Fractal Ranged weapon?

Fractal Ranged weapon?

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheDestroyer.4187

TheDestroyer.4187

I know that some fractals require range and was wondering what is the best range weapon for them? or rather which weapons are good for which fractals?

Fractal Ranged weapon?

in Mesmer

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

If you require range, greatsword >> all pretty much. The iWarlock from staff is not bad, but the DPS from staff is rather awful. Scepter is super bad in PvE. Stick with greatsword, but remember to swap it back to sword for things that do not require range

Fractal Ranged weapon?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bumbler.7581

Bumbler.7581

The Scepter is not as bad as you think, primarily because you can grab an off hand phantasm. For example, for Captain Ashym in the Urban Battlegrounds fractal, you are best using sword/sword in phase 1 and then scepter/pistol in phase two. With the scepter, you can stay out of range of his AoE and pump out pistol phantasms and spam the 3 skill; this will output more damage than the GS.

This is the case with some other fractal bosses as well such as the imbued shaman (though if your team doesn’t group up the adds that well, then GS for AoE would be preferred) and the archdiviner.

However, as Maxinion said, do your best to be in melee whenever you can. It’s more damage and will help you learn tells better and be a better player overall.

In Chancery (Jade Quarry, NA) – The Instance Mesmer
#readingLFGisOP #savethewarden
#wallsfixdungeons

Fractal Ranged weapon?

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheDestroyer.4187

TheDestroyer.4187

yeah i melee everything in fracs except a few bosses – the shaman, mossman, archdiviner(kind of i switch between melee and range for this one) i think that is it… not sure though there might be one or two more

Fractal Ranged weapon?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

GS is just “good” for dredge or ascalon – or other trashmobs. However the Staff nearly allways outclasses the GS for the team. Scepter is underrated and a very good single target weapon. Nothing better against mossman for example.

A ranged weapon is not really required in fotm, just carry everything with you and pick what feels to be the best for yourself.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Fractal Ranged weapon?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Scepter is underrated and a very good single target weapon.

Xyonon, can you elaborate this claim a little more? You are not the first one saying this but I have hard time looking how autoattack clone overwrite my phantasm. Are you stopping the chain or something?

I also have doubts about overall damage. Sure, confusing images is good but…

Ty
EDIT: Sorry, forgot to tell that I have mind a power-phantasm build.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Fractal Ranged weapon?

in Mesmer

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

scepter is underrated because autoattack spam a clone >.>
Can be avoided but its still annoying.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Fractal Ranged weapon?

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

The Scepter aa is comparable to the GS’ aa in single target dps. Just that the scepter is strong in short range combat, giving you the adventage of gaining boons from allies if some are still melee. Also the scepter block hits extreamly hard aswell the channeled 3.

The fact that the aa is creating clones isn’t that bad at all. They often tank a hit and disturb the enemy. You rarely will have 3 phantasms out there wihtout loosing them. In theory the scepter sounds a bit bad with the aa but in practice it’s pretty cool.

However if you manage to get 3 phantasms you simply can do 2 aa’s, skill 3, 2 aa’s and fill with skills 2, 4 and 5 until weaponswap (you could even do 2 aa’s again in the end).

Scepter fits very well into a phantasm power build.

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

Fractal Ranged weapon?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bumbler.7581

Bumbler.7581

The Scepter aa is comparable to the GS’ aa in single target dps. Just that the scepter is strong in short range combat, giving you the adventage of gaining boons from allies if some are still melee. Also the scepter block hits extreamly hard aswell the channeled 3.

The fact that the aa is creating clones isn’t that bad at all. They often tank a hit and disturb the enemy. You rarely will have 3 phantasms out there wihtout loosing them. In theory the scepter sounds a bit bad with the aa but in practice it’s pretty cool.

However if you manage to get 3 phantasms you simply can do 2 aa’s, skill 3, 2 aa’s and fill with skills 2, 4 and 5 until weaponswap (you could even do 2 aa’s again in the end).

Scepter fits very well into a phantasm power build.

This exactly.

In Chancery (Jade Quarry, NA) – The Instance Mesmer
#readingLFGisOP #savethewarden
#wallsfixdungeons

Fractal Ranged weapon?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Mmmh. Ok, I will give it a try.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Fractal Ranged weapon?

in Mesmer

LordByron.8369

On another point of view fractal have lot of trash mobs….
Expecially now that iwarden have been bugged, the best AoE weapon/phantasm/cc have some relevance……

I never get why people forget the AoE part…

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Fractal Ranged weapon?

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

That’s why i wrote

The Scepter aa is comparable to the GS’ aa in single target dps.

:D

The scepter can do some AoE to be honest, since 3 penetrates up to 5 enemies wich is pretty kitten. I guess it was 5, remember the GS has 3, but maybe the scepter has only 3 too. Not sure anymore xP. However the GS is much better than the scepter in range aoe combat, yes.

Fractal Ranged weapon?

in Mesmer

LordByron.8369

Only autoattack have range restrictions…
You want GS for the zerker and the wave mostly…. (sometimes also for the fast clone generation and the ranged boon strip but less likely in a phant build).

Also i heard wonders of GS with sigil of fire….will try it when they will enable a second slot.

GW2 balance: