Enchanter: Doing Something fun with Phantasms

in Mesmer

Posted by: Artyport.2084

Artyport.2084

I’ve never really been a fan of Phantasms in their current state so I came up with an elite spec idea (when I couldn’t sleep) that makes phantasms more interesting. I was inspired by the concept art of the attached image. I also wanted to get back that Empathy/Backfire feeling from GW1

Enchanter: Enchant yourself allies and enemies with powerful spell and shouts.
New Mechanic: Personal Phantasms. Your phantasm are no longer bound to your enemies but are instead bound to you. You can only have one phantasm enchanted on you at a given time. Phantasms can still be attacked and shattered and all previous traits apply to them. You also get a buff called Enchanted which effects what happens on the next attack or when you are attacked. Enchantments only affect weapon skills and not auto attack.

New Skills: The New phantasm skills have a dual function one for when you are attacked and one for when attacked. This is gain by a buff called enchanted and you can chose how you use the skill. You can either choose to be defensive or Offensive. You are enchanted every three seconds

Torch- Inferno Phantasm( Summons an inferno monster illusion) Once you are enchanted when attacked burn the attacker and enemies in the area. If you choose to attack send out an illusionsary fireball towards your enemy

Sword- Empathetic illusion: (Summons a large Illusionary Sword) If attacked your sword swipes at the enemy doing large damage. If attacking copy all boons from foe and cause vulnerablity

Focus-Peaceful Warden( Summon Butterfly) become enchanted. If you are attacked you and allies in 600 radius are healed. If attacking Gain aegis.

Pistol- cant think of anything

Staff- Knightmare( Summon Nightmare) When attacked grant blinding,weakness,vulnerabitly. If Attacking grant Poison, torment, Confusion

GreatSword- Duality( summon a copy of yourself) If attacked this clone blocks the attack. If attacking your phantasm copies your next skill.

Shouts:
“Let Me INSPIRE you” – allies are enchanted an aura(cute butterflies) which negates damage and heals them for the next 2 attacks.

“Thier Minds Are Weak” -your and all allies are enchanted the next attack interrupt foes

“It was all an Illusion”- enchant your allies when attacked allies gain stealth when attacking allies loose conditions

“You are Confused”- Enchant allies their next attack deals confusion and gives chaos armor if attacked.

Elite:
“Cry In FRUSTRATION” the next time your ally is attacked the attacker is badly Stunned" If you attack gain blur and this skill is recharched faster.

NEW WEAPON: MAIN-HAND PISTOL
cuz PEW PEW

This is a rough draft obviously and only something that will happen in MY DREAMS!!

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Uncle Dalty.8327

Uncle Dalty.8327

I like it! though warhorn would make more sense. Mes does need more main hand options for sure though

in Mesmer

Artyport.2084

I like it! though warhorn would make more sense. Mes does need more main hand options for sure though

I agree warhorn makes more sense..
but the skins are soooo…. umm.. boring.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

I like it too. It would be fun to play.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

The idea is nice and all… I just don’t want any specialization which puts even more focus on AI on Mesmers. We got enough issues with that already. I also don’t see how this would fill any ‘holes’ the class might have. Phantasms might be less popular than in the past. But they don’t really represent a specific role and ANet isn’t too fond of them anyway.

To be honest, I can’t even tell what kind of specialization I’d like to see next. I feel that our class mechanic heavily limits what else we can or could do because of the way we generate our resources and traits are linked to our shatters. What I can say: MH Pistol, yes please… We need more mainhands. We got plenty offhands.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dravyn.4671

Dravyn.4671

I love the idea of a build for Mesmer that focuses on Phantasms and actually uses them for something other than shatter fuel. Personally, I despise the whole shatter mechanic and the fact that everything revolves around it.

in Mesmer

Artyport.2084

The idea is nice and all… I just don’t want any specialization which puts even more focus on AI on Mesmers. We got enough issues with that already. I also don’t see how this would fill any ‘holes’ the class might have. Phantasms might be less popular than in the past. But they don’t really represent a specific role and ANet isn’t too fond of them anyway.

To be honest, I can’t even tell what kind of specialization I’d like to see next. I feel that our class mechanic heavily limits what else we can or could do because of the way we generate our resources and traits are linked to our shatters. What I can say: MH Pistol, yes please… We need more mainhands. We got plenty offhands.

Actually the whole idea is to take the A.I. out of the class. The Phantasms only really exist to enchant you(buff you) and provide a visual cue for the decision you make.

This would play like a support class that buffs/debuffs enemies and allies .