Gaile is taking a look at our situation!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

How do I react to a damage bomb?
I pop an stun break, and use an invuln. Presuming I’m not immob’d, I might get away thanks to my snappy reaction there.

What about a condi bomb?

You actually do exactly the same.

Again, and this surprises me a lot about players in regards to conditions: conditions do not magically appear on you.

You avoid a direct damage bomb this way:

• You pop a stun break.
  • You use an an invulnerability skill to avoid the remaining damage.
  • You ended up taking X damage in the time it took you to go invulnerable. You avoided the rest.

You avoid a condition damage bomb this way:

• You pop a stun break.
  • You use an invulnerability skill to avoid the remaining attacks.
  • You ended up taking X conditions in the time it took you to go invulnerable. You avoided the rest.

I think the disconnect comes from people reacting to conditions after they were applied. That is wrong. You don’t react to direct damage after you’re dead, either. You avoid the attack applying the damage. Do the same for conditions. Avoid the attack applying the condition.

It’s a psychological thing. People don’t react to condition attacks well until they see all the red icons on their bar. Bit late, outside of cleansing. :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

(edited by Carighan.6758)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Yeah, the idea that you can’t react to conditions before they’re applied is just ridiculous. As Carighan said, a condition player doesn’t just mutter under their breath, wave their hands at their computer screen, and will you to gain conditions. Conditions are applied in all of the exact same ways that power damage is.

In fact, conditions have an additional reaction mechanism. Once power damage has been dealt, you can’t…un-deal it. You can, however, remove conditions. Even if you screw up and let somebody load you up with conditions, you can still remove them.

So, conditions actually have more reaction mechanisms than power damage does. You can dodge/mitigate/invuln/block the attacks that apply conditions, OR you can remove them. The whole idea of saying ‘oh, well unless I predict a condie bomb coming, I’m probably going to die’ is so wrong it blows my mind. Guess what else kills you if you don’t predict it? A full burst from a glass FA ele. Guess what else kills you if you don’t predict it? A full burst from a glass burst mesmer, or a from a burst thief, or guardian, or….etc. There’s nothing special about a condie bomb that makes it more dangerous or even harder to avoid. It’s all the asinine mindset of ‘oh condies are bad, and anyone using condies clearly isn’t putting any effort into playing because there’s obviously no possible way built into this game for me to somehow avoid or mitigate the condie damage’.

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

condi burst or power burst you need the same prediction
although i migh say that if oyu predict the power burst you can mitigate it while if you predict the condi burst some can apllied seconds later

example from my last games

i played condi shatter which has good condi burst with shatter not like any other class.
i dueled versus necro which has high sustain condi dmg.
the fight was on a point control.

i predict his poison whirling and block/evade it
i predict his condi transfer with signet and break the target.

you know what killed me 80% of the time . CHILL uptime as i cant cleanse it all the time. and longer the fight he has the upper hand

the way i was winning was if i tried to back of the point and not control it while my condi was ticking on him.

condi seem easier but in fact much harder as you can cleanse them while direct dmg when dealth you cant. this is why you dont see much condi in top esl. even revenant when viper as condi alone cant do the trick as you need fast kill

in Mesmer

Posted by: QQing.3089

QQing.3089

After today’s patch notes it seems like she really came through for us…..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

lol, so my decision to uninstall a couple of days ago was justified.

I guess I’ll look in again when the next patch hits in April?

It’s funny – I had more fun during the weekend reimagining mesmer trait lines that I didn’t even log in to play the game… I think that speaks volumes.

(edited by Curunen.8729)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ananeos.4587

Ananeos.4587

Devs obviously don’t read class forums so I made a thread in the general dicussion forum https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Chrono-CDs-still-aren-t-reduced/first#post5977943

Hailsec – Asuran Mesmer | EVOS
Zraiyya – Asuran Elementalist | EVOS
Akkodi – Asuran Engineer | EVOS

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nieguen.6235

Nieguen.6235

The best would be to do a reddit post maybe they will be able to learn…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fhaeris.9237

Fhaeris.9237

Everything’s working as intended!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lusteregris.2697

Lusteregris.2697

What, buff mesmer? You kiddin, gotta be carefull to not overbuff scepter, whatya expected, +66% dmg buff to clearly underpowered, never used weapon? Phah!

But dont worry guys, next +5% incoming in just a few months, assuming all 4 people that will stay on mesmer will yell loud enough. Gonna probably remove quickness from time warp though, to compensate. Mes is huge dps boost to a team, you see, my dog did calculations that clearly show chrono support, and Quickness sharing in particular, is way too OP.

Anyway, swapped my main pve class to ele, now semi afk doing 3x more damage than before, and still retaining some support abilities.

And pvp..screw that. You wait 4 min in queue and fight necros, necros, and more necros.

in Mesmer

Ananeos.4587

What, buff mesmer? You kiddin, gotta be carefull to not overbuff scepter, whatya expected, +66% dmg buff to clearly underpowered, never used weapon? Phah!

But dont worry guys, next +5% incoming in just a few months, assuming all 4 people that will stay on mesmer will yell loud enough. Gonna probably remove quickness from time warp though, to compensate. Mes is huge dps boost to a team, you see, my dog did calculations that clearly show chrono support, and Quickness sharing in particular, is way too OP.

Anyway, swapped my main pve class to ele, now semi afk doing 3x more damage than before, and still retaining some support abilities.

And pvp..screw that. You wait 4 min in queue and fight necros, necros, and more necros.

A team posted a 5 man Sabetha on reddit recently and posted the dps values of all members in the raid. Thief did 28k+ autoattacking, Ele did 30k+ while in air attunement alone and Mesmer was doing a average of 8-9k spamming all his skills.

in Mesmer

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

After today’s patch notes it seems like she really came through for us…..

well, actually “being helpful” and “appear to be helpful” are two different things. At least I did get my hopes up. Going through my backlog of steam games and PS4 are keeping me busy, at least I am having fun instead of feeling frustrated.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nieguen.6235

Nieguen.6235

A team posted a 5 man Sabetha on reddit recently and posted the dps values of all members in the raid. Thief did 28k+ autoattacking, Ele did 30k+ while in air attunement alone and Mesmer was doing a average of 8-9k spamming all his skills.

balance and skill mate, balance and skill…

in Mesmer

Ananeos.4587

balance and skill mate, balance and skill…

Uh huh, sure…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simeonus.9237

Simeonus.9237

They should change alacrity to 50% atleast, it wouldn’t be OP, they nerfed it to the ground..