Feedback/Mimic not Reflecting Barrage

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Essentially what the title says they work against direct fire such as rapid fire or bullets. But when it comes to AOE barrage type attacks from either arrow carts or rangers. It just completely DOES NOT WORK. Is anyone else seeing this? Is it a bug? Or do the barrage type skills not count as projectiles. I would figure that they would because you know its ARROWS which last I checked were physical projectiles. Anyone have this issue or ways to deal with it as a player?

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

Barrage indeed does not count as a projectile skill. Generally speaking, if it isn’t a projectile combo finisher, it can’t be reflected. Mob skills are more tricky, just have to learn from trial and error.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

Yeah like I have blocked Some weird stuff like the risen Acolyte auto attack works. I wonder why a barrage of projectiles don’t count though. I wonder if they couldn’t code them as projectiles and that’s why… Idk its just really frustrating when you have a feedback bubble on an icebrood hunter and it doesnt work.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

That’s not all it doesn’t reflect. Also dredges earth attack isn’t reflected but is by guardian reflects. There’s many other projectiles i notices feedback doesn’t reflect over the time but don’t remember them-.-. And sup with mimic? Even if you reflect something reflectable, you always take damage from first attack… I would use it on shaman in fotm but if he hits you with agony you’re taking damage instead of reflecting the thing.

Also, in ascalonian fractal archers with fiery attacks can bounce off of guardian reflects but not feedback/mimic? Anet, fix these two or at least tell us that guardian reflects are true reflect skills and mesmer ones are wannabes.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

And I just got in an argument with a bunker guardian that said mesmers are to OP because he lost one fight. :/ He seriously raged in Guild Chat for so long and I tried to be as nice and polite as I could. Yet he wouldn’t listen just keep saying that we all just need canned.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

A projectile attack is any attack that moves through the air towards its final position. Most ground targeted woes are no projectiles, with a few exceptions like lupicus.

There are only 2 ranged weapons in the game that don’t count as projectiles, being Mesmer greatsword and necro axe. In the case of the greatsword, even mirror blade does not count as a projectile, despite the projectile combo finisher on it.

Barrage is a GTAoE, and not a projectile, and so will not be reflected.

Any projectiles that have been reflected one can not be reflected or blocked a second time.

Mimic works a bit differently, and I have explained that in depth multiple times, so go ahead and search for it if you want more info.

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

Tried searching for it and couldn’t find anything you posted. If you could link it I would appreciate it. But I get the idea of why neither reflect barrage because the arrows don’t count as projectiles I just found it weird. But for the most part I know on mimic you have to tank some of the first damage but then it reflects the other projectiles. And Im not sure but I think it also blocks melee even if it doesn’t say it but only after you absorb the first projectile. I haven’t looked to see if a guardian put aegis up on me at the same time.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Alright. Keep in mind, I updated the wiki a while ago with this information as well, so always remember to check the wiki if you need information.

Mimic: take full damage and any conditions or cc attached to the first projectile attack you receive. All subsequent projectile attacks for the duration of the channel will be reflected in full, and any melee attacks received will be completely blocked. I have not tested the blocks with retaliation on block trait.

After the channel finishes, the icon will be replaced with a different one called echo, and this allows you to throw the first projectile attack you received back at a target of your choice.

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

Yeah I knew that one about the echo. I just wish that the Echo had the full POWER that came from the first projectile. It would be awesome to store a projectile that hit you for 6K from say Aldus Stormbringer in HOTW and then use it in a later fight on ginva the butcher or one of those annoying icebrood jerks that come up during that fight.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wise.8025

Wise.8025

Only direct damage projectiles can be reflected and many things you might consider to be projectiles are not considered projectiles by ANet. Somebody said before that basically if it doesn’t have a projectile finisher it probably isn’t a projectile, this is basically true.

This makes feedback and reflection in general a much more insignificant mechanic. If it were to reflect all incoming projectiles it would also become incredibly strong when used in the right situation. Unfortunately because mesmer has the keys to a lot of refection skills this is not likely to ever happen.

Had somebody tell me mimic could be used in Fractals to reflect and return agony back onto the bosses. I have tried to use mimic several times and always found that it was lacking even when used properly. Feedback at least creates a combo field, but is lacking due to it only having a half life with all glamours being bugged to last only half of their duration.

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

Yet mesmers are still whined about for being OP -_-

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: AVHero.7382

AVHero.7382

Any projectiles that have been reflected one can not be reflected or blocked a second time.

Just wanted to say this is not entirely true. In FOTM, the Jade Colossi reflect projectiles. As a scepter user, I have frequently used my 1 to launch a projectile at them, and hit 2 immediately. When the projectile I launched is reflected back at me, I then block it with my 2, and a clone is summoned as well as the jade Colossus taking damage. So reflected projectiles CAN be blocked. I’m not sure if this is always the case, but it is in this situation.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Just wanted to say this is not entirely true. In FOTM, the Jade Colossi reflect projectiles. As a scepter user, I have frequently used my 1 to launch a projectile at them, and hit 2 immediately. When the projectile I launched is reflected back at me, I then block it with my 2, and a clone is summoned as well as the jade Colossus taking damage. So reflected projectiles CAN be blocked. I’m not sure if this is always the case, but it is in this situation.

I should have been a bit more clear. A reflected projectile can no longer be blocked or reflected as a projectile. It still can be blocked by aegis-style effects. I have not tested whether or not a projectile destruction field like swirling winds will destroy it.

To everyone else in this thread spreading that incorrect scrap of info that projectile=anything with a projectile finisher: Stop. You are all completely wrong. Any attack that moves through the air is considered a projectile for the purposes of a reflect. That is it.

As far as reflecting agony goes, you can reflect the attack, such as at the flame shaman or mossman, but the agony doesn’t seem to tick. You can see the condition icon for a split second before it disappears.