Feel Guilty When Playing a Phantasm Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

I don’t know how many other people feel this way. Hotjoin is the fastest way to accumulate rank and glory points even compared to tPvP not to mention that points acquired from tournaments somehow inexplicably don’t count towards the PvP Conqueror title. And for hotjoins I get the maximum points using my phantasm mesmer which can easily beat any 1v1 player who comes up against me.

The problem is I feel guilty when I beat guardians, warriors, eles, necros etc with so much ease. I feel that these guys are playing skillfully, sometimes lasting a surprisingly long time and me…I just run around spawning phantasms, stealthing, blocking, and being invulnerable. I ocassionaly feel they deserved to win due to their level of play but were simply hamstrung by the fact that they were up against a phantasm mesmer.

Sometimes I fight engineers who really put up a fight. They blind, regenerate health quickly and it’s obvious they’re doing a lot to stay alive but eventually they fall, unable to keep up with my damage output. I get a lot of points in hotjoin this way usually being the top player if everything goes well.

Isnt’ this kind of…cheap? I can even decimate so called “1v1 stars” like thieves in seconds. 10 seconds is a long fight with a thief and they’re usually on the ground or have run by the end of that.

I’m going to do whatever it takes to get max rank points so I doubt if I’ll change from a phantasm mes, but…does anyone else feel the way I do?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Phantasm builds make me feel dirty, so I went with a kamakazi clone build to be more of an kitten hole about it....

That being said, phantasmal defender is SO STRONG because its effect spreads to all your phantasms too, AND forces the enemy to eat retal damage each time they hurt you or your allies.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dest.7410

Dest.7410

If you’re talking about spvp, mesmers are practically one of the two moast ‘OP’ professions to play as, the other being the thief. Reason behind this is their ability to confuse. Add to that the heavy burst damage a mesmer can dish out in a short amount of time and you got a very strong build.

However I play full power phantasm kittenmesmer in spvp and I don’t ‘feel dirty’
When someone loses to a mesmer (if he’s good enough to not get stomped that is, which is the case of the people you’ve described) it’s mainly because he’s fuddled up at some point. A well-played thief/ele/necro/guard will almost always force a mesmer to retreat (if not kill kim)

But-and this is a huge but- mesmers have developed a fame for themselves as being ‘hard to kill’ and ‘OP’, therefore people usually expect to lose the moment they face a mesmer. This causes a lot of mistakes, esp when they are facing a phantasm mesmer.

The only class I feel bad/avoid killing in spvp is the warrior, mainly because they can usually do next to nothing about it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I feel like I need to start a class on how to fight Mesmers. Phantasms aren’t hard to deal with. In fact sometimes I outright ignore them because it’s fairly easy to dodge their one attack every 5 seconds.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaidax.7835

Gaidax.7835

I run Phantasm in hotjoins. Honestly, 80% of the people there don’t even know what are they doing…

I mean, I had 1v2 just recently – warrior and some other dude who dropped like a stone (I think it was ranger). So I just roflstomped both of them and then the ranger dude started whining at the warrior in /s “OMG, why didn’t you revive me?” and that warrior answered “How do I do that?”.

I mean… yeah… those two totally deserved to win there, right?

And there are a lot of those, really… Tons of rangers with enough brain capacity to only spam #1, warriors who just flail around with 100b randomly, people who run full Zerker “cuz dommage good!” who just fall apart in seconds, people who are mentally incapable of disengaging, thieves who think that Shadow Refuge is the ultimate escape and then just find themselves on their kitten after Illusionary Wave.

Heck, even when they do kill me it’s often filled with fail – like a couple of guys chasing me across the whole map for a minute, while their points are being happily capped meanwhile. Really…

People who are actually good won’t be dying easily. The build is strong, but there are plenty equally strong other builds out there.

There are some good eles who can really give you a lot of trouble and are basically unkillable because they can disengage fast with you having no chance to catch them unless they want you to catch them.

