FINALLY I-LEAP~

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

WIll summon on your target =D <3~ We’ve been asking for it for a LOOONG TIME! AND NOW IT’S HERE <3

Dunno why it took so long but I’m happy <3

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

If this thing is being summoned right in my face the animation speed of the clone needs to be nerfed by 50% so that people can actually dodge it.

Mesmer was strong enough in 1v1 already.

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

UrMom.4205

One thing i noticed about the iLeap…when you swap to it the clone stays there at the summon spot. This might have a pretty strong burst potential. If you have clones up, summon ileap last > swap and imob > shatter > blurred frenzy, maybe even mantra or something.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

UrMom.4205

If this thing is being summoned right in my face the animation speed of the clone needs to be nerfed by 50% so that people can actually dodge it.

currently there is a cooldown before you can swap, if it stays the same you just have to look for a clone that summons right beside you, dodge away from that and you’re good

Team Raven [TR](Dead)

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

1v1 is not an official game type.

As for the official 5v5, mesmer is not the most desired class in top tier.

20 level 80s and counting.

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

Daishi.6027

Swap is the thing you need to doge. That a side I-leap has a cast animation, along with a clone being summoned in your face. There is tons of counter play as long as you are savvy.

Even with the change it’s not going to be super hard to avoid, it’s just QoL from mesmers since the clone’s pathing would break.

(edited by Daishi.6027)

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

Good thing 1v1 happens in every single TPvP match ever played.

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

Daishi.6027

Mes is bottom tier and the most viable spec is hard countered by a lot of things in the meta, and none of these changes are likely to change that. 1v1’s shouldn’t be a problem unless you are completely outplayed, and even if you are you still get the cap.

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

Posted by: chaosmike.8405

chaosmike.8405

best part of all the mesmer changes imo

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

u cant tell me fighting an 1v1 against shattermesmer is difficult.

shattermesmer is in a heavy disadvantage in 1v1

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

you still cant swap if it dies though.. so you cant port to anyone near any kind of aoe.. does this thing get distortion also?

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mystiq Angelic.8193

Mystiq Angelic.8193

I disagree, clearly you don’t play the Mesmer class, or at least the lack thereof, knowledge on the mechanic on Ileap. There is at least 2 seconds for the player to teleport to the enemy target due to 1. Input lag 2. Ping 3. skill activation and animation rendering. That’s more than enough time to give players reaction on what’s coming. To add to what others have said, this game does not balance around 1v1 scenario, and even if that’s the case, any class should have a fair equal chance in 1v1 of equivalent skill and knowledge. Don’t make a false suggestion that’s based on your own experience that you got outplayed by someone else of higher skill. I had my fair share of win/loss ratio to any other classes when met with opponents of equivalent skill and that’s just the way it should be – Player skill dependent.

“If you sacrifice nothing, you gain nothing”
GWAMM & CotG
[HERO] – Star Leader – Black Gate

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

zaxon.6819

but the thing you are missing i think is that there is no more “hey im going to leap you soon” kitten clone running up to your enemy.. you can sneak this one with less of a tell that it is going to happen.. good stuff.. leap was one of the most easily avoided skills in the game.. if you cant avoid a projectile that looks like a clone comming at you.. you need help.. good fix.

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

As it should be. A lot of immobilize from other classes are instant or projectile. Mesmer immobilize are rather predictable if didn’t trait for CI. The large choreograph in charging clone is just a huge give away. Even after the patch, you’d most likely dodge that iSwap after a clone pop right next to you.

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

Daishi.6027

Frankly mes set up was hard enough this is at least fair and on par with other glass cannons which btw do more with less setup… and it’s not like a full shatter is a be all end all /gg. Most classes survive it except maybe thief without initiative. There is a lot more play pre and post shatter.

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

Posted by: captainteemo.6537

captainteemo.6537

This sounds amazing so far. It just needs to work like the down state thief. It still can be dodged by someone skilled enough, yeah a lot less troubling when they’re running up the stairs in spirit watch with the orb.

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Just continue to AA and AoE spam and you should be fine. No clone no leap.

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

1v1 matters because?

And what’s a cripple gonna do to you?

Devona’s Rest

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Smirgel.9460

Smirgel.9460

will be interesting how this skill will be abused z-axis wise to get on high grounds (WvW keeps? pvp: khylo clocktower, spirit watch raven, forest upper keep, temple the high ledges/wood bridge?)

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Matt Stacey.7415

Matt Stacey.7415

Good thing GW2 isn’t a PVP only game.

