GS hitting multiple targets soon.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

According to the SotG interview with Anet developers “Beam” abilities will have the ability to hit enemies in between you and your target.

Thoughts?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Sounds like interference, not multiple hits (unless traited?).

To me, it seems like it would be a projectile block instead of a projectile pierce.

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

^

Agreed. That would be annoying as hell to get used to, especially with reflect abilities affecting spatial surge and the like.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

thoughts?
about confusing images being multi targetted?
shoar

Edit: oh if it’s interference…gross
since because ^ reflection

in Mesmer

Pandabro.8743

Sounds like interference, not multiple hits (unless traited?).

To me, it seems like it would be a projectile block instead of a projectile pierce.

Sounded to me like it would hit everything between you and the target. He talked about it being able to hit pets and their owners. I think the details are still somewhat vague though.

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

Hopefully it’s that. I wonder if the second target will be hit for half damage or something. This way a player with pets can diffuse the damage a bit if they position well.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

As someone that’s played a ranger with Piercing Arrows, this is awesome, at least for PvE. There’s a reason that the Piercing Arrows trait is a must for any serious ranger build in dungeons.

However, I don’t see it being as big as it is for rangers since a pierce on all arrow attacks (including cripple, knockback, etc.) isn’t as big as simply getting piercing on the auto attack of the gs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alchemist.3692

Alchemist.3692

if the gs suddenly falls under “projectile that can be reflected” then we can say goodbye to it. With the izerker fails (thanks to LOS bugs) and a rooted mindstab, there’s only the #2 skill that has any particular use, and even that’s questionable at best.

If it works as a pierce through then I can see it being used more in 1 v x and probably getting a lot of QQ from the thieves that die by accident during stealth lol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leths.6751

Leths.6751

Interference – I will cry myself to sleep the day it happens.
Piercing – I will not sleep that day.

in Mesmer

Pandabro.8743

I’m fairly certain this was being presented as a “buff” not a nerf, so I don’t think it’s a “can now be reflected” kind of change.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qwyksylver Vyqtunos.6312

Qwyksylver Vyqtunos.6312

This exactly lol

Raagar Deathclaw-Necromancer | Korgin Shadowmind-Mesmer

Circle of Legends [BOLD]

in Mesmer

Pandabro.8743

Yeah I’m fairly certain it’s a piercing:

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2guru/b/377719641

At about 44:22 is when he starts talking about it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

Ahah same.

So much GS love though (if piercing). Where is Scepter and Torch love ANet ?

in Mesmer

Leths.6751

Thanks for that Panda, it’s definitely piercing. Love the change.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

Ahah same.

So much GS love though (if piercing). Where is Scepter and Torch love ANet ?

Confusing images probably will also get affected by this buff, since it’s a beam as well

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

Well, gs has one of the weakest auto attacks currently, and in pvp, hitting two people with a piercing beam is practically impossible to keep up. It might occur more often in pvp, but if it doesn’t get any actual radius on it’s hit I don’t think it will do much.

In other news, they also mentioned they would probably destroy shatter, so I’m not too hot for this patch at all at the moment…

in Mesmer

Leths.6751

What do you mean destroy shatter winter? What would be the point of that?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ironvos.9014

Ironvos.9014

Confusing images would be hitting up to 5 people he said, target + 4.
Sounds really nice if you are in a big fight.
Select the dude in the back and then walk around with the beam active, confusion everywhere

And it certainly is piercing not interference.

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

in Mesmer

Pandabro.8743

Shatter spec. It seems that most believe it’s our most viable spec in sPVP. I think this is fine, as long as they buff other areas to compensate, diversity is welcoming to me as I like to experiment with builds rather than playing the same one 99% of the time.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kazhiel.8194

Kazhiel.8194

Ugh I can’t seem to get the video to load, is there a transcript somewhere? :/

Jalliel [AI] – Yak’s Bend

in Mesmer

Leths.6751

Shatter spec. It seems that most believe it’s our most viable spec in sPVP. I think this is fine, as long as they buff other areas to compensate, diversity is welcoming to me as I like to experiment with builds rather than playing the same one 99% of the time.

Yes, for sPvP, but wouldn’t they only be changing the sPvP shatter, because they already seperated some skills in PvP from PvE effects, it should have no effect in PvE then.

