Future Elite Mesmer Idea~ :D

Future Elite Mesmer Idea~ :D

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sarasv.8962

Sarasv.8962

So not to hamper on anyone’s ideas or for future content but Choux Pls and I were in map chat today in say discussing about future elite specc’s for our favorites. And upon discussion on the Ele WH we comtemplated future ideas – specifically the Mesmer.

One such was the name for:

Mesmer Longbow: Trickster, Sentinel, Arbalest,
and Paradox.

Mesmer Hammer: Cabalist.

We became, as time went on more interested in the idea of a mesmer with a longbow and how that would work. And we came up with the idea that it would create wards/traps that specifically caused torments, binds, blinds, stuns etc and reversals.

Some skill names and effects we had in mind of actually just raw ideas would be that the bow would create arrow prisons like subject alpha’s crystals or create volleys of spikes that would inflict damage, warp effects, put players/enemies in locks and bend space/ether with the pierce of an arrow.

Skill ideas Choux Pls and I had!

Butterfly Effect: Shoots an arrow that passes through enemies; summon an illusion that copies their boons, and gives them your conditions.

Faint of Heart: Shoots a passing volley of arrows that pass through your target, causes weakness; summons a clone for each arrow that passes behind an enemy. 3-5 targets.

Feign The Disillusioned: Shoots an arrow that evades three steps; leaves a triggered trap in its wake.

Elite Pandora’s Box: Channel a spell with longbow as the medium; summon an AoE that places triggered crystal spike traps in its radius; inflicts crystal prism binds/pulses, inflicts chill/binds/blinds/weakness?

Archer’s Paradox: Shoot a volley of arrows; (not linear, shoots in a cone effect or follow’s an enemy till hit). The idea came from archer’s shooting arrows that actually curve, somewhat like a baseball player throwing a screwball.

Prisoner of Torment: Shoot a barrage of arrows that inflict stuns or binds.

Archer Arcanum: Summon a bow of ether.

Shattered Fragments : Shatter illusions; summon vortexes of weakness that cause blind.

Loophole: Fires an arrow in front of the player, that summons a vortex behind an enemy and shoots from behind.

The idea we had was: “To strongly use the thought of traps, summoning vortexes, bending ether by using the crystal dust in the air to inflict damage.”

- vortexes (a utility simular to wells or portals)
- loopholes (another utility idea)
- traps (spikes)
- arrow prisons & wards

I had fun with this and me and Choux rambled for an hour. We can’t wait to see what elite specs bring in the future! (PS – I will try not to draw art for this)