Heavy condition Engineers are the end of me, if the guy is good – I’m either toast or running for hills.

Other than that I sometimes meet people who are giving a really good fight.

So yeah, phantasm spec is really powerful 1v1, no doubt there, but GOOD players will come with GOOD specs too and you will not be beating them easily, that’s for sure. The problem is that there are not many of those good players out there.

in Mesmer

Posted by: vodkatanya.6579

vodkatanya.6579

I am fairly new to the game and just hit 80 yesterday. I have been mostly trying to pick builds based on surviving. I have liked the staff and sword torch, just because there are so many defensive options on these. Mostly I just run around in circles with the staff and clones, just slowly burning down the mobs. It works but seems slow. Now that I am trying out Cursed Shore, the time it takes to kill a mob is becoming obvious, and dangerous.

I just read up on the phantasm build by Skoteinos in the build sticky, but am curious to what others are using. It seems to be glass cannon. What other options weapon wise work for a phantasm build? Dodge clones seem great for staying alive, but the damage seems so small.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Archer.1658

Archer.1658

It’s a strong 1v1 build. However, you are just playing hotjoin hero, I’ve spanked multiple phant builds using shatter for example.

Çookies – Mesmer – [GF]/Ebay
Everyone is bad but me.
Anet ruined Gw2.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sergoros.4398

Sergoros.4398

Actualy, i dont get what the difference between skillfully attacking and skillfully defending. When u fight strong enemy – u should read his attk to kite him perfectly, 1-2 mistakes – and u fail and he roflstomps u. Arent u skillfully managing your phantasms? Arent u skillfuly kiting your enemy? Phant mesmer using as much as his class can give him. U have to manage your dodge. U have to be ready to press your stun breakers in right time. U have to place your phantoms right, or they die from aoe instantly. So… If u roflstomp enemy – its their fault. They have not enough skill. Also. Defending allways easier, than attking. But it leaves us with no burst. So its easier for enemy to disengage. Or to survive and cap the point. While u still trying to put your dps to work.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

This build really can take anything on 1v1 and will come out in top unless your tottaly inept.

It’s easy win 1v1 for the most part even against good players, it is comparable to BM roam ranger, and P/D thief (although P/D thief takes some skill). Sounds like cheese right? yes! Well… no! Ok kinda. It suffers a lot in team fights it’s either hard focused hard or in the long run won’t do enough to the one guy they decide to pick on, and don’t contribute very much in the long run which can be a non issue in hot join since people usually just want to fight to the death and don’t care to much about points and just wanna kill or duel. (Not that there’s anything wrong with just wanting to kill or duel <3)

Competitive t-pvp this really, really isn’t all that viable unless it’s a niche team since there are arguably more valuable participants to win a 5v5, also the solo queue has a lot of them since people seem to play solo queue a lot for the I and less for the team.

It’s balanced for the meta but if your going to duel it’s pretty broken.

I do wish there was a more skillful way to implement phant as a build because it really doesn’t take much right now, and nerfing it would just make it a useless build.

Really I only would feel dirty dueling with it.

Anyone out there who duels with it and thinks they are good are pretty dumb. The build is designed to 1v1 easily and doing so means you are just doing your job to fulfill the balance/roll to break stalemates or 1/2/2 three caps when the 1 is out skilling all your guys, so there is a chance for a come back without sending 2 to far point.

The lack of skill required to play it, and how you can pretty much tunnel vision your bar and win with it aside. I think it’s ok for it’s propose. Duelists who use it and think they are good need to take their training wheels off and actually not fight with the god tier easy mode 1v1 build.

I really only condone this build against certain other builds that share the same purpose. Kinda like a BM roamer thinking he’s awesome and then putting him in his place with your own easy mode über tier 1v1 build.