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. I really enjoy shatter, but I really don’t see how they’re gonna nerf it damage-wise because the damage isn’t THAT high. It’s balanced, secure source of damage, same with phantasms, I see the boon removal on shatter nerf, or something along those lines, but I really don’t see the point, because in PvE it’s balanced with other classes, and in WvW, let’s be realistic, how many people in big battles get to shatter… Those clones get aoed down like they’re rabbits.

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Yes, for sPvP, but wouldn’t they only be changing the sPvP shatter, because they already seperated some skills in PvP from PvE effects, it should have no effect in PvE then.

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. I really enjoy shatter, but I really don’t see how they’re gonna nerf it damage-wise because the damage isn’t THAT high. It’s balanced, secure source of damage, same with phantasms, I see the boon removal on shatter nerf, or something along those lines, but I really don’t see the point, because in PvE it’s balanced with other classes, and in WvW, let’s be realistic, how many people in big battles get to shatter… Those clones get aoed down like they’re rabbits.

The only difference for mesmers between pve and pvp is the damage from confusion… And that is just the condition… No mesmer changes have ever been split between pvp and pve… So this shatter nerf that is designed for sPvP is going to affect all mesmers across all aspects of play.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zen.4678

Zen.4678

For the PvE and WvW side of things, it sounds more like they are limiting our build choice instead of diversifying it. Less clone AoE and more GS AoE. I see a lot of mes running GS in those areas as it is and this only promotes it more.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Greatsword is already the most popular Mesmer weapon. Why an earth to buff it more!?!

Anet developers: we want more diversity. Not more of the same!

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Mesmer

Leths.6751

The only difference for mesmers between pve and pvp is the damage from confusion… And that is just the condition… No mesmer changes have ever been split between pvp and pve… So this shatter nerf that is designed for sPvP is going to affect all mesmers across all aspects of play.

Still doesn’t mean they won’t do it, atleast I hope they will. We’ll just have to wait and see I guess

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

The four skills they mentioned were surge, CI, arc lightning, and wrath. Not interference, nor piercing the target, but a line aoe that hits up to 3 or 5 targets from caster to target.

They never said they would destroy shatters. They said they might need to need to lower shatter damage “a bit” with the new beam aoe abilities coming in.

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast

in Mesmer

Zen.4678

The four skills they mentioned were surge, CI, arc lightning, and wrath. Not interference, nor piercing the target, but a line aoe that hits up to 3 or 5 targets from caster to target.

They never said they would destroy shatters. They said they might need to need to lower shatter damage “a bit” with the new beam aoe abilities coming in.

It’s the “a bit” that probably worries everyone with how they’ve handled nerfing in the past.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Skyro.3108

Skyro.3108

I really do not see what people are getting all up in arms about. When was the last time you heard anybody complaining about piercing skills in sPvP? You don’t because it is hard as kitten to aim piercing attacks to hit more than 1 target.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

They said it hits 5 targets “in between” which means it may be able to get body blocked from the caster by hitting 5 targets instead of the caster.

Sounds intriguing and maybe it will make GS/Staff a viable Condition build (bleed) in sPvP.

in Mesmer

Zen.4678

I really do not see what people are getting all up in arms about. When was the last time you heard anybody complaining about piercing skills in sPvP? You don’t because it is hard as kitten to aim piercing attacks to hit more than 1 target.

I’m not complaining about sPvP. I’m concerned about WvW/PvE pigeonholing where a lot of Mesmers run GS already anyway and this change could potentially push more people to that depending how they handle the change to Shatter skills.

in Mesmer

Leths.6751

As a PvE player, I love the aoe change. The shatter damage is kind of a bad change imo, they should remove some of the utility it can give, rather than lower damage, because the damage isn’t that high in PvE, it’s maybe 3k per shatter with crit, FULL zerker gear. On a 15 second cooldown, it’s nowhere near a warrior damage. That’s why I’m kind of worried that this will completely kill shatter in PvE.

in Mesmer

Posted by: FLIMP.8172

FLIMP.8172

Lol… Sceptre is gonna be OP!! Can’t wait hahaha

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xolo.3580

Xolo.3580

While we’re at it making single target attacks more useful:

Sword Offhand phantasm hitting 3 targets (just like the third chain from Sword Main autoattack now) anyone?

in Mesmer

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

Oh kitten about time.

