Fix iLeap CD

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aiwe.8371

Aiwe.8371

Sorry to insist, but its very very annoying that this repported bug since the release was not already fixed.

Illusionist celerity + Blade training must stack to put the iLeap CD at ~7sec.

Plz, dont forget us, 1h sword players !
(btw, thanks for the Mind Stab up)

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lunaroh.1406

Lunaroh.1406

+1
please, fix illusionary leap not hitting nor crippling the enemy on the first hit too

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

Posted by: SuburbanLion.8095

SuburbanLion.8095

It’s a bug with the tooltip, but Illusionist celerity + Blade training do stack.

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

Aiwe.8371

Ok, i was wrong, i will explain better.

iLeap CD = 12sec
9 sec with illusionist celerity ; 9 sec in the tooltip
12 sec with blade training !! ; 9 sec in the tooltip (trait’s not working)
9 sec with the two ; 9 sec in the tooltip (must be 7sec)

(edited by Aiwe.8371)

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Aiwe is right. Most of the weapon cooldown traits don’t show up in the tooltip, but they do actually work. However, this is not true for illusionary leap, where the blade training, whether with or without illusionists celerity, simply has no effect on that skill at all.

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

Posted by: crewthief.8649

crewthief.8649

How about they fix iLeap altogether? It’s been finicky since BWE.

< JADE QUARRY >
Zabroshan – 80 Guardian / Sorroe – 80 Mesmer
Hands Off My Octopus

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

How about they fix iLeap altogether? It’s been finicky since BWE.

Actually fixing the function of the skill is many MANY times harder to do than fixing the cooldown. To fix the cooldown all they need is for 1 intern to go into the code and change 1 number. Easy and fast.

For the actual function of the skill itself, you need to interact with automatic pathing, with negotiating different terrain, and then figuring out what sort of elevation and distance switches are allowable with the swap. As much as I would love to see it fixed, I understand that it is a really tough problem to solve from a coding perspective.

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

Posted by: zcoob.9105

zcoob.9105

they could just change the skill so that the illusions spawns next to the target and snares it, not sure why they just let the skill fail so often.

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

Aiwe.8371

teleporting the clone sound the easy way to fix the pathing problemes

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

zcoob.9105

but it would fix it, the pathing problems won’t get fixed anyways… and if they would let the clone teleport it would at least work 100% of the time.

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

crewthief.8649

but it would fix it, the pathing problems won’t get fixed anyways… and if they would let the clone teleport it would at least work 100% of the time.

I like this idea alot. This would make me very happy. I can’t tell you how many times i’ve “whiffed” because of pathing.

< JADE QUARRY >
Hands Off My Octopus

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

No, its not hard to fix the oathing issue. If it was, then savage leap would have missed at least once in all the time I’ve played my warrior. So would swoop, heartseeker, the guardian one, or any other working “leap” skill. Just summon the clone at mesmer location and have it activate savage leap lite (clone damage mod).

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

zcoob.9105

the problem is the pathing of NPCs not the pathing of players.

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alchemist.3692

Alchemist.3692

what i would love to see is it actually do immobilize and cripple. Can’t count the number of times thieves just walk away from an iLeap. Seriously, walk away, since our mobility is just ridiculous and the one attack that the one handed sword relies on keeps us rooted. Makes it pretty tough to kill someone by just swinging your sword around rampantly. We’ll never get the dmg output of the other professions.

Even if pathing fails are difficult to solve – I still don’t why we cant have the cripple and immob work properly. I don’t even want to get started with out of range fails. If you cast iLeap within range but the person takes 2 steps out of range cuz they’re running away you have to now wait for a full cd.

But no, lets not fix this issue and continue the nerfs.

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

what i would love to see is it actually do immobilize and cripple. Can’t count the number of times thieves just walk away from an iLeap. Seriously, walk away, since our mobility is just ridiculous and the one attack that the one handed sword relies on keeps us rooted. Makes it pretty tough to kill someone by just swinging your sword around rampantly. We’ll never get the dmg output of the other professions.

Even if pathing fails are difficult to solve – I still don’t why we cant have the cripple and immob work properly. I don’t even want to get started with out of range fails. If you cast iLeap within range but the person takes 2 steps out of range cuz they’re running away you have to now wait for a full cd.

Cripple and immobilize work fine. The clone WILL cripple if it gets to the target, and if you swap when the clone is near the target, it will immobilize properly. As a matter of fact, the immobilize is aoe, not target based, meaning you can easily immobilize a group of mobs with swap.

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

Alchemist.3692

Cripple and immobilize work fine. The clone WILL cripple if it gets to the target, and if you swap when the clone is near the target, it will immobilize properly. As a matter of fact, the immobilize is aoe, not target based, meaning you can easily immobilize a group of mobs with swap.

I rarely ever get it to work. I know how to use it, and when it’s supposed to work (and under what conditions) but it just doesn’t and I don’t know what it is. Maybe i’ll post a video if I get time

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

I rarely ever get it to work. I know how to use it, and when it’s supposed to work (and under what conditions) but it just doesn’t and I don’t know what it is. Maybe i’ll post a video if I get time

If it rarely works for you, then you are using it wrong. My suspicion is that you are activating the swap too soon, before the clone makes it to the target. If you do that, then the clone will not get there to apply the cripple, the immobilize will not be applied, and lastly you won’t properly move to the target.