I will never run this in a duel otherwise. < I may in tPvP if our 5v5 calls for it in a niche team.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Mesmer

Sergoros.4398

Guess u didnt fight good thiefs, rangers or enginers, when u allways 1 step from death and only perfect managing saves your kitten from death.

Wars would have no chance. Yes. I dont c much chance for necro or ele. But well…thats how this game balance works. At least ele can easily diengage, or survive long enough to make your efforts futile. Ah yes…i would put guard somewhere between wars and eles in their chances.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

The only thing that can be remotely difficult using this (talking 1v1) is setting up. If your opponent is good with blinds/dazes or someting, and knows how to evade the first few phants from coming up, your in a bad spot. This can be avoided though.

Other then that, when it’s set up, your done.

I find it fun to use in tPvP, but do feel a bit cheap when dueling, so I try to avoid that. Nerfing it would be a shame, because this build is not breaking the meta in any way. Any good bunker can often survive long enough for, god forbid, help to arrive. 2v1 this build melts quickly. So it’s useful mostly for things described by the poster above me, and there are lots of builds that can do those things, often more effective (by moving faster for instance).

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Mesmer

Daishi.6027

Actualy, i dont get what the difference between skillfully attacking and skillfully defending. When u fight strong enemy – u should read his attk to kite him perfectly, 1-2 mistakes – and u fail and he roflstomps u. Arent u skillfully managing your phantasms?#1 Arent u skillfuly kiting your enemy?#2 Phant mesmer using as much as his class can give him. U have to manage your dodge.#3 U have to be ready to press your stun breakers in right time.#4 U have to place your phantoms right, or they die from aoe instantly.#5 So… If u roflstomp enemy – its their fault. They have not enough skill. Also. Defending allways easier, than attking. But it leaves us with no burst. So its easier for enemy to disengage. Or to survive and cap the point. While u still trying to put your dps to work.#6

1. Not really. Phants are cheap, easy to summon and if you are building right they will not die, and even if your building wrong they will still come up quickly hit hard and even if they aren’t super tanky they still take a bit to drop. Illusion signet alone will keep them up if you have no toughness, if you pop two fairly fast because by the time one is down the 2nd will take the buff and by the time that drops 2 will take its place. So skillfully managing in a 1v1 scenario that the build is designed for no it’s management is minimal.

2. Your doing this as a mesmer no matter what build your running, and even less skillful since you don’t even need to put out all that much damage while doing it, blurred fenzy doesn’t even need to be used as anything other than invuln, you don’t need to manage your attacks with any sort of block, he’ll if the guys not even attacking you, you could just stand there and win and keep pumping out more phants.

3. I talked about being inept in my previous post. Now it’s kind of harsh but this is what I’m talking about. No one of any decent skill level will not know how to doge, any player not doing this will die and is pretty much the standard. Is like saying “I can walk” unless you have some sort of illness or are crippled in some way, this should be a basic function.

But lets talk about your opponent for a second 3 phants 1 doge they attack every max 8.7 seconds to – 3.3 seconds depending on the phant. Now that’s 3 of them doing this. For arguments sake lets say 2 duelists and a warlock, so that’s 5.57s and 2x 5.4s untrained every what we’ll call a round. (One cycle of phants attacking) lets assume the average class has vigor plus a block on a long c/d

Even if you could doge two of the attacks hitting consecutively one after the other somthing is going to land. And even lasting after the last shot with your block do you really think they can recover enough for the next round? And if the phants spread (which they will since they are designed to keep a certain distance.) the other guy is going to wish vigor stacked in intensity.

4. This really falls under the inept part again. Plus mesmers get A LOT of stun breakers.

5. This is a half truth, first of all there isn’t enough AoE that matters. And if you build yourself right, no actually they wont die that is a fact from personal experiance, I tested this vs other ele buddies. Although the partly true part is that yes if a staff ele drops his big AoE and your phants are in it they could, but you already have early momentum for the fight, once your phant is up and it will be. again phants are cheap and quick to get out. it won’t be long before the ele is overwhelmed. However in a team fight like I have said in my previous postings bad for team fights, and yes team fight AoE will break even tanky phants.

