Feedback Skill Glitch?

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daimerous.9652

Daimerous.9652

I have an issue with the skill Feedback. I have cast it multiple times with it porting me to the location where it lands. This has happened more than once and it is really annoying. I wouldn’t mind in PvE, but in WvW, it is horrible. I was in a huge battle with at least 30 people on each side of a bridge. I went in and cast Feedback, only to be ported right in the middle of the other team. I don’t understand why it does this. Is this a glitch, or is it somehow reflecting some other person’s teleport at me? Any help would be great.

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Omen.4796

Omen.4796

Sounds more like Mesmer into the void, thief scorpion wire or guardian binding blades to be honest. You might be right, but I’ve never heard of it happening to anyone I know. I can’t find any bug reports that have involved feedback doing this.

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Daimerous.9652

I definitely isn’t a guardian. It is a teleport from over a 1200 distance. Same on the scorpion wire, this is instant and I teleport. And I use the into the void all the time, and that is the same as the others. I can really only remember this happening in WvW and sPvP. Like I said, it has happened more than once, and 2 times within 20min just today. I wish I could get Anet on this one.

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Baa.4582

Baa.4582

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

happened to me a lot too, especially since the latest patch.got portaled outside the tower right in the middle of 40+ enemies XD

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

It’s reflecting back a Neccromancer’s Dark Path. Normally it teleports them to you when it hits you, but if you reflect it back, you get to teleport to them.

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Daimerous.9652

Thanks Captain Unusual, that helped out a lot. Was so confused why it was happening, especially at such long distances.

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Harbinger.9645

Harbinger.9645

How do bugs like this make it through testing…assuming they did some.

Cynaptix-Mesmer(80)
Member of Gamers With Jobs(GWJ)
From the Northern Shiver Peaks

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dan.8709

Dan.8709

I think it’s working as intended and tbh it even makes me want to make a necro to surprise some of my fellow mesmers :p

Daniel Cousland – Darkhaven

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tanek.5983

Tanek.5983

I think it’s working as intended and tbh it even makes me want to make a necro to surprise some of my fellow mesmers :p

It does make for an interesting Feedback counter. I know I’d be shocked.

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Daimerous.9652

The problem I see is that it doesn’t have a distance limit. I can cast feeback at max range and then run out say really far, and then get ported into the huge group and instakilled. If it had a limit on range, then I would be more ok with it.

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

The problem I see is that it doesn’t have a distance limit. I can cast feeback at max range and then run out say really far, and then get ported into the huge group and instakilled. If it had a limit on range, then I would be more ok with it.

That would mean nerfing Feedback, not Dark Path, just saying.

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Harbinger.9645

Harbinger.9645

Wonder if this is happening with other reflection abilities like the guardians wall or our Mirror heal/reflection on distortion trait.

Cynaptix-Mesmer(80)
Member of Gamers With Jobs(GWJ)
From the Northern Shiver Peaks

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tanek.5983

Tanek.5983

That would mean nerfing Feedback, not Dark Path, just saying.

“The projectile can hit from a longer range than indicated. However, if cast from longer range, it will not track and you will not fully teleport to the target.”

What if it just took this and applied it in the other direction? You have to be within 900 of the necro to get ported over.

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Daimerous.9652

I am asking for a limit on the range my mesmer gets ported. I say no more than 1200 instead of over 2000 that happens to me all the time.

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dan.8709

Dan.8709

That’s reasonable and I agree with, that way the necromancer will have to be quick about it and we too to try to run away.

Daniel Cousland – Darkhaven

(edited by Dan.8709)

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Posted by: DjinnVirus.8342

DjinnVirus.8342

This teleport thing has started happening to me, its annoying

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

It’s not a bug. You throw a reflect up on a castle wall and someone shoots it with an arrow then they get hit and the damage is attributed to you, no matter your range. Similarly, if a Mesmer shoots a Reflect bubble with Magic Bullet it bounces back to them and they take the effect as if you had shot it.

It stands to reason that if a Necro’s claw hits a bubble it becomes yours, so when it hits them you get the teleport effect. It’s an interesting counter to one of our more potent skills.

The reason it happens to Mesmers more than others is because we get an enemy targeted reflect, we cast it within our enemies. Other classes either protect themselves or have a short range.

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Anyone know if the lack of line-of-sight (LoS) stops this from happening?

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

How does a necro not have LoS to himself?

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Xavi.6591

No I mean if you throw Feedback on a necro then move out of LoS of the necro before he casts Dark Path, will you still be teleported?

Example
We were fighting a zerg that was inside the Lord’s room in Hills with our zerg just outside the door an on the bridge. A couple of times I did cast Feedback and got teleported into their zerg and killed. After that I did try casting Feedback and then ran around the outside out of line-of-sight and I don’t recall if I got teleported or not. Maybe the necro didn’t cast Dark Path while my Feedback was up. Or maybe because I was out of LoS, I didn’t get teleported?

