Excited for builds without DE

in Mesmer

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

After reading about the planed changes, I really got excited for one of my Mesmers with Rabid Gear. Finally I can go into a build without needing DE. The build I imagine goes like:

Dueling:
Duelists Discipline, Blinding Dissipation, Mistrust

Chaos:
Master of Manipulation, Chaotic Dampening, Chaotic Interruption

Illusions:
Persistence of Memory, Sum of all Fears, Blinding Befuddlement

Running with Scepter/Pistol or Sword/Pistol and Staff I feel sorry for all the thieves trying to melee me and being punished with blindness and confusion (at least theoretically). And now I don’t have clones standing around and being targets for CnD. Skill spamming might now really punish a thief.

Also all those longbow rangers, which will hit themselves after I stole their stability, will suffer.

Being able to spike Confusion, which now also has a base damage as far as I understand, is something I always wanted to do… and now, with the compliance of my foes, I might finally be able to do so

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Due to minor traits in the Dueling line, making your illusions inflict conditions on crit, you still want to have access to a good clone uptime.

So as a GM trait… two stacks confusion on interrupt OR more access to clones, and therefore more conditions over time? → You still want DE for a rabid gear mesmer.

Yes, the new Duelists Discipline Trait will help you keep up your Phantasmal Duelists, but you will have numerous encounters where you won’t have three illusions up without DE.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in Mesmer

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

A shame everyone will still have DE then :P (aside from pve)

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in Mesmer

Posted by: denis.9487

denis.9487

The only time is in pve when u try and maintain 3 phantasms while aa. I really hope they make de a core trait. I want to use our class mechanic in all trait lines. The weapons have clone summoning on them so the only place to stand and just press 1 is in pve. Maybe make de baseline in wvw pvp and let pve keep de as a trait.

in Mesmer

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Due to minor traits in the Dueling line, making your illusions inflict conditions on crit, you still want to have access to a good clone uptime.

Duelist atm inflicts 3 or 4 bleeds already. After update it will do the same for Confusion + Phase Retreat and Illusionary Counter (bot illusion summoning) have a really low cool down already. I personally feel disadvantaged against thieves in WvW with DE. As of now I rely on Illusions for MtD Shatter. I won’t need that after update. It is not as if I have no clone production without DE.

It may improve my performance against thieves but leave me at a disadvantage against very1 else… or not. I will certainly try my luck with mistrust. It is AoE, it does 2 stacks, the stacks last longer, I still will have some illusions for auto confusion.

Also, if I have no illusions, the thief needs to CnD on me. Which is way better to control, for IP is now baseline.

I think, which we will see if true or not after the changes hit, that droping DE for Mistrust might bring a refreshing change to my play.

Also:
I can finally drop Energy Sigil for smth else, like might stacking, or bleeds smth. Who knows what new sigils will be there.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

(edited by TyPin.9860)