6. It does pretty much force people off of a point. If they run, and no it doesn’t give much to let people cap, anyone who goes to cap will just down and feed 5 points, There is no doubt about that. The lack of burst does hinder it, especially for team fights. But this is essentially its job. I agree that it is for this that it’s fairly balanced in a team fight, but for the most part no. 1v1 is not skillful. And I can understand why people feel dirty.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Well good, they can nerf it the same time they finally buff Phantasms and that Signet for WvW use. Give them scaling AE damage reduction with # of enemy targets in a 2k area or something like that, so I can actually use them in a group situation.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: drongas.4189

drongas.4189

from where this QQ about phantasmal mesmer? couple month ago phantasm been to, but 0 “bad word” about it.
yea phantasmal are strong, but not unbeatable, if u vs fight against bas player, u can win it and with rangers pet.
1 tip. wanna easy kill, start using blind and daze.

edit. smell like some1 wanna do another epic nerf

………..Gandara………..

I’m kill you’r bessies

(edited by drongas.4189)

in Mesmer

Posted by: theCOREYCOLAK.5698

theCOREYCOLAK.5698

The way I see it, Phantasm mesmers are OP. GS S/P and you’re laughing, because just one dodge won’t save you from eating the damage. Couple this with when I see people running sig. of illusion and defender, and you’ve got a powerful, tanky mofo.

However, like people have stated, this is a gimmicky 1v1 build, dueling servers are full of these mesmer that think they’re skillful, just refuse to fight these ones. I only ever play mesmers who are running shatter, or if they’re running a phant build in duels, only verse the ones that aren’t running defender + sig of illusions. Similar to a B ven. backstab thief, bullcharge HB warrior, and other similar gimmicky builds, they drop and do nothing for the team in the long run. Chances are you won’t find a single phant build in tPvP (if there is, it’ll probs just be a shatter/phant hybrid) as they offer nothing to group play.

If do duel one however, and are shatter, make sure you roll torch offhand for the blind. If you can blind them in their initial summon (most likely defender) they’re pretty much done for.

EDIT: Phant builds have only really become popular recently because of the dueling and stuff. I assure you, this is only a Flavour of the Month thing. It’ll be gone fairly quickly

Corey Goes Shatter (One Fabulous Mesmer)
Fort Aspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

Phant builds have been around forever. Nothing new.
I feel about as cheap as hgh engis, bm rangers, x/d eles, old backstab thieves, bunker guards… so basically everyone else with a clue. No I don’t feel cheap. I spent months playing a warrior. Did anyone else feel cheap while they stomped me? Doubt it. Play to win guys. Plus I have a couple of phant builds I settled on purely by myself and before all the hype, so I’m happy with that.

Which phant weapons do you prefer? Sw/sw and sw/pi for me, 10/30/0/25/5. Although 0/20/20/25/5 works surprisingly well as well, especially in wvw (swap sw/pi for staff).

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

As said above, it’s a 1v1 spec in a game which doesn’t do 1v1. It can potentially be useful for highwaymen-setups in WvW, but that’s a very borderline case.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: BossFi.6917

BossFi.6917

Decent players do tournaments now. I only use hotjoin to get a feel of a new build.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

You should not, a phantasm Mesmer is very strong for 1v1’s but it has no place in tpvp due to team fights.
This just means you’d be using it in hotjoins where the rules are completely different. But since other players are not bound by the same rules the Phantasm ends up not being the best at 1v1 either.
An example is: A Full burst Guardian hard counters a Phantasm Mesmer in 1v1 but a Phantasm hard counters Symbol DPS and Bunker Guardians. So yes, you are stronger against a larger variety of builds in a specific context and you should definitely play it if you want to.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

from where this QQ about phantasmal mesmer?

