Faust's Build(WvW,1v1,Support,Solo camp)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wraith.4103

Wraith.4103

That build works with torment from new patch also! \o/ So I’ll add a section below, on the build post to the torment one, enjoy.

Videos:
Torment post patch: (UPDATE – 04/17/14)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PMqHKtvB_c

Perplexity pre patch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZLX2aQQduk

Ill make another Perplexity pos patch soon.

_______________Start of the Post_____________________________________

Hi! I’m Adrian Faust, and I promise that with this build you will: Kill 95% of people you find on WvW (1v1 and sometimes even 2v1 and 3v1), Solo Full upgraded camps, Solo champion tower, and support your group or zerg on WvW.<-

I also dont want to be rude but I’m not posting this to ask anyone’s opinion, it works, Ill still use it and its your choice to test or not.

-Intro:————————————————————
Ive been running this build for months, something like 6 ish, I dont like to create guides nor teach (Im bad at it) and I never share my build with anyone and I also never use pre made forum build cause I like to test and learn what everysingle thing does… but I’m BORED, its been months and VERY few people killed me, most time for my mistake cause I’m to impulsive.

Everything started when my girlfriend helped me to make my quip, she said: “You will use this thing even if they nerf every build with pistol”
And I though: “But my eye of rodgort is so awesome, and now I got my scythe skin!! I want condi!!”
And so I made it work.

-Weapon set:———————————————————-
Staff (Dire)
Scepter (Dire) and Pistol (Celestial)

It works with torch, but I dont get enough burst, also I HAVE to use my quip, remember??
If you choose torch go full dire on trinkets, works the same way, but you dont have enough burst. So I dont promise its the best for 1v1.
-Traits:———————————————————————-
-Torment based

Traits: Dueling: II (Phantasmal Fury) and X (Deceptive Evasion)
Inspiration: IV(Menders Purity) and X(Restorative Mantras)
Illusions: V(Master of misdirection), X(Phantasmal haste) and XIII (Maim the Disillusioned)

-Confusion Based

Dueling: II (Phantasmal Fury) and X (Deceptive Evasion)
Chaos: V (Debiliting Dissipation)
Inspiration: IV(Menders Purity) and X(Restorative Mantras) anda 5 more points here (Phantasmal Stregth)
Illusions: V(Master of misdirection) and 5 more points here (Illusionist Celerity)

Theres another variations I use but the main one I said above its what I like most, the other are:

Chaos: V (Debiliting Dissipation)
Inspiration: IV(Menders Purity), X(Restorative Mantras) and XI or VII or VII ( Shattered conditions, malicious sorcerer or Warden Feedback) <- The pro is, you can change to warden feedback when on a zerg and change pistol for a focus, so it reflect and and of course pull
Illusions: V(Master of misdirection) and X(Phantasmal Haste)

-Skills—————————————————————————-
Healing Skill:
Mantra of Recovery
Utility:
Decoy, Mantra of Resolve, Mantra of Pain
Elite:
Mist Fire Wolf

->Variation for Zerg:

Healing Skill:
Mantra of Recovery
Utility:
Veil,Nullfield, Mantra of Pain
Elite:
Mass ivisibility or Time Warp

-Armor and rune Set—————————————-
Full Dire set on Armor
Full Celestial on Trinkets(If u havent got celestial, it Works with mix of Assassin Stat and Dire also)
Runes you can go all Perplexity or Torment, on this update they have changed perplexity so torment looks more worth to invest. (Expansive)

-Sigil——————————————————————-
Lots of things works, but for me, the best is Hydromancer on staff and pistol.
I dont like stacks, so I use torment sigil on scepter and staff.
You can also get the energy one for more dodge = more shatter = more torment
Since they have added so many new effects on old sigils, stick with what you think is better for your play style.
-Food———————————————————-
Koi Cake
Oil (more critical chance), Crystal (more condition dmg), or the best buff you can get: Moa feather (+SPEED) but its a bit expansive .

1/2

Attachments:

Adrian Faust – Human Mesmer
—-—Art Of Invasion [ART]——-
Gate of Madness

(edited by Wraith.4103)

in Mesmer

Wraith.4103

-How the build works:————-
Control+click mantra of pain let it on automatic, everytime you use a mantra it will heal you. So you tell me “Oh but I already knew that”, yes but most of people who try this want to full support, and you dont need a SINGLE healing power to make it heal you 2,7k.
Mantra of resolve will heal you when you charge, and also of course cleans your conditons, and my friend, have no fear to spam it. “Oh but Ill waster all my condi clean”, I got you covered…
Mantra of recovery will heal you when u charge: 2,7k ish + 2 charges of the mantra itself = 2×2,8k ish. So you will have 8,3k heal each 10 seconds…“But hey you said me you got me covered! What about condition?” Each charge of the mantra you clean 2 conditions on you.

So lets see again 8,3k heal+4 condition clean (10sec recharge) and 2,7k heal+4 condition clean (20 sec recharge)

“Oh but I cant kill people with mantra!” You are right, thats why you will use mantra of pain everytime you are not dealing dmg.

