
there would be a f5 skill that toggles between the two dualities of inspiration and domination.
In inspiration your phantasms would summon as butterflies and pleasantries and have helpful benefits to allies. In Domination your summons would form as gritty scary things and harm enemies

But maybe ill save that for another spec.