GS/Staff still Viable for WvW/Pve?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eucalyptus.9784

Eucalyptus.9784

Just wondering if anyone’s got any powerful GS + Staff builds still out there. I know they were super popular back in the day, but not sure what changed to make them not as good. Back from a year-ish vacation.

Looking for something offensively focused still. Maybe a good might stacking GS/Staff build? Doesn’t have to be Shatter-based.

Hybrid PU Clone Spam Build – Chaos Clones

in Mesmer

Posted by: Naracion.6597

Naracion.6597

I use a condi pu(just in case you don’t know with being gone for a while…pu stands for the Primsatic Understanding in grandmaster trait in chaos) build for wvw roaming that uses staff/gs. For pve I switch to power build with gs sword/focus.

in Mesmer

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Double Ranged Shatter mes was on EU champ team. Power build. I use something similar for roaming in W3 with Traveler’s instead of strength runes. It’s still very viable. The QQ train is starting to cry about PU so don’t get comfortable with it. Run 4/4/0/0/6.
II, VII on line 1, I, X on line 2, III, VII, XI on five. Classic and still strong.

For PvE it should be S-S/S-F all the way. Berserk or Assassin depending on fight and traits vary as well. Most still take the mantra and warden reflects.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Milamberr.1705

Milamberr.1705

Double Ranged Shatter mes was on EU champ team.

Hey you would be able to link where you saw that? Was it twitch? I can’t seem to find it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Hey you would be able to link where you saw that? Was it twitch? I can’t seem to find it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2471ry/tourney_of_legends_tcg_builds/

There ya go.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Milamberr.1705

Milamberr.1705

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2471ry/tourney_of_legends_tcg_builds/

There ya go.

Thanks a lot

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

Just wondering if anyone’s got any powerful GS + Staff builds still out there. I know they were super popular back in the day, but not sure what changed to make them not as good. Back from a year-ish vacation.

Looking for something offensively focused still. Maybe a good might stacking GS/Staff build? Doesn’t have to be Shatter-based.

For WvW there’s definitely a reasonable selection of builds that GS/staff works for. PvE, not so much. You want sword/focus + sword/sword in PvE, with few exceptions.

in Mesmer

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

WvW you can use Staff or GS based on your build with S/X on your other set. For PvE like dungeons, GS and Staff aren’t great options. Typically you want to go S/S, S/F, or S/P (niched) for PvE. S/S for most dungeons and if you need the focus skills then you have S/F for your other set. S/P only if say you don’t need focus or OH sword doesn’t work well (Lupi for example).

in Mesmer

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Gs/staff does fine in wvw and in pvp works great for cleave, aoe support and damage and ranged dps all while packing superior map control though portal. You run null field for condi and boon removal and blink for mobile breaker. Great off point roamer.

Säïnt