Feedback and positioning?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ophidimancer.2074

Ophidimancer.2074

Something I’ve been wondering and not gotten a chance to test, but is Feedback only and internal reflect or will it also reflect projectiles from outside it’s area of effect and protect people inside the bubble? Will it reflect projectiles coming at me if both the mob and I are outside the area but on opposite sides of the bubble?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ojimaru.8970

Ojimaru.8970

Yes to all the above

in Mesmer

Ophidimancer.2074

Thank you! I assume then, that if you’re in the bubble with an enemy, it can shoot you?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ojimaru.8970

Ojimaru.8970

No, if both are dancing in the bubble, the projectiles will still reflect (and cause Confusion due to combo fields)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

One great thing I’ve learned recently is Feedback doesn’t need a target or line-of-sight. With some practice, you can cast it in front of you and stand in it for projectile protection. You can also use it on WvWers whom abuse the mesmer “fix” that doesn’t allow mesmers to attack those whom can still hit them.

in Mesmer

Ophidimancer.2074

Feedback doesn’t need a target? Are you sure? Because I know I can’t cast it without a target.

in Mesmer

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

Feedback doesn’t need a target? Are you sure? Because I know I can’t cast it without a target.

No, it definitely lets you cast it without a target, it’ll just appear a little ways directly infront of where you’re facing.

Dragonbrand

in Mesmer

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Feedback is awesome if you can drop it on a target in a bottleneck (like a tunnel or gate in WvW). It’s instant satsifaction because it blocks all those projectiles from the other side of the choke point.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Mesmer

Posted by: tehsmooth.7493

tehsmooth.7493

feedback is awesome for alot of reasons, its a good combo field, it totaly counters anything that spams projectiles at you , you can combo with it yourself (pistol3,4,5, greatsword 2,4, staff2)

when i see a ranger and know hes playing longbow/shortbow only i will use my greatsword for 4-feedback-2 go to pistol/sword 5-3-3-2-shatter-4 and let my phantasm unload, dodge for xtra clone, shatter those, back to greatsword to finish off , or stay in s/p

all in all , if feedback works and you can combo with it against someone, you will most likely win.

(edited by tehsmooth.7493)