Future of our Specializations

in Mesmer

Posted by: act.6302

act.6302

I saw a post on this topic in the necro forum and thought we should have one to. Anything they can do we can do better (condis…)

So i guess ill start it off.
How about a spell breaker? I think this fits in best with the mesmer of all the classes. He/she could absorb near by spells/magic (would take some work by the devs to classify skills into magical/not) to charge thier new and more powerful shatters? Could make some cool counter plays against casters??

It could be cool to see some more portal plays? Where you can portal an enemy attacker away from you? Imagine putting down a portal just as a warrior is about to land earth shaker on you and they get teleported half way across the map. Or maybe we could get some telekenesis and rag doll some players? Fitting in with the control and interruption strengths of mesmers?

Or focusing on the illusionist side of things. We could summon realistic images of team mates. That appear real but are just like clones. Could be fun for Pvp, and generally trolling, to be able to appear to have 3 other players with you when it is really just you. (it would be great if our normal clones had abit more AI and ran around or something)

Or how can we build on our current unique characteristics that are just not quite viable. Really emphasising interruptions and cc, or support through boon/distortion sharing, … idk what if shatters leave shattered glass behind and running through it deals damage?

What do you guys reckon?

(edited by act.6302)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

I have three ideas:
1. Hexes: Shatters now have weakened singular effects, but now do a three-pulse AoE effect around the target, creating an etherial field attached to the enemy which allies can activate finishers on.
2. Hijack Psyke: Shatters turn into special skills which now turn the enemies’ abilities on themselves. Mind Whack now strikes foes using their own power and crit stat, CoF now hits using the enemy’s own condi stat, Diversion now applies a unique buff on enemies which turns their next skill against them instead, meaning that the a small reflective barrier surrounds them and their attacks in either projectile or melee form are done unto themselves.
3. Nightmare: The mesmer can now create special illusions via shattering old ones which can only be seen by the target, but don’t actually take up any illusion slots. They are essentially “hallucinations” of the target.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Entropy.6784

Entropy.6784

Obviously the original mesmer Fast casting ftw!

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

I always wanted Null Field to be something like this skill (from an MMO i played in the past), basically removing hostile AoEs and further preventing enemy’s AoEs for a short period of time.

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

I always wanted Null Field to be something like this skill (from an MMO i played in the past), basically removing hostile AoEs and further preventing enemy’s AoEs for a short period of time.

Gasp! Raganarok Online! I would say something like Pneuma and Quagmire or Kyrie Eleison will be so cool as a mesmer skill.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Mesmer

Posted by: Maxzero.4032

Maxzero.4032

Something with MH pistol thanks. Like a Gunslinger or Duelist.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Oh, and something to do with teleporting enemies, since we know that’s possible with Revenant’s skills.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Michal.4513

Michal.4513

All i want is Phantom Lord, The master of 3D hexes, focusing on Illusion, and clones

Traits:
Minor Adept>Phantom Lord (You can now summon 3 clones and 3 phantoms. Gain acces to Channeling Skills,
Major Adept> Shattered image (When Illusion Dies they explode dealing AOE dmg)
Gm Adept> Phantasma (Phantoms alwasy attack every 4s)

Some of Trait ideas:
Minor:
- wind of imagination (whenver illusion die gain 1 might)
-Phantom Shroud (After summoning Phantom gain Protection[3s] and Resistance [3s]
Major:
-Shatter Condition (Phantoms remove condiiton when killed)
-Shatter Mind (Phantoms remove Boon when killed)
GM:
-Mirror Phantom (Phantom skills summon now 2 phantoms instead 1 [15s icd])
-Echo (when Phantom die, he will spawn again for 1attack then disappear)

Channeling skill.. i do like this, to be similar to gw1 things, its give you passive things if things happens to you, or around you.
Healing: Channeling ( You get heal everytime som1 is ussing a skill [1s icd) Active: Gain Health for every enemy or ally)

Utility: Fevered Dreams (Copy 2 conditions frome yourself to Nearby enemy every 5s, Active: Copy All conditions to Enemy, gain Resistane fo 10s)

Utility: Emphaty ( Redirect 2% of taken dmg to attacker, Active: Reduce incoming dmg by 20%)

Utility: Migrain ( Apply Slow(2s) to attacker [1s icd], Active: Next Attack on you will be interrupted and will be disabled for 15s) [ This do not active on AA skills, but work on all others, like thiefs HS]

Elite: Ether Lord ( Change yourself to Phantom, gaining additional stats, health Regen and immunity to conditions. Phantom you cast are twice stronger.

ofc is more of dream, it would be to op to handle xD

in Mesmer

Posted by: NolanCrown.6502

NolanCrown.6502

Okay, this is probably way too obvious or cliche, but I want a Bard or Minstrel or some kind of Musician class. (Based on the amount of in-game references to this, I think it might even be somewhat likely: the specialization line for Glamours.)

I am imagining it to be focused on boons and condis, with some major support capabilites. Additionally, the shatters could change into sustained “songs” that get more effective based on how many illusions you have out (think of it like having a bigger band to help you).

It would either get access to the warhorn, or preferably a new weapon type entirely: flute, harp, lute, whatever.

As for how condis would be used, or an interesting method of using them, I haven’t thought a bunch on that yet. However, because it would be a more bunker playstyle, I think the traits should focus on applying condis on illusion death maybe, or making illusions tougher to kill in general?

Sorry if this is lame, but Bard is my favorite fantasy game trope and I love the support and condi style gameplay, so this would just be a dream come true for me…

in Mesmer

Posted by: act.6302

act.6302

Dondagora, cool ideas. My favourite of those is the Hijack Psyke. I love being able to counter my opponents skills and i reckon this could be really fun to play. also, attaching a field to an opponent that you can finish in is pretty cool. and yea, nightmare. this is what mesmer needs, more illusions, more confusion for the actual player.

hey, that’s kinda cool. the bard. maybe there should be a new condi, deafness where the sound effects are cut, or white noise (but i guess that means blinds should blur out the screen…). what could his attacks be? like a sonic boom with a massive knockback? we already have a skill called echo, but that could definitely be reworked into something cooler. there could be some sort of resonant frequency thing/related to waves? e.g. you cycle between 2 forms, going from dealing dps to being tanky. and/or if you or the enemy get your timing wrong bad things happen??

in Mesmer

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

Gasp! Raganarok Online! I would say something like Pneuma and Quagmire or Kyrie Eleison will be so cool as a mesmer skill.

I’m entirely on board with Mesmers getting any Acolyte skills from RO. :P

Pneuma would be pretty cool, but pretty much already exists as Smoke Screen on thieves, and we already have a million and two ways to deal with projectiles.

I would love Land Protector though. It would go a long way to preventing nuking AoEs on capture points in PvP, and would also give mesmer some counterplay to people using AoE’s to kill all their clones

Dragonbrand