Feedback skill n00b question

in Mesmer

Posted by: Genthar.4029

Genthar.4029

Sorry for the basic question, but the description of the Feedback skill confuses me.

Does this skill reflect projectiles that the enemy fires? e.g. I drop it on an enemy archer, and he ends up shooting himself? (This would be nice and seems to make the most sense from a gameplay standpoint. But, I don’t think this is what it does, at least in my very limited Mesmer experience)

Or does it reflect external projectiles? e.g. I drop it on an enemy, and now nobody can shoot him? (this makes the least sense gamewise, but seems to be the way the text reads?)

Can someone please enlighten this n00b Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sinergy.6374

Sinergy.6374

Drop it on a zerg and watch the numbers fly. But yes used it on a ranged enemy and he will end up shooting himself.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Doesn’t work on siege weapons though but it is awesome to drop on a zerg and watch them kill themselves. Makes me laugh every time. It is targeted so you have to target someone first before using it.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: Supersun.4603

Supersun.4603

Reflect projectiles trying to go out AND in.

If you drop it on a ranger and the ranger is trying to shoot outside the bubble then they will be reflected back at him.

Likewise if a warrior on your team is attacking that ranger from inside the bubble and other enemies are trying to shoot him from outside the bubble their projectiles will be reflected as well.

Feedback has no effect on your allies shots (besides acting as a ethereal combo field and adding confusion to your allies projectiles)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ironvos.9014

Ironvos.9014

Add in some confusion glamour traits and you’ve got a very nice AOE

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Also, the skill creates a sphere of projectile reflecting space. An enemy inside the skill attacking someone else who is also inside the skill will have their projectiles reflected. Projectiles don’t have to actually cross the border of the shell to get reflected.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Genthar.4029

Genthar.4029

Got it! I suspected that’s what it was supposed to do, but the description was confusing, and I haven’t gotten around to any serious testing with it.

Thanks everyone!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shinigami.5932

Shinigami.5932

I was eager to double check this, I just grabbed the inspiration trait that makes the bubble whenever you’re reviving allies. Pretty kitten awesome for wvw.

Aizen San

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shinigami.5932

Shinigami.5932

Actually one question, so it only works if someone is inside it, if your enemy is attacking with the dome between him and the target it won’t do anything?

Aizen San

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alberel Leonhart.9640

Alberel Leonhart.9640

Actually one question, so it only works if someone is inside it, if your enemy is attacking with the dome between him and the target it won’t do anything?

If the projectile crosses the effect of the AOE it will be reflected. So an attacker outside the effect attacking a player (also outside) on the other side of it would also have it reflected.

In simpler terms forget about the players and just look at the projectile itself. If it travels within the circle of the AOE at any point it is reflected.

(edited by Alberel Leonhart.9640)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Somna.5168

Somna.5168

Shinigami: Incorrect. If an enemy outside fires into the dome, they get smacked by their own projectile attack.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tweek.3190

Tweek.3190

Also, the skill creates a sphere of projectile reflecting space. An enemy inside the skill attacking someone else who is also inside the skill will have their projectiles reflected. Projectiles don’t have to actually cross the border of the shell to get reflected.

Nice, didn’t know this before. ^^

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rannug.2731

Rannug.2731

Good info here.. thanks folks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vexien.4790

Vexien.4790

Also, just so you know, don’t do this…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaGw1DOzQhE

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Also, just so you know, don’t do this…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaGw1DOzQhE

That is not what happens with dagger storm. I don’t entirely know what happened in that video, but feedback is the best tool in the game to instantly shut down a dagger storm.