Elites

Elites

in Mesmer

Posted by: Maynolds.1539

Maynolds.1539

hello! I would like to ask you about your elite skill in pvp, what elite are u using? and how?
I tried all of them and I think that moa is a great option but people complain about it
It is pretty usefull against necros and I use against people when is full of boons or before they use their healing skill, to can finish them easily.

Time warp is awesome but u need really good comunication with your team to optimize it, and have a really high cd.

Mass invisibility is the best one to escape from a fight but have a long cast time, if i need to escape i need to do it quickly and I’m usually low of clones.

I play shatter, phatasma and mantras builds and , I tried a lot of builds, but it’s pretty hard to do confusions or stuning builds because stability breaks my plans since u can’t choose which boon u preffer to take off. I am not really good with PU because being honest I haven’t played that build enough.

Mimic is no a elite but,what do u think about mimic? I don’t think is to usefull, but could be?

Then what do u think? am I doing wrong?

PD: sorry about my english

Elites

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Depends on a lot of things.

First of all, build. When running back to somewhere and alone, I tend to run MI in PU-based builds and when running with my GF, Moa otherwise.
Then, situation. If I’m in a zerg, definitely Time Warp, it’s still by far the strongest elite we have given how very flexible it is.
I also sometimes use MI to break off with a group of ~5 and flank, and I sometimes use Moa in small-group situations to remove a key player.

I tend to default to TW though. Unlike the other two, TW is never wrong.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Elites

in Mesmer

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

firstly moa is too long, its not useful to a group and is mainly a troll skill, no dignity in using it tbh, mass invis is pretty decent i like it, TW is only good in in groups,

as for mimic??? duuuuude its an amazing skill when used right, its part of my commander build, after being hit by a projectile the rest of the cast bar blocks ALL attacks, and traited for cool down you can use it every 16secs, its perfect for zerg mesmers especially if youre a melee mesmer :P

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

Elites

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

Mass invis esp if you run a PU build of any kind. Stealth is by far the most op and broken skill in GW2 there is no reason not to use and abuse it.

Elites

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

Mass invis esp if you run a PU build of any kind. Stealth is by far the most op and broken skill in WvW there is no reason not to use and abuse it.

there i fixed it for you :P its terrible in all other game modes

Elites

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Nearly always MI in any game mode, whether playing PU or not.

TW if doing some pve farming.

Elites

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

Nearly always MI in any game mode, whether playing PU or not.

TW if doing some pve farming.

pretty much this^^

Mass Invis all the time – TW maybe if a boss requires it or ive put down some golems

i resorted to using moa against a troll thief who was yapping at out ankles in wvw but before that i hadnt used it in 5 months

we need an elite phantasm or some sort of weird unique skill like a boon removal elite or transformation elite like other classes

Elites

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i never use moa, unless i wanna troll a mm necro that has been dominating in spvp with his zoo.

massinvis is pretty good in wvw, as it stealthes people that are being focused for example.
i use it to protect the casters

tw: massive cd for a short small frenzie. my guild leader likes to use it in wvw and it can be a little effective, but its not really something i would call an elite imo.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Elites

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

i never use moa, unless i wanna troll a mm necro that has been dominating in spvp with his zoo.

massinvis is pretty good in wvw, as it stealthes people that are being focused for example.
i use it to protect the casters

tw: massive cd for a short small frenzie. my guild leader likes to use it in wvw and it can be a little effective, but its not really something i would call an elite imo.

im not so sure youre correct with TW tbh, we have two mesmers in our regular group and the two time warps can make a huge difference if used right, but as for Mass Invis, im glad ive found someone who uses it to defend there teammates aswell instead of running, i thought i was the only one :P

Elites

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Pro tip: You might be low on clones, but when you cast mass invis, user your f4 distortion. That’ll allow you to get through the long cast time to get into stealth.

As for Mimic, it’s a powerful utility albiet a little finicky due to its mechanics. However, if you can master it, and the wind is blowing in the right direction, it can work wonders.

The opening of this fight I use Mimic to eat an entire burst from this 3-man we encountered.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPtiMQTo6YM

Elites

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Just a word on Mass Invis, if you’ve played any WvW you’ll know the idea behind a zerg veil. Mass invis can be used offensivly the same way. You can activate it approaching a fight for you and your team mates. That’ll allow you to get into range and they can’t target you until you’ve hit them dealing damage, or landing cc’s etc.