Is there any time people don’t complain about mesmers? If they nerf phantasms, rest assured that they’ll find something else to complain about. Probably shatters.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Mesmer

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

Is there any time people don’t complain? They’ll find something to complain about.

Fixed that for you :P

in Mesmer

Daishi.6027

from where this QQ about phantasmal mesmer? couple month ago phantasm been to, but 0 “bad word” about it.
yea phantasmal are strong, but not unbeatable, if u vs fight against bas player, u can win it and with rangers pet.

No one is QQing, that would imply people want it nerfed or changed. Frankly I think most people are fine where it’s at. Fits in the meta for what it needs to be, and can be great training wheels to people starting the class, and can be pretty good fun PvE. (Also counters smug BM roamers lolololol)

It’s more people who play mes analysis of phant who feel its easy win 1v1, which really it is but that’s not really a big deal.

You should not, a phantasm Mesmer is very strong for 1v1’s but it has no place in tpvp due to team fights.
This just means you’d be using it in hotjoins where the rules are completely different. But since other players are not bound by the same rules the Phantasm ends up not being the best at 1v1 either.
An example is: A Full burst Guardian hard counters a Phantasm Mesmer in 1v1 but a Phantasm hard counters Symbol DPS and Bunker Guardians. So yes, you are stronger against a larger variety of builds in a specific context and you should definitely play it if you want to.

I have to disagree, I have never EVER lost to any Guardian build as phant. From full burst to max bunk, now I don’t tPvP with this build so maybe I’ve not encountered a decent one, but I’d be willing to test.

(I don’t usually die against them kittenter either unless I completely dearp out and do something dumb like have a few beers and tunnel vision my hockey bar xD)

With all that said though. I do think builds like Phant build and BM Roam Ranger should be somehow more skillful to use, I wouldn’t call for a nerf for either but it’s very unlikely to out play either unless the user dearps pretty hard.

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Is there a specific Phant build are we talking about in general?

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Most are somewhere around 15 Dueling / 25 Inspiration / 5 Illusion as base, then they vary. The common variant is 10/30/0/25/5.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

I don’t know how many other people feel this way. Hotjoin is the fastest way to accumulate rank and glory points even compared to tPvP not to mention that points acquired from tournaments somehow inexplicably don’t count towards the PvP Conqueror title. And for hotjoins I get the maximum points using my phantasm mesmer which can easily beat any 1v1 player who comes up against me.

The problem is I feel guilty when I beat guardians, warriors, eles, necros etc with so much ease. I feel that these guys are playing skillfully, sometimes lasting a surprisingly long time and me…I just run around spawning phantasms, stealthing, blocking, and being invulnerable. I ocassionaly feel they deserved to win due to their level of play but were simply hamstrung by the fact that they were up against a phantasm mesmer.

Sometimes I fight engineers who really put up a fight. They blind, regenerate health quickly and it’s obvious they’re doing a lot to stay alive but eventually they fall, unable to keep up with my damage output. I get a lot of points in hotjoin this way usually being the top player if everything goes well.

Isnt’ this kind of…cheap? I can even decimate so called “1v1 stars” like thieves in seconds. 10 seconds is a long fight with a thief and they’re usually on the ground or have run by the end of that.

I’m going to do whatever it takes to get max rank points so I doubt if I’ll change from a phantasm mes, but…does anyone else feel the way I do?

What would you’re build look like?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

I’ve tried a phantasm build for hotjoin once and then I’ve changed back to my condition build. I’ve found that (even in hotjoin) it would be hard enough to even land the phantasm-cast properly (obstructed), and if I did land it, people wouldn’t care that much. Even with two phantasms (if able to get up two; usually my phantasms would get killed after getting their first hit off), the damage didn’t seem to be enough to make them break a sweat. That’s with a phantasm build and zerker amulet. Maybe I just was unlucky and I happened to land in a hotjoin match with pr0’s, though. To me, conditions are MUCH more reliable. Right; conditions. On a Mesmer. In PvP. Go figure how impressed I was by the phantasm build (maybe I’m just friggin pr0 with condi-mesmer, though… who knows! XD ).

in Mesmer

Sergoros.4398

1) If u just spam phants whenever they on cd ignoring what class or build your target is…ignoring landscape…well…u not gonna beat pro enemys. Unless u fighting a warrior.