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kazhiel.8194

Kazhiel.8194

I know that range doesn’t make any difference, no matter how far you’ll still get teleported, not real sure about LoS.

Edit: We can test this later in spvp if you want.

Jalliel [AI] – Yak’s Bend

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Dastion.3106

LoS doesn’t matter to the Necro because it’s not HIS dark path you’re worried about. Even if you run out of LoS he may be throwing his Dark Path at one of your allies or even empty space. As soon as it hits your feedback field it becomes YOUR Dark Path, and Reflects ignore the normal LoS rules (otherwise throwing a feed back bubble up on a wall would be worthless).

The mechanic works. Use it to your advantage. Here’s a trick I used last night when I noticed a medium sized group was using this trick frequently.

-Drop Portal
-Cast Feedback
-Cast Mass Invis
-Get yanked in
-Drop other end if portal
-Invis Allies funnel in.

That’ll teach’em to go Mesmer fishing. Now, I wonder if the same trick would work with keeps…

(edited by Dastion.3106)

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Xavi.6591

Ha, funny.

/15 char

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

LoS doesn’t matter to the Necro because it’s not HIS dark path you’re worried about. Even if you run out of LoS he may be throwing his Dark Path at one of your allies or even empty space. As soon as it hits your feedback field it becomes YOUR Dark Path, and Reflects ignore the normal LoS rules (otherwise throwing a feed back bubble up on a wall would be worthless).

The mechanic works. Use it to your advantage. Here’s a trick I used last night when I noticed a medium sized group was using this trick frequently.

-Drop Portal
-Cast Feedback
-Cast Mass Invis
-Get yanked in
-Invis Allies funnel in.

That’ll teach’em to go Mesmer fishing. Now, I wonder if the same trick would work with keeps…

I know you’re joking but I love the way you think! This means this exploit could be abused both ways, thus making it “fair”. Sure, a necro could pull in a mesmer but that mesmer could pull 20 friends with them! I honestly want to spread this around to everyone, just to shake up the meta in WvW!

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Dastion.3106

-Drop Portal
-Cast Feedback
-Cast Mass Invis
-Get yanked in
-Invis Allies funnel in.

I know you’re joking but I love the way you think! This means this exploit could be abused both ways, thus making it “fair”. Sure, a necro could pull in a mesmer but that mesmer could pull 20 friends with them! I honestly want to spread this around to everyone, just to shake up the meta in WvW!

That was my point exactly. As the ‘trick’ for Necros spreads around, we simply counter it by spreading the portal trick. If Necros are able to pull Mesmers into keeps with it then that offers some extreme possibilities… especially if someone was to have a necro on the inside…

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Thorment.7945

Thorment.7945

I’ll test this tommorrow.

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mona.4576

Mona.4576

This is starting to happen more and more every day, and if it happens with Blink on cool down I’m dead 9 times out of 10.

Does any other class have a ranged ability where using it becomes a serious risk?

Example in case any body wants to see.
http://youtu.be/wazfoJXC2Do?t=2m29s

(edited by Mona.4576)

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Does any other class have a ranged ability where using it becomes a serious risk?

What about the classes that throw a pull into a Feedback and get pulled to you instead?

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Dastion.3106

What about the classes that throw a pull into a Feedback and get pulled to you instead?

Name one.

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

This is starting to happen more and more every day, and if it happens with Blink on cool down I’m dead 9 times out of 10.

Example in case any body wants to see.
http://youtu.be/wazfoJXC2Do?t=2m29s

not with blink but with sword 3rd skill on mesmer yeah i think, but maybe you get teleported to the illusion as it becomes YOUR w/e skill is called

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Name one.

Thief and Necro got a 1200 range projectile pull skill. Funnily enough, it’s the two classes that got a projectile “teleport to” skill too :p

Feedback Skill Glitch?

in Mesmer

Dastion.3106

Name one.

Thief and Necro got a 1200 range projectile pull skill. Funnily enough, it’s the two classes that got a projectile “teleport to” skill too :p

Okay I see what you mean, I don’t know why but I was thinking you meant a skill that teleports an enemy to you, not a pull. That’s a trick I uses to like using on the undead with anchors in Orr :P

Even so, it’s still a bit of a different situation – we’re talking about casting a reflect skill being a detriment to the Mesmer. While someone could try to scorpion wire into a reflect in order to close a gap, they are also knocking themselves down, and it’s still their choice to do so, it’s different than someone choosing to pull the Mesmer to them via the Mesmer’s reflect, especially in WvW.

Though, for the record, I’m okay with it so long as it doesn’t allow for exploits/cross faction tactics. It wouldn’t surprise me at all to see people with alt Thieves/Necros in enemy servers using this to allow for portal ganks.