Scepter:
Illusionary counter>block+5 stacks torment (8 sec recharge) > Will be your best weapon against thieves< Try to not dodge with scepter, unless you want to shatter!
Confusing Images> Confusion
Pistol: You will put as much duelist as you can, they are your burst, they make people run and waste dodge, try to use magic bullet on a skill use to get your 5 stacks confusion
Staff: kite #2 extra block or interrupt#5 and dodge, a lot, spam illusions cause they hit as hard as your #1, make them bleed. lol

Decoy: The only thing id say for you to use carefully because the recharge is big. I recomend to use on the begin of the battle, you WILL stay alive enough for a second uses.
Mist Firewolves: We will not do TONS of damage, its a slower proccess than other builds, thats why wolves are here! It will give a burst to take down squish guys like thieves, also it have a aoe, mesmer lack of it.

On WvW support:
Veil, to hide your zerg on the start of battle.
Null field and not mantra of resolve because null field is not to take out YOUR condition, its to take out enemys zerg BOONS. Its a MUST to take out the stability and can change the tide.
Timer warp or veil, ask what your group/zerg want.
Mantra of pain will be your MAIN attack on zerg you will heal up to four peoples for 2,7k each 4 to 5 seconds.

On Camps/Champs:
On camp or tower champ attack always one rogue and stack on him, use pistol #4 then #5 change to staff#5 when they all gather together, dodge, make at least 2 more illusions, use mistfire wolf, then use F3 to daze the enemys and let mistfire do his job. He will aoe almost all npcs, keep spaming illusions, shatter, blocks, confusion.

On full upgraded camps you will need to start with the Cabalist, pull them one by one and when they gone, repeat the tactic above.

Almost the same build works with power/dmg dealer, but I didnt like it at all and I think a mix works better.
The only classes I have most problem to face are d/d thieves (the good ones, 90% ish of them you will melt) AND another Mesmers BOTH classes goes towards who make the first mistake. So at least on another mesmers I recommend you to run from illusions and phantasm cause they need to walk at you to start attack, try to see the exactly time mesmer will attack and melt him with torment, duelist, magic bullet, wolves and confusion, wait the time to burst.

Was good to share this with you guys, have a good use!
Anything just whisper me, I’ll really try to help.

Bye, all the bests from your favorite clown! o/

2/2
————————————————————————————-
Gate Of Madness
Guild: Art of Invasion [ART]

Attachments:

Gate of Madness

(edited by Wraith.4103)

in Mesmer

Wraith.4103

Reserved for future.

Gate of Madness

in Mesmer

Posted by: Neurophen.9738

Neurophen.9738

I’ve never tried auto cast on mantras before until now, and uh it was annoying! Blocking you from doing something else that was more important… How does that not drive you nuts?

in Mesmer

Wraith.4103

The thing is, mantra only auto atk when you are doing nothing, usually on scepter, where I recommend not use skill#1 cause you will overwrite the staff illusion that gives way more damage.
For example, if you are on a battle and is actually hitting someone with staff skill#1 the auto-atk mantra will not charge, also you can alway interrupt the cast to do something.
Not to forget that on wvw when swords are already popped up on a tower, just let your mantra auto atk a door and stay near ram or your group. You will heal way more than a elementalist would also you will not have to smash buttons all the time.

Gate of Madness

(edited by Wraith.4103)

in Mesmer

Posted by: TakeCare.3182

TakeCare.3182

Very nice, Mr. Faust. I see you roaming out there in WvW all the time. You are quite good. People would be wise to take your advice.

This build is incredibly annoying to fight.

YouTube channel
Thief | Mesmer | Elementalist

in Mesmer

Posted by: Noble.2670

Noble.2670

kitten , I’ve just started gearing zerker shatter because the lack of damage i was getting from condition, I love s/p/staff this sounds perfect

Stupid Seven [sM]
my vids: https://tinyurl.com/sevenddelem

in Mesmer

Wraith.4103

Very nice, Mr. Faust. I see you roaming out there in WvW all the time. You are quite good. People would be wise to take your advice.

This build is incredibly annoying to fight.

Thank you! Everyone I see from your guild are incredible players too.

kitten , I’ve just started gearing zerker shatter because the lack of damage i was getting from condition, I love s/p/staff this sounds perfect

Well, still lower in damage than any zerker build.
But as you see:
- Your Duelist will have 50%(trait+oil+stat) ish critical chance with 2k ish dmg and 50% ish critical damage and of course + 15% damage (trait)
-You will apply 5 or 6 staks of torment(if you get torment sigil)
- Chill foes everytime you change weapons and stack up to 18-20 confusion(interrupt +shatters+scepter)
- Heal a lot
- Clean ton of condition
- Support your group

You can of course boost it with guard stack from wvw trait points, but I dont like to use stacks at all, I got all my points on sieges to help my guildies.

This build is about be versatile, theres no “nemesis” at all, depends a lot on you.

Also never forget “Koi Cake”, its 40% more condition duration, face it like 40% more damage for your conditions.

