Ether Feast vs healing skills

in Mesmer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Here is my build http://tinyurl.com/o6edn8s

My tanky build is based on phantasms . Is Ether Feast better than Signet of the Ether ?

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

(edited by The Demonic Spirit.3157)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Valarauka.2719

Valarauka.2719

If you’re going phantasm based, I’d take almost anything else over Mirror Images – that skill is actively counterproductive to keeping phants out. Also, I’d cut 10 points from Illusions (pHaste and Shattered Strength both don’t help you all that much) and put them somewhere else. Inspiration, Chaos, Dueling all have good options you can grab instead.

As far as what’s better goes, it really depends on your situation, but I could see Signet actually being viable in this build.

EDIT: just noticed your gear, full soldier everything is far faaar too tanky, you won’t kill anything like that. Go for some mix of knight/berserker/cavalier, you can retain toughness while still doing good damage.

Gate of Madness :: [LIVE] :: [OMFG]
Fiona Oberyn :: Mesmer ~ Valthaniel :: Guardian

(edited by Valarauka.2719)

in Mesmer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Ops ! sorry , didn’t know that phantasmal haste is bugged !

Made some changes , thanks for your advices > http://tinyurl.com/o6edn8s
As for Mirror Images , I use them at the start of the fight ( + clone from weapons ) to shatter them before summoning my phantasms

guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Valarauka.2719

Valarauka.2719

That’s looking a lot nicer!

As for Mirror Images , I use them at the start of the fight ( + clone from weapons ) to shatter them before summoning my phantasms

Even a full three-clone shatter isn’t going to do much damage without Mental Torment and Illusionary Persona — and what about after the fight is going on for a while? If you have more than one phantasm out you’d replace it with a clone… there’s far better things you could put there. I’d go with Decoy instead, it’s a shorter-cd stunbreak with a target-drop included. Or Blink – amazing for mobility.

Gate of Madness :: [LIVE] :: [OMFG]
Fiona Oberyn :: Mesmer ~ Valthaniel :: Guardian

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

If you’re going phantasm based, I’d take almost anything else over Mirror Images – that skill is actively counterproductive to keeping phants out.

Not really understanding what you mean here.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

If you’re going phantasm based, I’d take almost anything else over Mirror Images – that skill is actively counterproductive to keeping phants out.

Not really understanding what you mean here.

Dealing damage with Phantasms and running a skill that creates 2 clones = override hell.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

Right, since the topic was healing I was thinking of Mirror.

Need more sleep.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Magi.8643

Magi.8643

It terms of healing skills Ether Feast is the usually the standard heal for most Mesmer’s.

As for your build it would be helpful to mention where it is for e.g PvE, PvP or WvW.

in Mesmer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

It terms of healing skills Ether Feast is the usually the standard heal for most Mesmer’s.

As for your build it would be helpful to mention where it is for e.g PvE, PvP or WvW.

Didn’t you check my build ? it says " PvE mode "

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Ewww greatsword….
Signet of the Ether is an utility heal. As far as it comes to not using focus in pve, you don’t need the instant phantasm skill recharge. So for your current build, Ether Feast is better.
On a side note, not taking focus for reflects is a terrible decision, worse than taking greatsword. But I hope it’s just a open world roaming build for daily kills.

" MM necro is my best ,cleric
guardian ,bomber/nades engineer ,Trapper ranger ,signet\shout warrior then trapper thief ."

Nevermind me.

Snow Crows [SC]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

If you can keep up your Phantasms, Signet of the Ether is just as good. But if you ever have to press 6, just use Ether Feast instead. That’s the tradeoff.

In PvE, if you decide to use SotE basically forfeit the use of a healing skill. Don’t bother activating it, because it’ll punish you. If you want a healing skill and SotE, grab Restorative Mantras and plop Mantra of Pain in as your “heal”.