First Raid Ascended Armor Set

in Mesmer

Posted by: silklash.6154

silklash.6154

I see on metabattle that mesmer has multiple variations and builds for raids depending on what raid it is.

I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations on what gear to recommend if I have only enough money so far for just one set? I like mesmer’s playstyle in pvp and am thinking of playing her more in PvE but can’t afford more than one ascended gear set. I’m hoping it’s something similar to tempest or PS war where one set’s enough for everything but so far it’s not looking likely

Thanks in advance!

silklash [HOPE]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Heyhey!

If you lack money, better don’t bother with an ascended armor at all. The stat difference between a full exotic Zerker armor and a full ascended Zerker armor is +20 power, +14 Precision and +14 Ferocit, in short: +1% dmg wich is as a Mesmer ~130 dps :‘D You won’t wipe because of that :P

What is important are ascended weapons, due to the increase of not only they stats by 5%, but also the weapon damage itself, wich basicly is a 5% dps increase. Phantasms also get a damage boost when you’ve equipped an ascended (main hand) weapon.
Trinkets are important aswell, since they get (unlike armor and weapons) a 10% stat boost from exo to ascended, instead of the common 5%.

If you also play fractals, I suggest to focus your ascended armor set on that rather than on raids, means you could think about a condi set for high (50+) fotm.

But to help you with your pick of stats, runes and sigils, I need some more information:

• Do you raid with a guild?
  • Do you solo or duo Chrono?
  • Do you play with Rev?

I’m watching this thread now, so I can respond faster

Greez!

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

silklash.6154

Thanks for the quick answer!

well, i have the money for one set, just not for two. I’m kinda an altaholic so it’s hard for me to spend more than 1 ascended set on a character :P.

For ascended weapon should I be getting berserkers?

For your questions:

1. mostly yes
2. solo
3. mostly yes, but i guess for this scenario assume not all the time (so assume no?)

silklash [HOPE]

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Hmm … that’s a really tough call there. If you or your team are rather new or when you have to completely solo (no rev) as Chrono, commander would be the choice.

However since you should always either have a 2nd Chrono or a Rev in a decent party, I’d not recommend to craft an ascended armor for suboptimal situations.

There’s also the question of how minmax and tryhard you want to become.

Either you go full zerk with full assassin armor wich is the cheapest version, or you go full zerk with chest, leggings and a ring assassin wich is the most flexible one later on, when you get multiple sets.

greez!

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

in Mesmer

silklash.6154

Can you explain how full zerker with chest, leggings, and a ring assassin is the most flexible?

silklash [HOPE]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Phantasms also get a damage boost when you’ve equipped an ascended (main hand) weapon.

When are rangers going to get this?

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Phantasms also get a damage boost when you’ve equipped an ascended (main hand) weapon.

?

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

When rangers pet stats depend on the stats of the ranger. Imagine, if you will, having to build full zerk to get the same damage from your bristleback or smokescale. That in order for your bear to be the meat shield it is then you must go full soldiers.

You’d like that right? No? Stop complaining then. At least your pet doesn’t disappear in a cloud of pink butterflies when the enemy dies!

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Can you explain how full zerker with chest, leggings, and a ring assassin is the most flexible?

Chest, leggings and ring are those with the highest stats, so they are utmost efficient at being swapped out for the biggest change.

If you swap those three from zerker to assassin, it’s like you replaced the whole armor from zerker to assassin while leaving the ring zerker in that case.

Yet an assassin ring is raid exclusive, wich makes it a bit less popular.

When rangers pet stats depend on the stats of the ranger. Imagine, if you will, having to build full zerk to get the same damage from your bristleback or smokescale. That in order for your bear to be the meat shield it is then you must go full soldiers.

You’d like that right? No? Stop complaining then. At least your pet doesn’t disappear in a cloud of pink butterflies when the enemy dies!

I’m pretty sure he meant it analogous to Mes and Engi: When the Ranger equips an ascended weapon, pets should deal 5% more damage.

He never mentioned anything about inheriting stats.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Chest, leggings and ring are those with the highest stats, so they are utmost efficient at being swapped out for the biggest change.

If you swap those three from zerker to assassin, it’s like you replaced the whole armor from zerker to assassin while leaving the ring zerker in that case.

Yet an assassin ring is raid exclusive, wich makes it a bit less popular.

I’m pretty sure he meant it analogous to Mes and Engi: When the Ranger equips an ascended weapon, pets should deal 5% more damage.

He never mentioned anything about inheriting stats.

Precisely. Of course, I wouldn’t be opposed with ranger pets inheriting stats from the ranger, so long as they inherit other things, like boons and food/utility buffs. Unlike mesmers, who can crap out phantasms almost endlessly, when a ranger’s pet dies in combat, swapping it out puts it on a hefty cooldown.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690