Gate of Madness

(edited by Wraith.4103)

in Mesmer

Posted by: OJ For Prez.8254

OJ For Prez.8254

Very cool build! I was messing around last night and switched to it for the zerg I was running with and also to do some roaming. In the zerg I lasted just fine and in roaming I did pretty well by beating a warrior and a ranger (I am not very good btw). I did come across a shatter PU mesmer that beat the kitten out of me. I faced him 3-4X and he destroyed me each time but I learned a couple of things to do better next time.

I still need to get the trinkets your recommend and the sigil’s but for starters I really enjoyed it. I am using the runes of torment and hope that after the patch that this build is even stronger. How do the runes work when you use a healing skill? Does it stack 2 new stacks of torment every 20 sec you use a healing skill even if you already have 5 stacks from a block with your scepter?

What I really like about it is that if I want to roam I can just switch some of my utilities and I am good to go. I don’t have to respec and switch to a different set of gear/weapons.

Thanks for the build!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

Would interupt build be gg for this build? Jst from a glance with auto mantra i feel ud get hard cced when trying to channel mantras or do you use decoy when cd is about to pop

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

in Mesmer

Wraith.4103

Would interupt build be gg for this build? Jst from a glance with auto mantra i feel ud get hard cced when trying to channel mantras or do you use decoy when cd is about to pop

Everything depends on battle. Usually or I use decoy at the start of battle or I keep when my heal mantra is about to end cooldown.
The more people know what you doing more they will try to time interrupt you, but does not matter is not the mantra that kills them. Just be carefull to not be interrupted on the heal one.

About interrupt, I never tried a interrupt focused build mixed with this build but already tried 3 mantras at same time with power and condi, so I would go for something like this:

Domination: whatever you choose, whatever you choose, XI or XII or the new interrupt trait (Power Block).
Inspiration: IV(Menders Purity) and X(Restorative Mantras)

Power
Greatsword
Sword+pistol/focus

Mixed
Greatsword
Scepter+pistol/torch/focus

Condi
Staff
Scepter+pistol/focus

Healing Skill:
Mantra of Recovery
Utility:
Decoy, Mantra of Resolve, Mantra of Distraction
Elite:
Mist Fire Wolf

Gate of Madness

(edited by Wraith.4103)

in Mesmer

Wraith.4103

Very cool build! I was messing around last night and switched to it for the zerg I was running with and also to do some roaming. In the zerg I lasted just fine and in roaming I did pretty well by beating a warrior and a ranger (I am not very good btw). I did come across a shatter PU mesmer that beat the kitten out of me. I faced him 3-4X and he destroyed me each time but I learned a couple of things to do better next time.

I still need to get the trinkets your recommend and the sigil’s but for starters I really enjoyed it. I am using the runes of torment and hope that after the patch that this build is even stronger. How do the runes work when you use a healing skill? Does it stack 2 new stacks of torment every 20 sec you use a healing skill even if you already have 5 stacks from a block with your scepter?

What I really like about it is that if I want to roam I can just switch some of my utilities and I am good to go. I don’t have to respec and switch to a different set of gear/weapons.

Thanks for the build!

I’ll post a video today/try cause im having some problem with youtube and quality, so you can see what I do and how I do on battle. Im glad you liked it

And yep, they will get 7 stacks of torment. (Scepter+heal). Pay attention on the range, you will need to heal next to them.
Its also good to aoe kill phantasms and illusions.
About the PU mesmer, theres 2 ways or you keep pressure or you run from them and let your phantasms do the job also you need to ever pay attention to the time they attack you. They usually sucks at condi clean, so your torment will be what will get them. But is hard to block their attack not the illusion/phantasm, so you will get the way with time.

Gate of Madness

in Mesmer

OJ For Prez.8254

Thanks, video would be great!

in Mesmer

Wraith.4103

Thanks, video would be great!

Here, sorry for quality. Next ones Ill make higher. Had problem uploading, dont know exactly what happened…
By the way if you ask me why I didnt killed the necro is because I dont kill uplvls, only if they keep attacking me. lol

Gate of Madness

(edited by Wraith.4103)

in Mesmer

OJ For Prez.8254

Great video! Really nice to see how you handle a thief.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shrrek.4357

Shrrek.4357

i noticed the mantra only heals you when u cast it for the first time to get it ready, it whont heal you when you activat its skill..it also says it here.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Restorative_Mantras

in Mesmer

Wraith.4103

i noticed the mantra only heals you when u cast it for the first time to get it ready, it whont heal you when you activat its skill..it also says it here.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Restorative_Mantras

Yes sir, if it heal on each use would be OP.
No idea why you was think the opposite.
What I meant is: Mantra of pain have a low cooldown, thats why u can heal each 4-5 seconds.
Your heal skill will give you 2,7k health for the CHARGE+ 2×2,7k for the heal skill itself
Also each 20 seconds you will get more 2,7k using mantra of resolve.

Gate of Madness

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shrrek.4357

Shrrek.4357

ooo i see now, thx for clarifying my doubt.

in Mesmer

Wraith.4103

Great video! Really nice to see how you handle a thief.

Heres one with torment runes pos patch I said was recording:

3 more thieves for you lolz

Gate of Madness