Embarrassing Question

Embarrassing Question

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

How do you use f5 again, if I wanted to double up on my skills?

Man, I get it sometimes but most of the time I don’t.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Embarrassing Question

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

1. create illusions (the more the longer F5 will work)
  2. start casting one of the skill you want to double
  3. cast F5 before the end of the cast of the above-mentioned skill
  4. cast all the skills you want/can
  5. F5 expires, your cooldowns are back

Embarrassing Question

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

So I have to cast f5 while let’s say for example, mid channel (half bar) before it casts for gravity well?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Embarrassing Question

in Mesmer

Posted by: DeathReign.7821

DeathReign.7821

So I have to cast f5 while let’s say for example, mid channel (half bar) before it casts for gravity well?

I usually cast f5 right at the end of the channel. Sometimes I think that I stuffed up and cast f5 slightly after, but it still restores the cooldown. So you have quite a lot of leeway (relatively) in terms of when to cast f5.

Kiss the chaos.

Embarrassing Question

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Greez!

You only have to know these 2 things:

• The moment you press F5, all cooldowns are safed. If F5 ends or you press it again, they are loaded again.
  • A cooldown of a skill starts after the skill has been casted, not at the very beginning. You press the button, the skill casts (it flashes) and after that the CD starts, NOT during the channel or right away.

So you simply start your F5 in the end of the first skill you use. So you can for example use 2 wells during F5 even without any illusions.

Greez!

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Embarrassing Question

in Mesmer

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

If you are using Shield, make sure to cast Shield5 last, before ending Continuum Split (CS). Manually end CS if you have to the moment Shield5 is cast. Immediately after ending CS, cast Shield5 again. Make sure to “catch” both of the Shield5 attacks as they come back to you.

Congratulations you now have double caste Shield5, while benefiting from BOTH cool down reductions (cool down will be 20s, rather than 40s or 30s).

Embarrassing Question

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Also make sure you don’t catch any other shields 5’s or you will get no CDR at all.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Embarrassing Question

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Also make sure you don’t catch any other shields 5’s or you will get no CDR at all.

Oh?

Embarrassing Question

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

usually the skills you want to doable are:
moa – easy even without any illusion. just cast moa and before its end use CS
utilities wells and glamour (not portal) – if you using those . you will need at least 1 illusion
staff – chaos storm – usually used in rotation to moa or GW
scepter – #3
shield – #5
ALL SHATTER – just spam them. save F4 if you dont want to distortion to prevent cap
signet of illusion – use f5→ use all shatter, →use signet → and use all shatter again. than cs ends→ and cast all shatter →and signet again→ and all shatter again – total 4 times shatters – best with insp line which can cleanse a lot and aslo be as offense and defense. your enemy will see you using shatter and think now you are vulnerable but you have all the shatter up again.

now for more defense play :
if you see the burst coming and you have no healing skills or escape evade. use f5 before the burst and if the burst wont kill you you will have the same hp before the burst
if you see many condi on you follow the same if you have no condi cleanse
if you want to run away and fool you enemy use CS in los. run away or blink away. if he follows you you will be ported back to the CS location (i used this in pvp in some maps mostly in 1v2)

hope it helps

Embarrassing Question

in Mesmer

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

To add to Messiah’s list. Use it as a blink. When on a ledge above your enemy (Nifhil map – center point), use it for a quick attack/return.

Sit at range and generate clones > F5-drop onto enemy > attack/close shatter, > CS teleports you back up top.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post