2) So ye. Also. If u would play naked – kiting would be even more hard! I said, that without skill u have no chance to beat pro enemy. Thats problem with mesmers today. Some newbies come, read that phant mesmers op and start playing them…and u know what? They sux. They sux hard, cause u still have to do your best, to kill your enemy. If he is good in meta.

3)Same as 2. Yes. Every class need it. But if u can’t dodge – u dead. Thats what im talking about. What the difference? We have to pop out our skills right. We have to kite right. We have to dodge right. Same as any other skillful player. Thats entirely my point.

Now. About my opponent. Yes. He have to kite my 3 phants. But! Isnt he playing other class? I dont remember having 10 sec invis dome, or perma pet, that can heal me if im downed..I dont even remember having burning condition for use on my mesmer… Every class have their weak and strong points, and u dont have to tell me, that enemy have to kite 3 phants. They have other skills. Some stronger then mine. And some weaker.
I fought pro rangers, pro enginers and pro thiefs. They fight me evenly. Some of em have imba dodge. Some of em have imba heal and imba crow. Some of em have such good condi dps, that I have to run for my life.

4)Well…same as 2 and 3.

5) half truth is truth enough U dont allways place your phantoms wrong. But when u do…it sux.

6) Good ranger, ele, guard or engineer could focus on your phants and just survive and heal for a looong time.

U will kill him. Eventualy…but he would come again and point would be his again. And he will be a winner by score.

in Mesmer

Daishi.6027

I dunno what dearpy moves your doing, but if your losing 1v1 your doing something wrong. Stop tunnel visioning your mini map and get some competitive play in you. Lol jk

Tell you what let me 1v1 your pro friends as phant when I come back from my trip (18th or 19th maybe 20th since I may be out 19th and home late 18th) and I bet you I can no try win. If I can’t I’ll concede your point. But I have not lost a fight even against players from top teams, and I never try hard as phant. Only time I’d die as phant 1v1 would be shattering from habit or vs another phant build.

But until then I will not deceive others by condoning a easy mode 1v1 build for people to run around pretending they are good at dueling.

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

I play Phantasm mesmer from time to time. Not enough to feel guilty though.^^

I have another example which is pretty similar though:

Back when the D/D bunker ele was “OP” I usually used it for s/tPvP. After a while there were more and more D/D eles and people started calling it OP or called me a noob for using it. (I was definitely not the reason why they would call the build OP, don’t get me wrong here^^) Tbh I didn’t really care about what the others said back then because the build was fun for me. I did stop using it though since it was boring to use the same build for months. People will still call you a noob then even though you killed them with a completely different build. That’s just the way it is. People will always complain or call builds OP.

As long as it’s fun you shouldn’t care about what others say or if the build is considered OP. Just use it as long as you like. If the build would be that OP pretty much all the other players would use it as well.

in Mesmer

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

The real issue AGAIN is dumb people dont know how to track the real mesmer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: sistox.9624

sistox.9624

You either never played against good players, or you are really good. I can’t remember when was the last time I lost against a phantasm mesmer, it’s so previsible and can’t burst, I don’t find it “OP” ~~’

in Mesmer

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

the biggest issue is.. we are going to keep getting nerfed until the class is so bad that stupid people can beat us even when they cant figure out who the real mesmer is.

you cant buff anyone elses skill so you can only nerf our mechanic and it is the root mechanic of the class so nerfing traits wont even matter. the class itself will need to be taken apart until clones nolonger fool scrubs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

No one is QQing, that would imply people want it nerfed or changed. Frankly I think most people are fine where it’s at. Fits in the meta for what it needs to be, and can be great training wheels to people starting the class, and can be pretty good fun PvE. (Also counters smug BM roamers lolololol)

It’s more people who play mes analysis of phant who feel its easy win 1v1, which really it is but that’s not really a big deal.

