Feedback on Illusions traits changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

So far I think most of the changes are good, aside from some numbers tweaks. But I have encountered two somewhat concerns looking through the Illusions line.

• I think Phantasmal Haste and Compounding Power should be swapping spots. Compounding Power is a way stronger trait and is more important than Phantasmal Haste for a shatter build. Even for PvE it would fit better this way (although in the grandmaster line you wouldn’t have the BEST choice for PvE than previous way of making builds).
  • Not only that but also the master and grandmaster trait choices seem very limited for power shatter. You don’t really have a choice: you choose Phantasmal Haste and Master of Fragmentation while the adept line all have good traits that will be a hard choice to choose from which is not necessary a bad thing but considering the two other lines it feels like too many good traits have been put in the same line and not enough in the others.
  • We are missing Illusionary Invigoration which is a very strong and good trait. To be honest I think it should replace Blinding Befuddlement as a grandmaster trait. If you are going for condi shatter, you will most likely choose Maim the Disillusioned anyway. There isn’t much for Glamour build into Illusions, only side traits to go for just to get this Blinding Befuddlement. I don’t think the trait should be completely eliminated but it seems to not have it’s place.
    I know Jon Peters has taken note of it and they will go back on this. In my opinion this is how it should be implemented. I also know that Robert Gee mentionned that we have a signet that has the same purpose – but that signet has a 30s higher cooldown (trait 60s – signet 90s) difference and it is not worth taking over our stunbreaks or third utility. It also has a cast time while the trait doesn’t. Maybe if the signet’s cooldown was changed to the same as the trait plus lowering the cast time and added a stunbreak on it, it would be worth taking. Otherwise I hope this trait comes back.
mouth too blunt, truth too loud

(edited by Kitta.3657)

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Yeah they really screwed the pooch for power shatter mesmers in illusions. I mean we are all still going to go into the line. But with the current master traits. We could not choose anything in that trait spot, and we wouldn’t notice game play wise

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

bump, would like to gain more attention to this. I think my suggestions are balanced for the whole class in multiple gamemodes and are the way to make illusions line more logical.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Another thing – Sum of all Fears

This looks awful – anyone playing a condition build taking illusion line would very likely take Scepter, and therefore take the scepter trait. Only exception I can think of is something like GS+Staff or Sw/P/T+Staff MtD shatter – but even then scepter would be a better choice.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

If Sum of all Fears didn’t have that ICD, I could see it “not sucking” as it could synergize well with the various sources of Confusion … especially Dueling giving confusion on both Mesmer and Illusion crits. It’d make an iDuelist apply several stacks of bleed, confusion, and a little bit of torment for each confusion >= 5 it applied.. That combined with Confusing images from Scepter would be pretty mean … like eating a full condi rotation from a Perplex Thief or Condi Engi does now.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.