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

i just say I-warden + I-leap + +Mantra of Distraction +Sigil of domination = cry over the world

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

This is not going to be more powerful than a Thief using Infiltrator’s Strike, you can’t abuse that more than you can abuse your Blink, e.g., you can only teleport up on things the game detects you would be able to run up to. If you look at the Ready Up VoD, it’s a pretty distinct looking summoning animation, rather flashy, as it seems the clone is summoned on the target with a seconds distortion on it. There’s also the sound.

PU Mesmer is rather “strong” 1v1, I’ll give you that, but they don’t need Illusionary Leap. What you should be worried about when it comes to Mesmer, is the seemingly horrible decision to give us Torment on our Scepter auto-attacks. That’s something they should just not do, it will make it so stupidly powerful. They just need to speed up the animation of the auto-attack, make the Illusionary Counter instant if proc’d (instead of this stupid long windup time that anyone can all too easily dodge away from) and perhaps tweak it so the Torment is on the active (Counterspell) and the Blind on the block proc. Confusing Images is also slow, and easy to dodge. You dodge the whole thing when you dodge basically. It just needs polish, it doesn’t need to be made overpowered with two out of three attacks applying Torment, and clones created doing this as well.

Anyways, it’s about time the clone stopped being such a hindrance to our Sword. The changes to Illusionary Leap is one of the best I’ve heard about for a long time. Also a bonus-yay for fixing the Focus Phantasm.. if it’s actually fixed this time that is. Some good changes seems to be coming, except that Torment on Scepter auto-attack, that needs to go. I don’t want us to be stupidly overpowered and a profession requiring no skill to play what so ever.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

As said, aoe fields or simply breathing on the clone prevents the swap, if for some reason you’re unable to evade/block the damage after swap.

At least Mesmer won’t have to deal with pathing issues, but there are still other issues with ileap.

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

Why do people say ileap is slow? As I remember it, dodging right after activating the skill skips the cast because the clone is summoned immediately. So you press 3, dodge, press 3 again and shatter for 3 hits. The mesmer in this video demonstrates the dodge swap several times: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzs6O5ktDHg. Unless Anet actually fixed this, don’t expect to dodge ileap.

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

zaxon.6819

so if you already couldnnt dodge ileap.. and you still cant.. why are people crying about the change? so it was fast and you could not dodge it before.. is that your point.. and now you cant dodge it.. k. no change.. move on.

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

Posted by: TrOtskY.5927

TrOtskY.5927

I wish people would stop saying 1v1 doesn’t matter, do these people even play this game?

(I’m not commenting on the mesmer changes itself, just the above statement)

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

so if you already couldnnt dodge ileap.. and you still cant.. why are people crying about the change? so it was fast and you could not dodge it before.. is that your point.. and now you cant dodge it.. k. no change.. move on.

What I’m saying is that before ileap was totally worthless and when mesmers were really good, ileap couldn’t be dodged as easily as people say. Even though it wasn’t easily dodged, the burst could still be avoided because once the mesmer teleported, you countered. But it wasn’t the immobilize you typically avoided when mesmers timed it right. Not sure why you think I’m crying, I’m pointing out the skill isn’t crap as some are claiming.

dang you filter * shakes fist *

(edited by data.4093)

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raiyo.1584

Raiyo.1584

Mes is bottom tier and the most viable spec is hard countered by a lot of things in the meta, and none of these changes are likely to change that. 1v1’s shouldn’t be a problem unless you are completely outplayed, and even if you are you still get the cap.

exactly this , we mesmer are hard countered by so many classes/builds . like thieves , meditation guardians , condi engis condi rangers . mesmers really deserved these buffs

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

zaxon.6819

pre patch.. a mesmer using a sword was like a thief with a broken steal button. it was thier main shadowstep that just didnt go where you wanted it to. now they are trying to fix it.. and people are complaining.. there is no way this is going to be game breaking.. but anet finally listened and people are trying to stop bugg fixes.

its crazy how long we have waited for this fix to our profession for people to try to shoot it in the foot on the forums.

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

Posted by: squallaus.8321

squallaus.8321

finally my kitten . after all this time….. now the first leap is no longer a leap finisher…. only the swap is…. massive nerf for the ileap….

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

My worst fear for iLeap atm is that it now may be bound by the same LoS restriction as phantasm summons. Small object/wall in between you and your target? Nope, can’t summon the clone…

FINALLY I-LEAP~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rentlle.1370

Rentlle.1370

THIS IS AWESOME!!! finaly!!!
finally we can cast it when we go over a hilled terrain, i mean seriously… 55% of the time it didn’t even come!
best news of the week!