Elites

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

mimic is such an OP skill for the mesmer xD but very little people can use it effectivley, ive been using it for about 100hours now and i still find it a bit stressful sometimes, youve just got to get used to spotting prejectile classess in smaller fights to proc the blocks

Elites

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

MI is also fantastic at preventing a stomp and rezzing an ally.

Elites

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

unless working in Voice chat, the player will 99% of the time just keep attacking and waste the stealth, i dont bother wasting it any more

Elites

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

unless working in Voice chat, the player will 99% of the time just keep attacking and waste the stealth, i dont bother wasting it any more

True, there are times when I kick myself for wasting 2 or 3 cooldowns including MI to rez someone and they throw it back in your face by continuing to attack. :/

Although I’ve had a fair amount of success with players stopping their attack once stealthed so in general I still try to help.

Of course a lot easier if you can slap down a chaos storm, use chaos armour, and or diversion with IP.

Elites

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

True, there are times when I kick myself for wasting 2 or 3 cooldowns including MI to rez someone and they throw it back in your face by continuing to attack. :/

Although I’ve had a fair amount of success with players stopping their attack once stealthed so in general I still try to help.

Of course a lot easier if you can slap down a chaos storm, use chaos armour, and or diversion with IP.

indeed and i guess im coming off as a bit cold xD if im solo’ing ill still invis to help its just when im with party members id rather save it to keep them in the game as i know they arent going to waste it, but yeah your combo works better anyway :P

Elites

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mek.2947

Mek.2947

Nothing says you’re a scrub mesmer like using moa. It’s a one trick pony on a long cooldown, and like others have said there’s really no dignity in using it. Yes it effective when it’s off its long cooldown, but it also says, “I was about to get my kitten kicked by you so here’s my desperate ‘I win’ button.”

Elites

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

Nothing says you’re a scrub mesmer like using moa. It’s a one trick pony on a long cooldown, and like others have said there’s really no dignity in using it. Yes it effective when it’s off its long cooldown, but it also says, “I was about to get my kitten kicked by you so here’s my desperate ‘I win’ button.”

i came across a guild that had three mesmers in it that moa’d me 3 times, however they were so terribly nooby they still didnt end up killing me xD, but this is the problem i have with it, i can accept one time yeah i get utilities and what not to evade attacks but if you get moa’d again theyre on freaking cooldown and you have no endurance,

the game needs a debuff so you cant be moa’d twice in the space of say 30secs

Elites

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

i came across a guild that had three mesmers in it that moa’d me 3 times, however they were so terribly nooby they still didnt end up killing me xD, but this is the problem i have with it, i can accept one time yeah i get utilities and what not to evade attacks but if you get moa’d again theyre on freaking cooldown and you have no endurance,

lol you are making me feel bad, as we run 3 mesmers on lock down build. People get 3 stuns at the start of a fight , dead before they can do anything. If they manage to live through that we shot 3 magic bullet at them :P

Elites

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

lol you are making me feel bad, as we run 3 mesmers on lock down build. People get 3 stuns at the start of a fight , dead before they can do anything. If they manage to live through that we shot 3 magic bullet at them :P

awww man it might of possibly been you xD, but with 3 mesmers you could split them into different parties and all use mass invis, insta 5 sec stealth for 15 guys boom,

its things like this that make moa more for the giggles, i cant really complain abou tthe skill alone considering i pull it out to fight those annoying thieves that just stay alive in your tower by perma stealthing, you know the ones :P they have 3 utilities full toughness and just keep stealthing over and over

Elites

in Mesmer

Posted by: Psylem.1529

Psylem.1529

I like moa best – such a long cc! It’s especially fun to cast on necros right after they use one of their forms or underwater to make people a fish lol

Time warp is probably decent for zergs in wvw but it would need to be timely and the situation is rare.

MI is nice for getaways in wvw but not too useful in spvp in my opinion.

P.S. Your English is good!

Elites

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

I like moa best – such a long cc! It’s especially fun to cast on necros right after they use one of their forms or underwater to make people a fish lol

Time warp is probably decent for zergs in wvw but it would need to be timely and the situation is rare.

MI is nice for getaways in wvw but not too useful in spvp in my opinion.

P.S. Your English is good!

as for MI in spvp, grab some lyssa runes, now its viable :P