Full celestial for wvw?

Full celestial for wvw?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

hi, I haven’t been keeping up with mesmers lately, decided to remake another one, I had an extra set of full celestial ascended stuff from my ele and was wondering if there was any build that can utilize a celestial set on Mesmer for wvw to mess around with before I change the stats

Full celestial for wvw?

in Mesmer

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I run a celestial jack of all trades mesmer sometimes, its fun but it has the typical Mesmer weaknesses:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAW7fl0nhy0YjawCNwtGLvG05PCSyNXxMqJaAa+zB-TVyCABdq+jJ6EsTTwe7PcxBB4LlfO8EAA4CAcoSwNDCA+//byzjUABOsC-w

Whats nice is that it has some variations, like you can drop chaos for dueling and pick up offhand pistol somewhere (something like sw/p and sc/t or staff and sc/p), or drop a traitline to pick up Domination for a GS version.

Full celestial for wvw?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

What’s the point of going full celestial? I don’t think mesmer does hybrid damage very well unless you go full viper or sinister. If the extra vitality and toughness is what you really want, then you’d be better off just mixing valkyrie/marauder/knight/cavalier with berserker for a power build, or mixing trailblazer/dire with rabid for a condi build. I don’t know of any use for healing power on mesmer, so that means they’re aren’t any reasons left to use celestial. Am I right?

Full celestial for wvw?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

What’s the point of going full celestial? I don’t think mesmer does hybrid damage very well unless you go full viper or sinister. If the extra vitality and toughness is what you really want, then you’d be better off just mixing valkyrie/marauder/knight/cavalier with berserker for a power build, or mixing trailblazer/dire with rabid for a condi build. I don’t know of any use for healing power on mesmer, so that means they’re aren’t any reasons left to use celestial. Am I right?

I think you missed the point, I’m not aiming to gear up for that, I just have a full set already, and I was just asking for a suggested build to mess around with

Full celestial for wvw?

in Mesmer

Clownmug.8357

Ok, what I should’ve said is I don’t think there are any decent builds for you using your complete celestial set. However, a regular power shatter or condi shatter build would probably work fine using your celestial trinkets with some cheap exotic gear.

Actually, I should ask, are you doing roaming or zerging? It probably won’t matter what gear or build you use if you’re zerging.

(edited by Clownmug.8357)

Full celestial for wvw?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

are you guys kidding? cele is basicly the same as the merks amulet build from pvp. You can port that over 1:1 from pvp with celestial and perpexity runes and just wreck stuff! Shatters have a natural power component so its always worth it to get some power dmg as well on mes.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAse2kknhy0YHas8cUoTQ+8Y1D6huonFQAcYA-TVyCABCqPohjAgEPAgvU+RxhAoT1fA4EAs8+DHqEkUA+J2C-w

also very nice with sceptre instead of sword

(edited by Pride.1734)

Full celestial for wvw?

in Mesmer

Clownmug.8357

Since all stats go much higher wvw, why limit yourself by spreading them around? You could do that same build with dire/trailblazer and get much higher condi damage plus even more toughness and vitality. I mean, there’s a reason pvp never got a dire amulet.

Full celestial for wvw?

in Mesmer

Pride.1734

From what i have undestood about cele you get literaly the highest stat total and thats great if you use all the stats, even moreso in wvw because stats really matter. There is a reason cele amulet isnt in pvp anymore either lmao.

True, you could go higher in condi but when your confusion sticks you melt anything anyway. The added power adds a damage component and pressure to your shatter, not to mention that the sword and shield are power weapons and generally agreed on to be the best mesmer weapon set. Even the scepter has got nice power behind the no. 2 and 3 skill. Not even the healing power stat is wasted on this build.

You basicly have good and consistent power as well as ridiculous condi output with great sustain and survivabilty.

Trust me this build was made for cele, just try it and tell me how it went.

Full celestial for wvw?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Magical Things.8465

Magical Things.8465

From what i have undestood about cele you get literaly the highest stat total and thats great if you use all the stats, even moreso in wvw because stats really matter. There is a reason cele amulet isnt in pvp anymore either lmao.

True, you could go higher in condi but when your confusion sticks you melt anything anyway. The added power adds a damage component and pressure to your shatter, not to mention that the sword and shield are power weapons and generally agreed on to be the best mesmer weapon set. Even the scepter has got nice power behind the no. 2 and 3 skill. Not even the healing power stat is wasted on this build.

You basicly have good and consistent power as well as ridiculous condi output with great sustain and survivabilty.

Trust me this build was made for cele, just try it and tell me how it went.

That is got to be the worst hybrid build I’ve ever seen. Damage is abysmal, no condi duration at all so confusion and torment lasts half a second not doing any real damage, phantasms don’t survive long enough in WvW to do any damage beyond first attack, you have zero spike and will die if u get hit with a good crit.

Viper and Sinister is the hybrid gear you want. If you need high toughness to survive in WvW then you should play another class.

Full celestial for wvw?

in Mesmer

Pride.1734

Good luck fighting outnumbered fights in your glassy stuff.
How about you go for condi duration in your PvE builds where cleanse isnt a thing and only offensive stats matter. There is constant condi pressure and good confusion duration. Kinda sad that i have to tell you this but the build is not about letting the phatasms get of lots of attacks but to get lots of benefit from your shatter.

I roam wvw with this, and its amazing in both 1v1 and outnumbered.