I have to disagree, I have never EVER lost to any Guardian build as phant. From full burst to max bunk, now I don’t tPvP with this build so maybe I’ve not encountered a decent one, but I’d be willing to test.

(I don’t usually die against them kittenter either unless I completely dearp out and do something dumb like have a few beers and tunnel vision my hockey bar xD)

With all that said though. I do think builds like Phant build and BM Roam Ranger should be somehow more skillful to use, I wouldn’t call for a nerf for either but it’s very unlikely to out play either unless the user dearps pretty hard.

Well we can sure play against one another, but I have been practicing against top Mesmers for a while now just incase this build is viable in the future. Smite Condition on a burst Guard will one shot all illusions/phantasms within range. Auto-attacks will also two shot phantasms affected by the signet after the 10 seconds.
All other Guardian builds will not beat a Phantasm mesmer though, it’s purely because of that extra damage on the burst Guard that the phantasms can’t even attack you.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Castervania.3560

Castervania.3560

Hi, I’m Castervania Katsu, new in the forums and have only been playing for like two to tree weeks, and I agree playing a phantasm mesmer is boring there is nothing versatile, thats why I started playing confusion instead. I dont like just o stand there and let the phantasm do the work for me and if you are not shattering then you are not playing mesmer( best advise I ever heard).

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

in Mesmer

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

The OP mentions sPvP (hotjoins) everything else calling the build OP refer to it in duels. Not much to really discuss its a duel its hotjoins both of which don’t really matter much. Its not like its breaking the game.

Especially threads like this are why I hope Anet never makes a dueling mode because it will give voice talking about I can’t beat x 1v1 its OP. Everyone knows pretty much what the best dueling/small group builds there are and people usually bring those to duels this is for all classes.

Mesmer’s and thieves have long time been considered the best dueling classes in the game no matter what build you are running really because they have enough things to prepare for just about every classes and every build swap some utilities and there you go your ready.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Mesmer

Posted by: theCOREYCOLAK.5698

theCOREYCOLAK.5698

the biggest issue is.. we are going to keep getting nerfed until the class is so bad that stupid people can beat us even when they cant figure out who the real mesmer is.

you cant buff anyone elses skill so you can only nerf our mechanic and it is the root mechanic of the class so nerfing traits wont even matter. the class itself will need to be taken apart until clones nolonger fool scrubs.

Please! What’s skilful about popping iDefender, spamming invis iDuelists and iZerkers! Nothing at all. Then you get those people that go even further, opting for even more invis spam. Couple that with high toughness and vitality, and you’re running on auto-pilot.

Corey Goes Shatter (One Fabulous Mesmer)
Fort Aspenwood

in Mesmer

Sergoros.4398

I dunno what dearpy moves your doing, but if your losing 1v1 your doing something wrong. Stop tunnel visioning your mini map and get some competitive play in you. Lol jk

Tell you what let me 1v1 your pro friends as phant when I come back from my trip (18th or 19th maybe 20th since I may be out 19th and home late 18th) and I bet you I can no try win. If I can’t I’ll concede your point. But I have not lost a fight even against players from top teams, and I never try hard as phant. Only time I’d die as phant 1v1 would be shattering from habit or vs another phant build.

But until then I will not deceive others by condoning a easy mode 1v1 build for people to run around pretending they are good at dueling.

I had same opinion, untill i fought this guys. Sad, i dont have them as friends, just meet em once and fought some duels, but i have 1 decent thief friend, which one, i bet, could give u some trouble ).