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

Alchemist.3692

If it rarely works for you, then you are using it wrong. My suspicion is that you are activating the swap too soon, before the clone makes it to the target. If you do that, then the clone will not get there to apply the cripple, the immobilize will not be applied, and lastly you won’t properly move to the target.

no the mechanics work fine. my clone did attack (but no cripple) i swapped anyway and no immob. but i do end up in front of the guy. I usually get this issue with thieves so maybe the immobilize gets removed once they go in to stealth but I don’t actually see the condition on their character so i wonder if it even applied in the first place.

But like I said, i’ll have to make a video to better show it because it is something that happens regularly.

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

zcoob.9105

the problem isn’t that the clone doesn’t snare or immobalize on swap, the problem is the clone reaching the target if your target isn’t on the same z coordinate as you are ( meaning if he is above or below you ), the clone just spawns does his charge but actually just moves like 1 step and stops. THAT is the whole problem with the skill, and it is incredibly annoying.

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cataca.3867

Cataca.3867

First of all, it would really really help if the clone applied cripple at all. Im using the skill all the time and it never ever triggers.

Cooldown woes and pathing aside. A core part of the skill is just not working. (just test it on spvp or some mob, it wont trigger, no matter what you do) Tho saying that, i find a one second cripple to be incredibly short at any rate.

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

Posted by: MysticHLE.7160

MysticHLE.7160

This. Been waiting for a fix on this since I started my Mesmer…

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

crewthief.8649

Yeah, it is very frustrating and MH Sword takes a hit as the result. It’s a shame when you have to adjust your playstyle to accommodate glitchy mechanics (which i’ve had to do). There must be SOME way to fix or improve the way this skill acts.

< JADE QUARRY >
Hands Off My Octopus

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

Devs, while you’re looking into iLeap, I have a suggestion that I think would be an awesome addition to the skill. Currently, staff users can use Phase Retreat to escape from Crystal Prisons. I wanted to suggest the ability to cast iLeap while in a crystal prison. This change could add more depth to gameplay by allowing mesmers who react quickly to switch places with the clone outside of the prison if they’re able to cast it on a target. Maybe I should put this in suggestion ?

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

Posted by: MysticHLE.7160

MysticHLE.7160

Devs, while you’re looking into iLeap, I have a suggestion that I think would be an awesome addition to the skill. Currently, staff users can use Phase Retreat to escape from Crystal Prisons. I wanted to suggest the ability to cast iLeap while in a crystal prison. This change could add more depth to gameplay by allowing mesmers who react quickly to switch places with the clone outside of the prison if they’re able to cast it on a target. Maybe I should put this in suggestion ?

You can cast iLeap (the swap) while inside a crystal, and it will get you out. The first part doesn’t work…and that’s expected. After all, you are creating the clone in-place and swapping with it after it has appeared. How it currently is is fine. If you see Alpha or whatever boss perform the crystalizing attack, quickly iLeap, then swap after you’ve been crystalized.

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

You can cast iLeap (the swap) while inside a crystal, and it will get you out. The first part doesn’t work…and that’s expected. After all, you are creating the clone in-place and swapping with it after it has appeared. How it currently is is fine. If you see Alpha or whatever boss perform the crystalizing attack, quickly iLeap, then swap after you’ve been crystalized.

I suppose you’re right. I want to be able to cast the clone while I’m in the crystal. But I guess I should just work on my timing so i can get the clone out before the crystal so i can swap after.

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

Aiwe.8371

plz dont forget this, i will not let it down into the deep

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

Aiwe.8371

up
I would like to hear that you are working on it, since the release the CD is bugged.
Dont forget us !
Thanks

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Do not post petitions, “I demand an answer” threads, conspiracy threads, or comments about circumventing the rules.

Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/rules

Please respect the rules before posting.

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

As much as I would love to see the ileap cooldown problem fixed, and I don’t understand what is so difficult about fixing cooldowns problems given a halfway sensible coding protocol, but I’m willing to give anet the benefit of the doubt on this one….anet has stated they are aware of the problem and will sorta try to fix it eventually. Making or bumping threads about a known and recognized issue really isn’t going to help anything.

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

Aiwe.8371

Do not post petitions, “I demand an answer” threads, conspiracy threads, or comments about circumventing the rules.

Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/rules

Please respect the rules before posting.

Yeah you are right… sorry, its just that i am a little bit disappointed, i am waiting that since 6 months…

Fix iLeap CD

in Mesmer

Posted by: Delofasht.4231

Delofasht.4231

I do think priorities shift quite a bit as they are working on things. What seemed important one moment might mean nothing in the face of a glitch due to something else that was more important. Things like this get pushed back, then honestly forgotten, the only way to make sure the developers remember how important it is to the community is to speak up about it.

This is an issue that definitely could use some fixing, and soon because if they are making changes to weapon skills it is going to affect the balance, this would to and make different builds work differently. It’s such an important issue that by fixing it they might have to rethink other changes they are making as well.

“I’m sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.”
- Dr. Alfred Lanning, fictional character of great intellect.