I have all class and GS1 is deff the worse of 1#skill.

Very nice buff.

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

(edited by playandchill.3908)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I spend almost all of my zerg combat time in the middle of the enemy zerg, so if you’re not shattering and hitting their zerg, you’re doing it wrong :p

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

As a PvE player, I love the aoe change. The shatter damage is kind of a bad change imo, they should remove some of the utility it can give, rather than lower damage, because the damage isn’t that high in PvE, it’s maybe 3k per shatter with crit, FULL zerker gear. On a 15 second cooldown, it’s nowhere near a warrior damage. That’s why I’m kind of worried that this will completely kill shatter in PvE.

That’d be 3k per illusion, on a 10 second cooldown if you’re build/traited/geared right.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

Ya I’m pretty stoked for this. This is going to make the meaner pretty OP for farming bags in WvW.

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

This change was to promote diversity, since shatter was strong because we had no aoe, from what I can tell from the video there is no changes to shatter this patch, but maybe it will be toned down in future patches

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

It’s the “a bit” that probably worries everyone with how they’ve handled nerfing in the past.

if this removes the distance requirements on GS I may be okay with it… But still…. Our Phantasmal berserker is broken… Not getting fixed it would seem… Any inflammatory post made asking for answers is infracted… So yeah GS will pierce auto attack damage won’t be too great still and the phantasmal berserker still misses 3/4 attacks… Confusing images would be cool… but the wind up… is like “Are we done yet?” which is really annoying… I understand the cast time but take the wind up out of it… Not necessary… And engineers can still stack more confusion than a scepter torch Mesmer…

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

I hope they don’t nerf boon removal on shatter. It’s the only effective counter to DD ele and Guardian bunkers in the entire meta. If anything, the other anti-boon abilities really need to be brought up.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

Wait… more AoE? Didn’t ANet make a big deal about reducing AoE effectiveness in the game?

Make up your mind guys, sheesh.

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

in Mesmer

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Oh kitten about time.

Very nice buff.

any ele #1 would have a word with you…..
actually the official weakest autoattack of any profession u.u

but isn t gs1 way stronger than SW 1?
I mean sw1 is so slow .-.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Mesmer

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

Wow, this is such great news to buff GS1 ! Amazing for PVE/WvW !! And might be more useful for sPvP/tPvP
I’m more skeptical about the change to Confusing Images …. Of course, I find this a welcomed buff. Still, I fear that this might be OP (especially in WvW actually) while #1 is still garbage and #2 still “ok”. I’d prefer to see more minor buffs to all skills of scepter rather than “destroy anything with #3 ! And when it’s on CD, just /dance”
But wait and see, maybe it’s not the only change, let’s hope

in Mesmer

Posted by: Knox.8462

Knox.8462

Wait… more AoE? Didn’t ANet make a big deal about reducing AoE effectiveness in the game?

Make up your mind guys, sheesh.

It’s more multi-target than AoE. It’s AoE fields they were refering to as the problem.

Anyways, Mantras are being looked at and underused utilities are being buffed, woo!

in Mesmer

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

Oh kitten about time.

Very nice buff.

any ele #1 would have a word with you…..
actually the official weakest autoattack of any profession u.u

but isn t gs1 way stronger than SW 1?
I mean sw1 is so slow .-.

Haha maybe. Sw is slow but i find it less clunky than GS1 (Playing in WvW only with gs). If you want to switch target the switch is so kittening slow :/

Maybe they ll also buff other #1. We ll see.

Prepare your light saber, mesmer are gonna pew pew !

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

(edited by playandchill.3908)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Knoclin.3180

Knoclin.3180

That sounds awesome!

in Mesmer

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

That sounds awesome!

I am quite accustomed to anet “buffs” to just remembr famous words from admiral ackbar……

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

I hope they don’t nerf boon removal on shatter. It’s the only effective counter to DD ele and Guardian bunkers in the entire meta. If anything, the other anti-boon abilities really need to be brought up.

They said they will introduce a “Boon Hate” mechanic via traits to Thieves and Wars to plug that hole.